Mordita 101

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
Rosie,
It's not even legal to smoke in your car at the Walgreens pharmacy drive up. I just got scolded by the pharmacist! Go figure....

HAPPY

User is currently banned
Huh ?

What the hell is your problem with me? I didn't get him banned, that's between him and Stuart. I can take care of myself. I'll tell you this, I'm getting real sick and tired of being blamed for other people's stinkin' problems. I didn't do a damn thing to him. If he had asked me the question in his own name, I would've answered it the same. I got the onda alright, but the idiot asked me a direct question. You guys act like he's banned for life. If he were still here it wouldn't bother me at all. I've handled him before and can handle him again.
Oh, and by the way, Happy...I haven't laughed at all about him being banned. I don't need him banned, and in fact was doing okay when he disappeared.

Now who wants to be next, while I'm in the mood?
Oh, and by the way, Rosy... in my post, I NEVER said that you laughed @ him about being banned, ~ ~ ~ & I know that you don't, didn't, need him banned, I know how it came about, no need for me to elaborate here, ~ ~ ~ in fact I NEVER said the name Rosy, ~ ~ ~ or used the words Rosy & laughed together in that post, ~ ~ ~ when I did use the word laugh I was referring ~~~ ONLY ~~~ to MY past experiences of being banned, & some of the feedback that got back to me while I was in the ~ ~ ~ HOLE ~ ~ ~ I do hope you are enjoying your beer, & are resting, ~ ~ ~

Was what medical, Playa?

No Rosie, I am not kidding......
When nearing the border I never smoke in the car, just in case the agent wants to stick his head in the window, I don't want to offend him...but in a drive-thru window situation, you've got a couple of feet of distance, don't you?

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
Yeah, and there's just that stupid box that comes out to get your scripts and stuff. Little by little they are taking away our rights.....

One problem I have is where does the reduced speed limit end? You come to the 20 sign and there is no end sign. One side of the road is a 20 and the other side is a 45? I just go slow until I think it has ended but who knows? In 30 plus years I have only been stoped once and I was going to fast.

The mordida was not brought on by the ugly american. It is an unfortunate way of life in Mexico. I was taught by Mexicans, not Americans but I do say to bring me to the station. It is the bad cops, which outnumber the good, that keep it going. Sorry if people don't like it , but the facts speak for themselves.
You are absolutely correct. Ask any Mexican. None of them have any respect for the police, although they do respect the military. The police are not paid a living wage, and are expected to make up the difference by preying on their own people "mordita". This cultural fact has spilled over on the foreign tourist, who feels vulnerable in a foreign country, and easily succombs to supporting and reinforcing corruption. DON'T PAY MORDITA! Doing so only reinforces and sustains corruption, and makes it worse for the rest of us.

the main problem is that most people believe that the US is not corrupted when in fact it is very much so, at many levels of government and businesses, what I find ridiculous are those people who think highly of themselves and then turn around and show how much twisted they are by being part of the corruption!! and I am not necesarily talking about donjames!
There wouldn't be so much illegal drug traffic if it weren't for the corruption on both sides of the border.

I once was stopped for speeding in San Carlos. The Officer would not take the "M" and insisted I pay the Commisario. Well, 2 days later and 5 trips to the office I finally was able to pay. And, all of that time I was without my Drivers License.

Another time, coming south, 1/2 way to Guaymas from Hermosillo, I was stopped for speeding. The officer said "in order to pay the fine I must return to Hermosillo to pay the fine". I figured that would kill the day and I begged the officer to take my money on the spot.

Could something please be done to surmount the Mexican Bureaucracy? Then, perhaps, one can follow the letter of the law in a timely manor. Until then a person will be tied up with waiting until hell freezes over, just to pay a fine.

You folks who would get mixed up in the Bureaucracy must have all the time in the world to waste.

If I spend 5 hours to pay a 200P fine to save 100p then my time was spent @ 20p per hour...My time is more valueable than that.

Perhaps I am a scoff-law, But I am a happy scoff-law with time to enjoy myself; I choose to not spending hours and hours dealing with the Authorities over a $20 fine.

A person is not required to take my advice. A prudent person will naturally do what they feel is best in each situation. But, I believe that informed folks can make better choices.

Rosie, I respectfully disagree with you, we can not blame all of Mexicos woes on the "American". I bet you make a pretty penny off of them, NO?
Can't argue with your logistics. If you are cited for a traffic infraction by the federales (PFP) on Highway 8, between Sonoyta and Puerto Penasco, you will have to make a trip to San Luis Rio Colorado in order to recover your driver's license. The PFP officers are very professional and will not stop you without sufficient cause. There are many idiots driving on the highways, both local and tourists. The bottom line is to obey the law, and you will not have to deal with complicated problems.

ROSY, I am nuetral in your little scrap with Kelly but need to ask a question. When you mentioned the band needing fm-3s to work in Mexico was that just free legal advice or a veiled threat , meaning if you dont want to pay me the money I am asking Mexican Immigration could be notified and the show could be stopped anyway? Is this another lesson in Mordida 101 from a lady that asks people not to pay the police?
Disagree with, or challenge what Rosy posts, and you risk being threatened with her filing a "denunciation" with Migration. She has threatened at least one person in the past with doing this.

~ ~ ~ Does ~ ~ ~ "Banned Camp" ~ ~ ~ have RV hookups, ? is there a fishing lake, ?
is "it" in the high country, ? what is the "elevation" ?, ~ ~ ~ is that the "camp" that jeeper goes to ? ~ ~ ~
What are "unnecessary comments" ??? Is that reason to get banned?

He was warned about the dual identities. He was banned for the following tirade.

I do, in fact, know that some users have dual identities and that, in and of itself, is not an bannable offense. For example, there are husbands and wives that post here, both use the same computer and each has their own screen name. I have no problem with that whatsoever. However, when a new screen name pops up out of nowhere with the sole purpose of drama or conflict, you're going to Banned Camp for it. Claim it was the dog using your computer, I really don't care.

If it's that important to say, step up and say it under the name people know you as. Otherwise, let it go.

And no, the ban is NOT being lifted until time served. I'm a big boy; I can take the personal insults and threats. But make a total ass out of yourself when you've been caught red-handed? Too bad, so sad -- I'm not putting up with any nonsense.

Nothing else to see here, move along.
If it weren't for "drama or conflict" on this site, there would be no interest and no posts. Instead of being biased in favor of certain offenders, the moderator(s) should function to keep the playing field level (unless they are receiving mordita!).

Kenny

Disagree with, or challenge what Rosy posts, and you risk being threatened with her filing a "denunciation" with Migration. She has threatened at least one person in the past with doing this.
Well well old smiley is back and as usual, and like from the begging, more like a sneer than a smile. Actually the image I have of you is very much the same one I had of Cactus, and trust me, it's a ugly picture. You sure aren't much Bud, because if you were a stand up guy you wouldn't post accusations like that hiding behind a screen name that doesn't fit your nasty personality.

Ken Clever
Prescott AZ
My edit reads much better, don't ya think. LOL

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.