ProAlliance Insurance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terry C

99.99 % of Rosie's clients have her cell number. Maybe someone should call it to see if the mail box is full. If it is, it could be a medical problem with Rosie or something else. Normally she would be here Johnny on the spot to clear anything up. I hope all is well with her.

apricot

I talked to Patty today said Rosie is fine but very vàgu said they have been very busy and was sorry for not providing the info I requested on renewal I think we will go with ace what do you think?
This is really odd. They don't seem to really be giving anybody any answers as to what really happened. Are you going with Ace through ProAlliance? I'd certainly want to know more first (like the answers to the questions dry heat has asked).

Beach Sand

User is currently banned
I like it when the real estate hustlers get all butt hurt! Note the two people that "liked" his post appear to be sock puppets....
I thought some, not all, but some of Chucks post had some merit that others were not addressing. Jerry, I don't intend to get into a war of wits here with you as you have shown you are never lost for words. What I don't understand is I made no comment here but some find it appropriate to start name calling because I liked some of what Chuck stated. I don't post here because of this, I don't want to be associated with some of the riffraff here. I come here for information about a location I very much enjoy. But it is very difficult sometimes to cut through the BS that many of the regulars are permitted to rant about that has no relevance to the thread subject. So Please play nice and leave me out of your name calling unless you truly believe I have done something that warrants it. Thank you.

jerry

I thought some, not all, but some of Chucks post had some merit that others were not addressing. Jerry, I don't intend to get into a war of wits here with you as you have shown you are never lost for words. What I don't understand is I made no comment here but some find it appropriate to start name calling because I liked some of what Chuck stated. I don't post here because of this, I don't want to be associated with some of the riffraff here. I come here for information about a location I very much enjoy. But it is very difficult sometimes to cut through the BS that many of the regulars are permitted to rant about that has no relevance to the thread subject. So Please play nice and leave me out of your name calling unless you truly believe I have done something that warrants it. Thank you.
Chuck Who? The bead guy? What does he have to do with insurance?

We have two condos and had our insurance with ProAlliance for both. We paid Rosie by checks (which were cashed) and received copies of our insurance policies. I contacted Mafre yesterday, and was astounded to find out that our policies had been issued in the system, but then cancelled because Mapfre never received payment. So as of now, and apparently for quite some time, we have not had insurance coverage. I urge all of you to contact Mapfre and find out the status of your policies. We did speak to Rosie yesterday, and she's a very nice person, but there are definitely some problems there. Thank goodness the recent storms didn't cause damage, as we would not have had insurance to cover it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ben21

I've never owned property in Mexico, so maybe there's a reason for this... But why do you have to pay the agent instead of the company like we do for home owners insurance here?

apricot

I've never owned property in Mexico, so maybe there's a reason for this... But why do you have to pay the agent instead of the company like we do for home owners insurance here?
That's a really good question, dry heat asked it too. I just checked my check register to see how my insurance agent does it. For our condo insurance, the check was written out to the insurance company, General de Seguros, S.A.B. For our car insurance, it was written out to the agent, Alejandro Portugal Martinez.

apricot

We have two condos and had our insurance with ProAlliance for both. We paid Rosie by checks (which were cashed) and received copies of our insurance policies. I contacted Mafre yesterday, and was astounded to find out that our policies had been issued in the system, but then cancelled because Mapfre never received payment. So as of now, and apparently for quite some time, we have not had insurance coverage. I urge all of you to contact Mapfre and find out the status of your policies. We did speak to Rosie yesterday, and she's a very nice person, but there are definitely some problems there. Thank goodness the recent storms didn't cause damage, as we would not have had insurance to cover it.

So are Rosie and Patty both being vague about what happened? Why aren't they being real clear as to what exactly is going on?

apricot

I started to read some old threads on this insurance topic. This is what Rosie said back in May 2013 re: why the checks are written to her: "While I can't imagine a situation where a claim would be paid out of my account, we do ask my clients who aren't paying with credit/debit cards to write the checks out to me. The insurance underwriters and I settle up every month and what I've collected (minus my commission) is deducted from what they owe me."

What's also interesting is that somebody had a $50 claim with Portugal re: damage to his 5th wheel, and the $50 came from Portugal's personal account so it appeared that the premium that was paid by the owner of the 5th wheel was not paid to a legit insurance company.

dry heat

Pigeon coup coordinator
Now it is really getting interesting....
The payments (in full) is supposed to be remitted to the carrier by the insurance agency (they allow 45 days to receive from the date of issue). I understand that it is common in Mexico to have the payments made out to the agency and then the agency sends the payments in bulk to the carrier (usually a wire deposit 1x each month). The interesting thing she noted above is the statement that she deducts the commission from the total. As far as I understand, the carrier collects the entire premium and they pay the agency directly and not from a deduction of the clients payment (based on my conversation this evening with Mapfre in Mexico).

flicks

I just bought car insurance thru Pro online. Since its a credit card purchase , do you think there would be a issue.?

mis2810

So what are you going to do? Did ProAlliance offer to give you your money back?

Rosie offered either a refund or to extend our policies for a year at no charge. We chose the refund - hopefully we will receive it. We are looking into other agents, including Portugal, but the $50 Portugal claim being paid out of Portugals account concerns me. The Mapfre gentleman that I spoke with recommended Adventure Mexican Insurance for your homeowner's insurance. Eddie Ramirez at (831) 477-0599 or email him at [email protected]. We haven't contacted him yet.

Rosie offered either a refund or to extend our policies for a year at no charge. We chose the refund - hopefully we will receive it. We are looking into other agents, including Portugal, but the $50 Portugal claim being paid out of Portugals account concerns me. The Mapfre gentleman that I spoke with recommended Adventure Mexican Insurance for your homeowner's insurance. Eddie Ramirez at (831) 477-0599 or email him at [email protected]. We haven't contacted him yet.

Why was the payment not made to the Insurance co. by Rosie

playaperro

El Pirata
I hate to read posts like this without knowing both sides of the story. Getting thrown under the bus on a public internet forum without being able to defend yourself just doesn't seem right. Rosie Glover/ProAlliance Insurance has always treated me very well over the years and everything I've ever seen or heard about her has been very professional. I look forward to reading her response/explanation to this.
With all due respect shark, Its gonna be a long wait, Mystery to solve!

Status
Not open for further replies.