New Forum Issues

Just a general comment.....

Tyler, most of us appreciate that this Forum has been provided by you....

However, the upgrade has been frustrating for some of us....and I am pretty computer literate....it almost sounds like different people are having different problems. I frequently wonder about software "upgrades"....are they really worth the aggravation they cause with the minor "improvements" they provide????:stir:

Edit: Well....I guess the Pot Stirrer Smiley doesn't want to appear....

Kenny

My login was hit and miss most of the evening, and at one time or another I've had every one of the experiences described on this thread, including Wahoo's. I knew it wasn't just me because Roberto and Joe emailed describing their problems.
I could tell by the changes going on that Tyler was still working on it so I wasn't to concerned, and it seems to be OK now.

I would suggest this program to most everyone. Chari, it will do what Joe suggested, and a lot more. I highly recommend it......http://www.iobit.com/advancedwindowscareper.html

Last edited:

JimMcG

I still use the same old shortcut icon on my desktop and seem to be lucky enough to have no problem so far.

Note to Tyler: We appreciate your work on the site.

Thanks.

tyler

I like pie.
Staff member
Joe -

Yes, we paid $200 for the upgrade, plus put a lot of time into upgrading it..

It solves a lot of problems we had with the forum... so yes, it's worth it.

I still use the same old shortcut icon on my desktop and seem to be lucky enough to have no problem so far.

Thanks.
Ditto on the bolded/underlined.....

The frustration was that there was no way to relay the problems we were having UNTIL we were able to log in....

InkaRoads

cronopiador
well, seems like it is working good now, I tried to log for the past couple of days which I was capable of doing but nothing else, now seems it is OK, if the new update is able to stop spammers as the last edition did then all is good!! and for that we have to thank the software writers and Tyler for being in top of it!! :cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers:

Thanks.
Same here Jim I'm just going from the same shortcut and haven't had any problems at all...

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
Ditto on the bolded/underlined.....

The frustration was that there was no way to relay the problems we were having UNTIL we were able to log in....
Y'all can email me anytime you have a forum problem and can't get in. I have an email address specifically for the forum - [email protected]
I don't monitor it 24/7, but I do check it regularly. Might want to add it to your contact list.

tyler

I like pie.
Staff member
I'm going to change something in a second, but it will make everyone re-login again, so sorry ahead of time.

Seems to be stable the last day or so....if I log on, with "remember me"...it does...

We may have lost a couple of the smileys....I can't give you specifics right now, but there was at least one I was looking to use, and couldn't find it....no biggee, though.

tyler

I like pie.
Staff member
FYI -- If you need to contact us for whatever reason, there's a link at the bottom of the forum 'Contact Us'