Need help asap!!!!!

Yes there is something we all need... a prayer for Roman... he had a relapse early this morning at about 1:00am and Rosie took him to the new hospital... I went to tell them that we were there for him... I came home and we just got a message from Rosie that our friend Roman had passed away...
Ooh, so sorry to hear this. Our thoughts and prayers are with you all.

Thank You Stuart... just so happens that Rosie (waitress at Balboas) and I spent the morning taking Roman who also works at Balboas to the San Jose Clinic... Roman hasn't much more than the shirt on his back, a one room house and a few friends... Roman for a lack of better words is mentally challenged, but he always has time to make children happy and he offers a smile to everyone he meets...

Rosie called us at about 8:00 am saying Roman was very sick and asked if we could help because neither of them had cash to pay for him to see a doctor... turns out he was severely dehydrated and his blood sugar level was at 450... we got him to the clinic and they put him on IV's to rehydrate him and also gave him something possibly insulin (don't know,I'm not a doctor) to bring his blood sugar level down to normal... (it was the best $190.00 I ever spent)

There are so many other good people here on this forum that have helped us to help others and they have also shared stories like this, to name a few (please correct me if I'm wrong) Roberto has often helped the Two Fish Ministries lunch kitchen and gathering clothing for the needy, I remember reading dmcauley bringing down and passing out an enormous amount of turkeys at Christmas, there are many more, and I take my hat off to all of you and I wish that you would share more of these wonderful stories of helping someone just because you can....

On another note... my good friend Blanca Soto just stopped by this evening for dinner, Blanca is the Director of "La Esperanza Para Nueva Vida" Community Center and we were discussing ideas of putting together a facebook page to bring more awareness to the center and all that they do for the community... we also discussed organizing some sort of event to raise money for the community center... if any one would like to help with donations to the center please contact Harold Tuttle a.k.a. trade on this forum... Harold can tell you more of how and where to send your cash donations... or you can contact me and we can meet at the center with material donations such as food or clothing, and frankly just about anything can be put to good use...

Thank You All... :thumbsup:
Now I loved this story, and I would love to hear any and all stories that people want to tell about helping and contributing to the community. Maybe that could be a new thread and Seadwellers story be the first story in the thread. It would be quite refreshing to read stories like that and then maybe others will cough up their good stories to inspire the what is the number of readers on this forum? We can create a better world and community with these stories. My first story of helping in Puerto Penasco is small, no doubt, but on our second visit a month ago, my husband and I met at Mary's on the Malecon one of the volunteers that goes to Colonia Invasion to feed families. We talked a lot about it in our five trips to Mary's in one week and were able to contribute to the work there. I, for one, would love to hear all the "feed people" stories. My husband and I are involved in Chihuahua in women's artisans cooperatives and hunger projects. We are sooooo looking forward to sailing in Puerto Penasco. But we won't be able to resist the service projects there.

InkaRoads

cronopiador
Barb and Mark I am so sorry to hear about Roman, eventhough I ddid not know him I know he did a lot for others to, specially kids.

I was deeply touched by your story about Roman and wish that I had known him. I too am glad that you were there for him on his last day. Lighting one candle at a time is What It Is All About!