Man Die's Clam Diving

playaperro

El Pirata
A man between 40 and 45 years of age died of asphyxia by drowning when he was taking clam diving, 4 kilometers west of the beach La Choya.
It's who in life by the name of Alfredo Bueno Sánchez, from the state of Sinaloa, it ceased to exist around 12:50 hours on 8 this month, when he was being transferred to the clinic San Jose, Puerto Peñasco.
The events took place when the victim was taking clam diving company the name Jorge García Estrada (rider), 29-year-old Omar Garcia Estrada Abraham and another person named Faust, aboard the boat called Hernán 2.
At three miles west of the beach known as La Choya The now deceased was submerged for about an hour and a half, noting the name his partner Jorge was not breathing signs that chose to upload using a rope that the deceased was tied to his body, but this did not come with the rope , leaving a few feet from the boat.
The victim was taken immediately to this city, being staffed by Red Cross, who took him to the clinic in San Jose where he lifeless.
attested to the facts on Agent Common Law Public Prosecutor, who ordered the lifting and transporting the body to conduct the proceedings of law.

AZ ROB

Joe I have seen what they call a Hookah it is a sad set up indeed. basically a Harbor Freight compressor (you would use for construction) some long air line and a dive belt. When you ask hos long the stay down some will say 6 hrs at 50' they have no instruction or dive tables that they follow they surface just long enough for a drink and some lunch and then go back down. I am AMAZED there aren't more accidents reported.

Joe I have seen what they call a Hookah it is a sad set up indeed. basically a Harbor Freight compressor (you would use for construction) some long air line and a dive belt. When you ask hos long the stay down some will say 6 hrs at 50' they have no instruction or dive tables that they follow they surface just long enough for a drink and some lunch and then go back down. I am AMAZED there aren't more accidents reported.
Besides the normal problems...they probably have carbon monoxide poisoning from inhaling the fumes from the gas motor....

When you talk to some of thes guys they know that they are doing bad but they think it is just a joke. They are proud of how long they stay down and how deep they go. I question if it is lack of knowledge or something else!
I feel so sorry for those who dive for a living and either get the bends and survive or dye. My sympathy to all of the divers who just try to make a living and give their lives.

azfish

That is crazy, why wouldn't someone let these guys know this is wrong and will kill you? I double check myself every dive and would never ever conceder doing something like this.
So sad.

playaperro

El Pirata
Tell you what my little fish amigo, They don't listen and think they can go down without decompression, well i'm sad to report that another diver also died this week,
that make two that i am aware of. If you want to the story posted i will can do that for you.

Playa

azfish

Why would the harbor master not have a safety course for these guys?

Even if he gets someone who is a certified diver, they can donate their time and at least tell these guys whats wrong with their technique and they will die sooner then later.

If you can save 1 life its worth it. I dont get it now 2 dead?
Real sad.

azfish

They should charge the captain of those boats with murder. Unless it was the captain of the boat that was diving?

That would be a tough crime to charge, unless it was a child the person was forcing to go under. These guys sound like they know the risks, it's not like a tourist having para-sailing accident caused by faulty equipment or something.

playaperro

El Pirata
reprint

ANOTHER DEATH DIVER DECOMPRESSION
July 7, 2011

For, Silvano War Galicia
Puerto Penasco, SON.

Once again seafarers pay tribute to the waters, this time was a young diver 22 years of age, according to the official report, dies of decompression, this clam to be taking Catarina, in the banks that are in the northwest this port, the death took place on Friday July 15, the report was received at 13:30 hours.
According to the report by some municipal preventive agents, at approximately 13:30 accoutrements that were received in the fall pangas, Bahia La Choya, requesting the presence of an ambulance to transport a fisherman who had been unconscious aboard the panga called Pinacate dunes, whose enrollment is 26012540-6, reaching the pangas down in the ambulance Red Cross 698 number led by Neftali Ruiz paramedic, who immediately made ​​an assessment of the patient, minutes after a diver reported that the boy had no vital signs of what was reported to Mr. Mario Alberto Diaz Alcantar, head of the ministerial agency based in this city, an official at the scene accompanied by the Secretary of licensed agreements Rene Ortega, Mauricio Lopez and the expert, who testified to the facts and took the preliminary data.
Jose de Jesus Lopez, head of the panga reported that diver named Saul Martinez Edgar Reyes, 22 years old, was born in Hermosillo, where he had recently arrived, and his address in this city was in Ignacio Comonfort and Henriette de Tena, in the colony East, that day had come to 5 in the morning, heading northwest for clams Catarina, mollusk is removed a callus, which is highly priced in the international market, mainly in the U.S., this mollusk has already been overexploited in much of the Gulf California, lowering its production dramatically over the banks that were discovered in Baja California Sur, recently, the use of this product in our port was increasing, to the extent that companies from other parts of the state have come to this port for the extraction and marketing of shellfish appreciated.
So we learned unofficially that some maritime workers, noting that work is scarce in other areas, are "hooked" on the many light vessels engaged in the extraction of the mollusk they do this without having taken any action to warn them of the danger they are exposed to various coals dive deep, too, so we were told unofficially that the deceased had fallen about 13 coals (approximately 20 meters) and did a continuous and sustained, this without taking proper precautions, even though his teammates were warned, and he replied that nothing happened, "I feel good, and I'm still not tired" after several dives, some of extended them, said he was a little dizzy and then lost consciousness, so immediately put forward to this port, entering Bahia La Choya, the results described above.

Ooooh wait, he was 22, from Hermosillo and desperate for a job. "...they do this without having taken any action to warn them of the danger they are exposed to various coals dive deep, too, so we were told unofficially..." So sad.

A couple of weeks ago, the mexican navy conducted some sort of classes for the panga divers, I hope it helps them understand the dive tables and the dangers that go with it