Moving to RP August 1st.

Nomadgirl

Greetings,
My family and I are moving to RP August 1st. We will be renting in Sandy Beach for 6 months while we look around. We have a 10 y/o son that we homeschool. Hoping to connect with other expats with kids. Are there many kids/families in area? Thanks in advance!

Miakko

Well Known Member
There are expat families with kids....we have 2 boys one 8.5 and another 9.5 - both go to school here at CIMA.

Nomadgirl

Great to hear. Do most families love out in town or the resort condos? We will be in the condos for 6 months then, decide what to do after that.

Is CIMA the school?

Miakko

Well Known Member
I think you'll find families everywhere....we have lived on Sandy Beach and now live in town. We have a dog and our boys like to ride their bikes, etc. so a house with a yard makes more sense for us. We originally rented on Sandy Beach when we first came here so that we could decide where we wanted to be and it worked out great for us so expect what you're doing will be fine. CIMA is one of the local private schools. Where are you moving here from?

Hooch

Well Known Member
Greetings,
My family and I are moving to RP August 1st. We will be renting in Sandy Beach for 6 months while we look around. We have a 10 y/o son that we homeschool. Hoping to connect with other expats with kids. Are there many kids/families in area? Thanks in advance!
I'll give you two weeks before your kids want to move back to America.

sheep3mom

Well Known Member
Can't imagine kids wanting to move back once they get settled! What's not to like? I would have done anything to move to the beach when I was a kid - not much beach in Oklahoma!!

Hooch

Well Known Member
Instead of life at the beach everyday? I dunno, Hooch. Pretty sweet deal for a 10 year old!
Here's mine she's 11 "daddy this place sucks, smells like rotting clams and the mexicans pee and poop in the middle of our street." That's when I know it time to head back to the zone. Little does she know it's me doing the dueces.

jerry

Well Known Member
When the bubble hit hard a wife with the two little blond headed Viking boys ended up living in Santo Tomas while the husband worked on oil platforms in the gulf.After two years they spoke fluent spanish,were way better fishermen that any of of the geezer patrol down here,they rode around in the back of the trailer with the guards picking up the garbage,cleaned fish,trimmed olive trees.....I would have given anything to be them at that age. Great swimmers now too

mis2810

Well Known Member
Here's mine she's 11 "daddy this place sucks, smells like rotting clams and the mexicans pee and poop in the middle of our street." That's when I know it time to head back to the zone. Little does she know it's me doing the dueces.
If you and your bratty kid hate Mexico and Mexicans so much then why do you go there and why are you even on this board?

Nomadgirl

We have been in WV for 3 years. We were in Virginia beach for 12 years. We looked at some places in town but felt Sandy Beach would work well until we get the lay of the land.

Glad to hear kids being able to ride their bikes, makes safety even better.

Do most kids go to the private school? Are there some homeschooled kids?

Miakko

Well Known Member
We have been in WV for 3 years. We were in Virginia beach for 12 years. We look at some places in town but felt sandy beach would work well until we get the lay of the land.
I think you'll love the Sandy Beach area to start especially in August when there is so much activity on/in the beach area.

A

AZ Miguel

If you and your bratty kid hate Mexico and Mexicans so much then why do you go there and why are you even on this board?
Wow! WTF is with slamming someones kids with name calling? This is a whole new level from the "Mexico is better than America" group.

Nomadgirl

I am originally from South Texas and my husband is from New York. We haven't really found a place to settle yet. RP sounds great. We really want to make sure our son gets plenty of socialization other then mom and dad.

brokenwave

Well Known Member
Good move for you, just be prepared for the oppressive heat, high humidity and bath water ocean temps. in Aug. and September.
By October you will really appreciate being there.
I wish I had parents who could have did that for me when I was a kid. Wish more kid's had the experiences of the Santo Tomas kids in Jerry's post.

Nomadgirl

We are hoping it will be a good experience. I think the heat is something we will get used to eventually, or at least I hope. We just want to make sure we are making the right move. It is sounding better knowing there are plenty of kids around.

El Gato

Well Known Member
We have been in WV for 3 years. We were in Virginia beach for 12 years. We looked at some places in town but felt Sandy Beach would work well until we get the lay of the land.

Glad to hear kids being able to ride their bikes, makes safety even better.

Do most kids go to the private school? Are there some homeschooled kids?
Do you still own your WV place?

Hooch

Well Known Member

Because I like exploiting the country and it's people ofcourse.

Last edited by a moderator:

playaperro

El Pirata
No~Mad~Girl You could always put your kid to work here in Penasco, mine left town maybe worked them to hard window washing, selling gum and washing cars, I guess they call it home schooled.