Mickey's Best in RP?

D

domromer

I can't believe there isn't a thread on Mickeys. The food is delicious. The service is ok, but often times mickey himself will come to your table and ply you with his own delicious tequila. I highly recommend going there next time your in RP.

D

domromer

Meaning the restaurant is closed, or Mickey has passed away?

D

domromer

That's sad. He was always our first stop when we'd pull into RP.

I've never met Mikey, but I met his son the other day at the CTC, and really enjoyed our conversation... Mikey must have been a fine man by what I observed from his son...

but for the likes of me I can't remember his name..... ARRRGGGGGGGG!!!! :eek3:

Jim

Mickey really was a great guy. His son Arturo is also a great guy. They have always had good food and service. They aren't open all the time these days so you just have to go by and check. Oh, good tequila too.

I met Mickey about a month or two before his death. Vicente Fernandez was in town to give a free concert in the Malecon to celebrate the Border Governors Conference. I gave away my VIP pass to watch the show with Mickey and his family from the upstairs terrace at his place. He was too ill by then to join us, so we were enjoying the show when all of a sudden...here he came out with his oxygen and his walker to be with us. Tequila for everyone. A gracious and wonderful man. May he rest in peace...

P

Penasco Pirate

Amen, brother. I never got to meet him but heard many wonderful stories!

Micky was generous and a great guy. My husband and I knew him when he had a large store in Nogales, Sonora from 1982 to about 2000. The store 's name was Micky's, he was always behind the counter giving away a free shot of tequiela and conversation.

Mickey's is not open at all at this time, Mrs Mickey has been ill and has been in the hospital in the states, I keep up with the latest thru Juan our waiter who worked for Mickey for many years, so if you want an update, stop in at The Thirsty Parrot and talk to Juan.

InkaRoads

cronopiador
As far as I know, it is closed, drive way every time I am down and so far it has been closed every time, now do not get confused with the new "Mickey's Place" restaurant in fremont by famous Penasco chef Mikey, I believe there is no relation other than the name!! you will find some report of his restaurant in the restaurant reviews category in this forum!! Sorry no free tequila in this one!! :eek3:

Last edited: