Need help asap!!!!!

Is mordida another form of theft?

Contact Fausto Soto at [email protected] or cell 011-52-1-638-384- 0455 to hopefully recover the 1000.00. I'd do it fast before the money is divided up and spent on food and clothing for their kids!
If you were given Fausto's cell number, it was surely in confidence. Posting it here is way out of line and I would request that Stuart remove it. I post only my own numbers and think it's outrageous that you would abuse the confidence someone has placed in you. Just what Fausto needs...everybody in the world having his personal cell number. Geez...

your welcome. correct i am new to forum but not PP. it is my place of residence and will be for years to come. :)

Fausta Soto is a great asset to the community.
Fausto is indeed an asset to the community, but I still think his personal cell number should not have been posted without his permission. This is just wrong.

it's getting tiring of hearing only about thefts, corruption, dishonesty and big distrust of mexican folks in penasco. please post some good reports of positive experiences with locals.......acts of kindness with no financial motive? a loan that was repaid? a family unit with happy kids and both a mom and dad? kids in school with a desire for some post-secondary training?......anything?
This coming from you? This isn't even funny...in fact, as Stuart posted already, there are acts of kindness all over town. You only posted this to make it seem as though good news is hard to come by. You are, indeed, a troll.

Rosie,

thanks so much for the info. I obviously did not know any of the details you posted. I feel a little dumb about the $1,000.00 now, knowing it was used to pay for a fine and get her "friend" out of custody rather than a shakedown. My guess is she is embarrassed and didn't want to tell me the whole truth about what happened. I will not discuss this with her however, she can deal with it herself, i won't discuss the facts you've listed above. Also, thanks so much for helping. You were the first person i thought of when she told me what happened (at least the version she told me) - I think your organization is great and if there is a way to make a contribution, i would be glad to make a one i think your service is invaluable to tourists.

I agree with you that the resolution is a fair one - especially considering the actions of her friend - live and learn i guess. I also feel better that the police where not trying to shake her down and this restores some faith in the process.

I also told her to call Fausto and appreciate any help he has given as well.
Thanks, Geoff. She'll be okay, I promise. She faxed me the ownership docs on the car and we're meeting up at 7am (my husband laughed when I told him he has to wake me at 5am!) Fausto is in communication with me as well and promised to be available if we need him (we won't).

As for your kind comments on the Visitor Assistance office, thank you. One thing we always seem to run low on is small bottles of water. Our volunteers and visitors go through those like...well, like water. As we're always operating on a shoestring, donations are encouraged. We have autographed books for sale that make great summer reading (SCOTTSDALE BLUES) and author Kerry Rose generously donates part of the proceeds. It's the first novel in a series. The next one is going to be PENASCO BLUES, a murder mystery that's really quite good!

Please come by and see me next time you're in town (and if you can, buy your Mexico auto insurance from www.proalliance.com.mx)

Ha I'm defending Joe! ?The Real estate professional?(professional witch) says: Does the police stop you from going into Cholla?....sort of like saying ? trailer trash how dare you question your rulers"

"
OMG....I missed this one.....the planets must have aligned.....Jerry must have sold his other house in Santo Tomas......his team in in the World Cup Finals......or something!!! :rofl::stir:

Make friends with Seadweller. Mark (along with others) does awesome charity work for the less fortunate in Penasco.
Thank You Stuart... just so happens that Rosie (waitress at Balboas) and I spent the morning taking Roman who also works at Balboas to the San Jose Clinic... Roman hasn't much more than the shirt on his back, a one room house and a few friends... Roman for a lack of better words is mentally challenged, but he always has time to make children happy and he offers a smile to everyone he meets...

Rosie called us at about 8:00 am saying Roman was very sick and asked if we could help because neither of them had cash to pay for him to see a doctor... turns out he was severely dehydrated and his blood sugar level was at 450... we got him to the clinic and they put him on IV's to rehydrate him and also gave him something possibly insulin (don't know,I'm not a doctor) to bring his blood sugar level down to normal... (it was the best $190.00 I ever spent)

There are so many other good people here on this forum that have helped us to help others and they have also shared stories like this, to name a few (please correct me if I'm wrong) Roberto has often helped the Two Fish Ministries lunch kitchen and gathering clothing for the needy, I remember reading dmcauley bringing down and passing out an enormous amount of turkeys at Christmas, there are many more, and I take my hat off to all of you and I wish that you would share more of these wonderful stories of helping someone just because you can....

On another note... my good friend Blanca Soto just stopped by this evening for dinner, Blanca is the Director of "La Esperanza Para Nueva Vida" Community Center and we were discussing ideas of putting together a facebook page to bring more awareness to the center and all that they do for the community... we also discussed organizing some sort of event to raise money for the community center... if any one would like to help with donations to the center please contact Harold Tuttle a.k.a. trade on this forum... Harold can tell you more of how and where to send your cash donations... or you can contact me and we can meet at the center with material donations such as food or clothing, and frankly just about anything can be put to good use...

Thank You All... :thumbsup:

One thing we always seem to run low on is small bottles of water. Our volunteers and visitors go through those like...well, like water.
Rosie I wish I would have known about this sooner... we had about 29,000 bottles of drinking water that Harold had picked up... don't know if all have been used up, but I will check into it and get back to you...

HAROLD???

Rosie I wish I would have known about this sooner... we had about 29,000 bottles of drinking water that Harold had picked up... don't know if all have been used up, but I will check into it and get back to you...

HAROLD???
That's a lot of water, and we could sure use some if it's available. You know, I never really mention what we need because there are so many charities (like yours) that are more directly involved in helping those who truly have nothing. Our efforts are geared more towards helping promote tourism or lending a hand once they're here. Nevertheless, we do wind up needing things to keep going, and water is one thing that we need a lot of.

Quick story: We sometimes get water bottles donated by local businesses. Today I saw a couple of little kids running around the office and I noticed that it looked kinda funny that they were drinking from bottles that were labeled Blue Zebra!

Let me know if you guys still have a couple of those bottles...

I'll talk to Harold in the morning to see if there are still any left... and I will also remember you for the next time we get another wharehouse full of bottled water... and Thanks for all you do...

I'll talk to Harold in the morning to see if there are still any left... and I will also remember you for the next time we get another wharehouse full of bottled water... and Thanks for all you do...
You too. I have some money for Adopt-a-Classroom. I think it's a couple of months now. Anyway, I'm keeping track of the exact amount. I'm leaving for Phx in the morning, but lets plan to meet up next week, okay?

Blue Zebra...........I believe that is a "gentleman's club", correct?? Now that's funny!! When I first read this post, Stuart beat me to suggesting Rosie as the person to turn to. I ran into a guy last week who had a problem, and the first thing I said was "go see Rosie"!! You're the greatest, and one funny lady I might add!! I'm glad everything worked out okay. Live and learn, indeed!! Mark, would something like an arts and crafts sale just before the holiday's work as a fundraiser?? I have an idea, but will start another thread on it. And, BTW, we always seem to leave Barb out (Mark knows how much we love him!!).............Barb, you're a great friend and you're priceless!!!!!!

You too. I have some money for Adopt-a-Classroom. I think it's a couple of months now. Anyway, I'm keeping track of the exact amount. I'm leaving for Phx in the morning, but lets plan to meet up next week, okay?
Thank you so much Rosie... just give me a yell when you get back to Rocky Point and we can stop by.. Thank you so much once again...

trade

HAROLD???
Hi Mark, sorry it took so long, I sign on then get busy and run out of day! We are loading the truck for another run on Friday it's mostley stuff for VBS (wk of 19th) a pool for Boo & Harley:lol: and food. We are almost out of water but I will load as much as I can. Thanks for helping w/ Roman how is he doing? He was often the only adult the children in his area could count on for help when their parents were "away". Let us know if there is anything else you or anyone needs. See you Saturday. PS Thanks for the plug, we need rice beans & tuna also any canned food or vegetables.

Last edited:

Mentiras y Traición

Sonoran Goddess
"And, BTW, we always seem to leave Barb out (Mark knows how much we love him!!).............Barb, you're a great friend and you're priceless!!!!!!"

We always mean both of them! Maybe we need a combined name like Marb or Bark or MaBarker or ArbMa!:D

Thanks for helping w/ Roman how is he doing? He was often the only adult the children in his area could count on for help when their parents were "away". Let us know if there is anything else you or anyone needs.
Yes there is something we all need... a prayer for Roman... he had a relapse early this morning at about 1:00am and Rosie took him to the new hospital... I went to tell them that we were there for him... I came home and we just got a message from Rosie that our friend Roman had passed away...