Looking to work in PP any ideas? (serious question)

garyd

Now going back to the thread, garyd what I have found helped me the most becoming self employed was to look at my experience and pick the one activity I enjoy doing the most and since you like it it will be a joy to do it day after day, the best part is that you know how to do it and if it is service oriented even better as repeat business never ends, your good attitude and quality work shows miles away and years of recommendation letters tells me so!!!!
I have been in sales for a long time, along with construction and other things. Maybe I can help people buy things since I know the sales process. Thanks

InkaRoads

cronopiador
I have been in sales for a long time, along with construction and other things. Maybe I can help people buy things since I know the sales process. Thanks
now we are moving, sales and construction, when it comes to sales then you can sale anything!!!! what are you the most familiar with that you can go for and please do not say real estate, there are already way too many in PP, however as PP is a growing town there are a number of needs for the people, the best way to find out is to ask, not only the americans expats but the mexicans, as they will be your main market, do you speak spanish?: YES, great nothing to worry, NO better get learning, it will open doors to many places you can't even start to imagine, like your imagination now you can think in both english and spanish which means your are a"head"
To me sales is always easy as it is a matter of finding the needs of others and voila!!!!

Construction will be a different monster as you will have to be familiar with the international construction codes, very close to USA code, or at least Mexican construction code and how to deal with bricks and cement, as you can see lots of construction going on down there, how about selling materials or specialized material for construction or items hared to find even equipment.

I know someone that made money selling lumber to Mexico from USA, probably you too!!!!

It does help if you give us a little more background in you expertise that way we could focus more in something up your alley, I found out that just a general view of things get way to complicated without narrowing the search and chances are you might start something you really don't have to much knowledge or interest just because it sounded good in a forum thread by that I am not saying that great ideas will not come of this thread!!!!

Is this better BootNHat???

jerry

If you could figure the details out making cool outdoor shower areas with bamboo, tropical hardwood bench and colored concrete with "found objects" from the sea cast in the concrete then wet grinded would be a possible upgrade people might pay for

jerry

Maybe a bike shop with low end beach cruisers, rents bikes,bike parking area,drive in bike movie theater that showed classic 60s Mexican horror movies.... If there ever was a town made for Electric assist mountain bikes it is small,flat,broke ass Rocky Point

Last edited:

Roberto

Ok, here's an idea that should work. Solar hot water heaters. You would need to make some prototypes. Simple design with no pumps or power required. I saw a huge pile of old hot water heaters in Ajo some time back that make perfect units. Cut the metal skin on 1/2 -1/3 of the tank top to bottom and remove the insulation. Paint the innards flat black. Maybe screw on some flexible plastic over the cut opening to help keep the heat in. Each install will have some unique aspects to maimize exposure to the sun, positioning the tank, etc. All the critical info is on the net for passive solar. While you might not have a lot of hot water itn the AM you will by evening and it will all be free.

Alternate and related in floor hot water heat. Using similar set up as domestic hot water to heat water, embed tubing in a concrete floor, tubing in before the pour. Use thermosyphon not a pump. Floor is the heat sink to warm at night.

Bob Oso

So now after eight pages we finally get a little insight of what you can bring to the table to achieve this endeavor of financial stability while living in Mexico. Sales, construction, and some other things, and of course enthusiasm. C'mon, there's got to be more than that. But to keep in the spirit of this thread, I will give you my Pie-in-the-sky idea.

As I stay in Cholla, this idea is based for that area. The thing I notice most about Cholla is sand. Sand in your car, sand in your house, sand in your swim trunks. But sand in your potable water is the most annoying. Being Cholla must have a building code that states, " All water supply and service lines must also have a dual purpose of hanging laundry from", it seems to me developing an inline filter would be a popular idea, easy to install, not to mention inexpensive. It would consist of 4" diameter ABS pipe, inserted with a 60-80 PPI reticulated polyurethane based foam, capped and a check valve to dispense the sand. If I had to guess, a complete unit would cost $40.00 to $60.00 to manufacture. There ya go, run with it. Feel free to call Pie-In-the-sky inline filter Co. if you'd like.

Landshark

Home window cleaning business. Between the wind, salt, sea breeze, & dirt they are always dirty, sometimes to the point where you can barely see out. Employees wouldn't be tough to find as many are experienced "window washers." Most likely be a cash on the barrel type business as well. Good quality, communication, promptness, & fair prices would build a client base rather quickly that would call for service on a regular basis.

Last edited:
I have often thought of the window washing as a needed business..especially for the upper floor condos...most look horrible and i sure wouldnt like if renter.

apricot

I love the idea of a window cleaning business. Easy to start, low overhead, probably get lots of repeat business. I don't know about the condos though. Most are in the rental pools which have their own cleaning people. We do not rent ours, but do like to have clean windows. We always contact our HOA mgr before coming down and he arranges to get the unit cleaned, including the windows. I see a window cleaning business more for houses.

Perhaps owners windows are cleaned better than rental ones as we just commented on windows in our own resort as well as at sonorans that had such a bad build up on them and it appeared there was people in them. The puerto privada has a balcony railing cleaning/polishingprogram that maybe would work the same with window cleaning...a monthly "window maintenance" fee...or every other month in less humid months.

apricot

We're at the Sky. We did rent our unit out for the first few years. Every time our unit was rented, when the maids cleaned the unit, they also cleaned the windows. Maybe that's not the case at all the resorts though.