Playa Inn

Just wondering what the new name is? It used to be called Playa Inn but I know its not called that now. Has anybody stayed since they changed it? Any ideas on how much a room is now?

I haven't stayed there or seen the rooms, but did book some basketball players there a couple of weeks ago. It's now the Hotel Grand Hacienda. They paid $50 usd per night and said they were comfortable. The food in the restaurant is good, the pool is in working order and the bar is friendly. Javier Ortega, formerly of JC's and the Sunset Cantina is the bar manager. Their local number is 638.383.0250

We used to book our bus trips there and we know the owner of the building "Juan Cruz"... back when we were booking our trips there we would put 50 or more people in there for 3 days at a time and never had any complaints... if there was something wrong in one of the rooms it was repaired immediately and if it couldn't be the customers were moved into another room...

I don't know who is managing it now so I can only tell you of their history with us... I know Stuart used to stay there because we book rooms for him...

Kenny

I've stayed there since they had only 22 rooms and I used to stay there a lot, but I haven't been there for awhile. I guess it was what Mark, about 2 years ago when you booked for Don and I? It's a great location, and I've never had a problem. I looking it up recently on the internet and there was a very positive revue from someone who had stayed there in the recent past, and since the new owners took over. If I came down tomorrow and I wasn't staying with a friend, I'd stay there again. The mini suites have two full sized beds and a pullout if I remember right, and they have always been at a good rate.

Last edited:
Just returned from the Rotary Club meeting that was at the Playa Inn... it's still nice and clean and well kept... the management has changed, but our friend Juan Cruz still is the owner...

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
Try to get one of the suites, not a regular twin bed room. Was always my home away from home in Penasco and I'll probably stay there again in the future.