Insurance

garyd

Rosie and Paty helped me with a Drivers Lic Policy by e mail with no payment up front. I will send a check tomorrow and when I renew all my other car and condo policies Rosie will get my check for them as well. Thanks so much for your help in my hour of need. Gary

Might this person's name be the same as a country that is located next to Spain??? :stir:

I buy full coverage, since I have a newer vehicle....and have found that the only difference in the premiums (regardless on which agent you buy from) is which Mexican company the policy is written on...and how much coverage you get..... I've compared prices on several "online" places that give you quotes.
Interesting that this guy also did his own "claims adjusting", leading me to believe that he was also self-insuring, and not sending the premiums in to the underwriter. In the case of being billed after six months for an annual policy, the policy number on the renewal notice didn't match my policy number. When I presented the renewal notice to one of his pretty office workers, she immediately ripped up the renewal notice, threw it in the waste basket, smiled at me, and told me that "Everything was OK".

Insurance sales and and insurance claims are handled by separate organizations. Whether in the US or Mexico, one wouldn't call their sales agent if involved in an incident. A claims contact is included in the insurance policy. As a sales person, it is commendable of Rosie to go the extra mile to offer to help her clients through the claims adjustment process, should they have the misfortune of being involved in an incident. Since the insurance that Rosie sells is good anywhere in Mexico, I recommend that Rosie put a mileage limit on her personal assistance offer!

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
Yes, Rosie waited like 2 weeks for me, the bum that I am, to pay her for my trailer insurance. It was insured the whole time while she waited. Peace of mind is a good thing. I used to use the country that is next to Spain. Just didn't feel right towards the end......

Business is business, and it is not good to let "personal softness" interfere with good business policy. When one is in business, extending personal credit is not good business practice, even though not doing so may go against one's personal feelings. I have been a "softee", which has sometimes worked out well, and other times caused me many problems. I feel good about the times that my compassion has worked out well for both me and the other party involved. The times that I have been burnt, it has been by an American.

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
It wasn't personal credit, Jack. I made the check out to the wrong name and had to find another way to pay...Why am I explaining this.........Argh...... It was a joke......

It wasn't personal credit, Jack. I made the check out to the wrong name and had to find another way to pay...Why am I explaining this.........Argh...... It was a joke......
You are "explaining this" because what happened was not what you represented in your post. You implied that Rosie gave you two weeks of insurance on credit, which is misleading and sends out the wrong message that Rosie does business on credit. Why couldn't you immediately have made out another check in the right name? Some people make no sense.

Well, although I run the risk of being thought either too soft or too tough, the reality is that some policies (like homeowner's) can be cancelled if the client doesn't pay for them. Other policies (some auto) cannot be cancelled and we're stuck if they don't pay them. If the client is someone I know, and I know they'll eventually pay, then I usually authorize Paty to go ahead and emit the policy. I have a bit of leeway because I settle up with the underwriter at the end of each month. I can't say I've never been left holding the bag, but it doesn't happen enough to lose sleep over.
Some policies can be paid with a credit card number and others can't. And sometimes people prefer not to give us their credit card numbers, so they mail a check. I've been known to ask someone to deposit into my US account, but that's because we've already lost enough time and I've got to get the policies paid. If someone needs coverage today, we'll go ahead and emit the policy pending payment.

garyd

Business is business, and it is not good to let "personal softness" interfere with good business policy. When one is in business, extending personal credit is not good business practice, even though not doing so may go against one's personal feelings. I have been a "softee", which has sometimes worked out well, and other times caused me many problems. I feel good about the times that my compassion has worked out well for both me and the other party involved. The times that I have been burnt, it has been by an American.
You are too cynical

AZ ROB

That is good to know Rosie as my policy will lapse before I make it down on the 29th we will see you then.:thumbsup:

mis2810

Coincidentally with this post, I was in need of Rosie's services not only once but twice this past weekend and I can't tell you how much relief it was knowing there was someone in RP that I could actually call for help.

We (my hubby, sister and niece and nephew) got in Thursday night around 9:30, dropped stuff off at the condo, went to Super Ley for groceries and came back and started upacking. Hubby was snoozing and so were the kids - my sis and I were the only ones awake. Around 12:45 my cell phone rang and it was my husband's cousin from Mexico City telling me that my MIL had just passed away unexpectedly (in Mexico City).

As you all know the border isn't open until 6 a.m., so we were thinking of driving him to Hermosillo for a flight to Mexico City. I called Rosie around 6:30 in the a.m. and she basically "talked me off the ledge", and I wound up driving hubby back to Phoenix Friday morning at 8:30. He left on a flight Friday evening. I drove back down by myself to RP Saturday morning.

Monday morning as we were getting ready to pack up my niece noticed that my license plate was gone off our SUV!!!! I immediately called Rosie (AGAIN!) who again talked me off the ledge. We got home fine - no problem at the border and we stopped in Ajo to report the stolen plate to the Pima County Sheriff's Office. Got a replacement plate yesterday morning.

But seriously, what would I have done without Rosie? Just the moral support alone is priceless. THAT is why I ALWAYS buy my insurance from Rosie.

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
So sorry to hear that, Melissa.....There will be a next time to meet. We got the bad news that Jerry's uncle went into Hospice while we were gone......

dwig222

We are finally going back down to RP in two weeks. I needed insurance. I contacted Costco, Portugal and Rosy early yesterday morning. I heard back from Rosy immediately telling me she would have her girl give me a quote. Just a couple hours later I got the quote (and I will buy it from her). It's been two days and I haven't heard anything from Costco or Portugal. We have bought insurance from Portugal for many years and I reminded them of that in my email, but I guess they don't care. I would also like to point out that when you go to the Costco website, they tell you that you are really not buying from Costco - it's a third party.

Go with Rosy!!!

We are finally going back down to RP in two weeks. I needed insurance. I contacted Costco, Portugal and Rosy early yesterday morning. I heard back from Rosy immediately telling me she would have her girl give me a quote. Just a couple hours later I got the quote (and I will buy it from her). It's been two days and I haven't heard anything from Costco or Portugal. We have bought insurance from Portugal for many years and I reminded them of that in my email, but I guess they don't care. I would also like to point out that when you go to the Costco website, they tell you that you are really not buying from Costco - it's a third party.

Go with Rosy!!!
Thank you, Dwig222. Consider yourself hugged.

joester

2 salty dawgs
I'll be checking out Rosie's website for rv insurance prior to our Thanksgiving day trip south to PDO and the potluck:) we met Rosie there last year, and I agree that supporting the local businesses is a good thing.

I'll be checking out Rosie's website for rv insurance prior to our Thanksgiving day trip south to PDO and the potluck:) we met Rosie there last year, and I agree that supporting the local businesses is a good thing.
Hi Joester! Thank you for the vote of confidence. If you hit a snag on the website or simply prefer for us to handle it for you, call Paty on our US line: 602.773.1031 and she'll take care of it for you.

I just spoke with my Allstate agent and he said that their policies will cover you 75 miles into Mexico. Which covers Penasco. He also stated that if your Mexican policy only covers "say $20 per/hr of labor", (I don't know the real rate).
And say it's $60 in the USA, Your Allstate policy will cover the difference of what the Mexican policy won't pay on the labor. (as a seconday policy) I have a Mexican policy to keep the problems away if I ever was in a accident.

You are still required by law to have Mexican liability coverage!

Go to Rosie's site...www.proalliance.mx....go and look at the insurance companies she writes policies on and look at their coverage. Yes, they cover you at Mexican rates...but you can buy coverage at higher labor rates....mine has $75/hour...when I had an accident back in 2006, and didn't have the "extra" coverage...I was covered at $49/hour.

Although I have my insurance thru Rosie, I am not pushing her company....just want to make sure there is no disinformation on here!!!

Now...what happens if you take a short roadtrip outsde of Penasco...further down the coast...sa to Santo Tomas or Caborca or El Desemboque....you will be up the creek with your US policy in terms of damage coverage to your vehicle. You know darn well the US company will do everything they can to avoid paying!

I just spoke with my Allstate agent and he said that their policies will cover you 75 miles into Mexico. Which covers Penasco. He also stated that if your Mexican policy only covers "say $20 per/hr of labor", (I don't know the real rate).
And say it's $60 in the USA, Your Allstate policy will cover the difference of what the Mexican policy won't pay on the labor. (as a seconday policy) I have a Mexican policy to keep the problems away if I ever was in a accident.
As Joe points out, your Allstate policy isn't enough because it doesn't meet the requirement for Mexican liability coverage. My sister has been an Allstate claims adjuster for 25+ years and she and her co-workers always buy policies from me for liability.

mr.phx

Al Pastor Locator
Yeah, Buy from ProAlliance. I sat at Manny's with Rosie (and Manny for that matter) a few months ago. I remember Rosie having to take several calls that afternoon to run interference. Always available. Great Service, buy local.

Cheers!