Is it raining in RP?

E

ELPphoto

Any problems with beach erosion? WxUnderground and CEDO weather stations have been showing 30-35mph sustained South winds since midnight...and gusts over 50 mph. Would appreciate seeing more photos/video of the high surf too. I would imagine there's been some splash-over along the Malecon.

Anyone know of any webcams? All the links I've found via google are dead.

Cabo

Spanish Mackerrel
View attachment 802MONSTER waves and wind today. I have some pics I will try to load. The worst storm I've seen here.View attachment 801
Good stuff Roberto:

pic 162 show RP is Churning!!! Wish I was going this weekend.

To those going this weekend it is going to be a treasure trove!!!

Conches, sand dollars and sea ponies. Nothing like it in the world.
Some one might even find some good door size whale bones.

Churn, baby churn.

the eye is tonight.

Jim

Very nasty. Raining hard again right now. Wind blowing the rain sideways. Tore the bar up a bit and blew over a tall palm tree on my carport at home. Missed my wifes car by 2 feet. Lots of cleanup and repair to begin tomorrow. Directv comes and goes. Miserable but kind of cool as it very rarely happens here in Penasco.

dwig222

Let's all say a little prayer tonight for those in RP who do not have adequate shelter to stay dry and especially those who do not have adequate shelter to stay safe. I don't know how many of you are in Phoenix/Tucson, but it's suppose to get really bad tonight here and I'm sure RP will be hit hard too.

I agree with dwig222, we are thinking and praying for those with inadequate shelter... we have been checking on our neighbors they have dirt floors...

The wind is blowing the water right under my front door... Boo is trying to lick it all up... too funny, I wish he knew how to use a mop...

Last edited:

Roberto

Streets are flooded, businesses are closed. I was pushing water with the front of the Titan. It's bad, Ihope the rain stops soon.

What's it like this morning in Penasco....the local weather station (Wunderground) is not reporting? Have the winds died down....much damage???? Any pigeoncoops toppled down?

What's it like this morning in Penasco....the local weather station (Wunderground) is not reporting? Have the winds died down....much damage???? Any pigeoncoops toppled down?
More than 200 people have had to be sheltered in Penasco. Some streets are completely washed out (our street actually sunk!). Lots of coopers have lost windows and sliding glass doors. School is canceled. I have been unable to get a report on the condition of the highway between Sonoyta & Penasco. The rumor is that parts are washed out. Would appreciate any confirmation. You can contact me here or at [email protected]

Roberto

Skies are blue, sun is shining but the winds are still fairly strong and gusting. LOTS of water is the streets.

Heading down - Roads

Hello all,

We are heading down a little later today....anyone have news on road from Sonoyta to PP? We have a big 4x4 Truck, but still want to know if anything washed out that we could not get down...

Thanks

Cabo

Spanish Mackerrel
you have a couple large desert washes from Ajo to Why.
Hwy patrol, usually close this strip, when water starts over flowing.

Nothing closed on the US side, (yet)

I would keep these two phones Handy, Flores Chevron at Ajo and Why.
They say all OK but call before you leave. Detour is through the reservation.
520-387-6691 Ajo
520-387-5422 Why

Cabo

Spanish Mackerrel
Report is in, Road Closed From Why South.

Source: 520-387-7783 " Why Not"

Last edited:
Thanks all, just talked to Border Patrol, as of right now it is back open from Why to Lukeville, but the gal said she lives in Ajo and drove in...messy messy roads, construction and mud....But she said call before coming down as last night they did close and turned everyone back....thanks

Reports are the highway is bad on this side (Mexico). A call has gone out for clothing to be taken to the bomberos for those who have been displaced...lots of children's clothes needed.

Cabo

Spanish Mackerrel
Bomberos!

whenever some one drives down make sure you drop something off at the 'bomberos".

If it usable clothes, fine but do not disregard an old pot and pan, utensils, old electric domestics.....

RP will thank you, pay it forward.

The Fire Station is a logical drop spot.

Cabo

Spanish Mackerrel
Signs are good for a beautiful spring flower season.

The trip to Rocky point will be splendorous through Organ Pipe.
The mexican popies are a sight to see.

I think we should be entering its prime season, first weeks of march.

Cabo

Spanish Mackerrel
Cabo has a great point. These winter rains will make one hell of a year for wildflower blooms in the spring! I love the spring time trips through the desert when everything is blooming - it's beautiful!

it's comforting to know that all that beauty will come from this nasty weather......
It's like magic, and if anyone says there are no miracles nowadays, show them the Sonora desert in bloom. One very special place for me to see it is around the Superstitious mountains. It's a time of renewal, and rebirth.

time for the renewal and the Rebirth, perfect timing, just like Easter.

Enjoy Rocky Point and be safe.

Last edited: