ProAlliance Insurance

Status
Not open for further replies.

dry heat

Pigeon coup coordinator
Rosy,

Would you recommend that Mapfre clients contact the carrier directly to find out if their policy is active? I think someone posted their email/phone number above.

I am also waiting on my new policy (it had increased glass coverage added 4 weeks ago) The insurance issuing agency AXA deposited the check in
late Sept.
I know we are with a new insurance company, since Pro Alliance and I had problems with the company I was with last year.

I spoke with Patty on Friday and she said they will have the amended policy for me this week, I will pick it up in person when I am in RP next week.
I will post the outcome when I see them next week.
Hi BW, did you finally get your policy? Do let me know.

I agree, totally strange. It would be helpful to know the reason why they are switching everyone to a new company.
The switching of companies is one way of keeping this from happening in the future. The ACE policy payments are easier to track and their accounting system is very helpful. Credit card payments directly to the company. American-style policies and English-speaking reps are a plus. Hydro included. My personal relationship with them dates back to several years before I even started ProAlliance.

I talked to Patty today said Rosie is fine but very vàgu said they have been very busy and was sorry for not providing the info I requested on renewal I think we will go with ace what do you think?
Sorry she sounded vague. She doesn't always have the answers, but I do. Feel free to call me directly any time.

99.99 % of Rosie's clients have her cell number. Maybe someone should call it to see if the mail box is full. If it is, it could be a medical problem with Rosie or something else. Normally she would be here Johnny on the spot to clear anything up. I hope all is well with her.
Thanks, Top Cat! I'm here...late, but here.

dry heat

Pigeon coup coordinator
sorry, the lawyer in me...

"My lawyer fired off a certified letter to them and we began the tedious audit process and the notification of clients who were affected."
Why would your lawyer send a letter to the resort? Was the resort not accurate about policies canceling?
It appears that some forum members on here have found out their policies were cancelled... would you suggest those questioning the status of their policy to contact the carrier directly?

You mentioned that the condo business is not lucrative since the avg. premium is $150. Yet you mentioned that you have several thousand clients... one would venture to guess that even if a small percentage of these clients has a condo policy, the total is a decent amount based on $150 per unit. This leads me to my question... Have policy #'s ever been typed up on a policy by your office? Has every policy # listed on the policy been issued by the carrier?

If funds where sitting in your bank account and not wired to the carrier, would you not notice the additional funds?

Thank you in advance.

We have two condos and had our insurance with ProAlliance for both. We paid Rosie by checks (which were cashed) and received copies of our insurance policies. I contacted Mafre yesterday, and was astounded to find out that our policies had been issued in the system, but then cancelled because Mapfre never received payment. So as of now, and apparently for quite some time, we have not had insurance coverage. I urge all of you to contact Mapfre and find out the status of your policies. We did speak to Rosie yesterday, and she's a very nice person, but there are definitely some problems there. Thank goodness the recent storms didn't cause damage, as we would not have had insurance to cover it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Hi Rick & Leslie. I was sorry to lose you as clients, yet will continue doing what we can to correct all issues. I can guarantee you that no local agency is without its problems and complaints.

That's a really good question, dry heat asked it too. I just checked my check register to see how my insurance agent does it. For our condo insurance, the check was written out to the insurance company, General de Seguros, S.A.B. For our car insurance, it was written out to the agent, Alejandro Portugal Martinez.
Mexican banks make cashing US checks difficult. It isn't unusual to make the checks out to the agent. Just make sure that when a claim is paid, the check is drawn on the underwriter's check and NOT the agent's.

I started to read some old threads on this insurance topic. This is what Rosie said back in May 2013 re: why the checks are written to her: "While I can't imagine a situation where a claim would be paid out of my account, we do ask my clients who aren't paying with credit/debit cards to write the checks out to me. The insurance underwriters and I settle up every month and what I've collected (minus my commission) is deducted from what they owe me."

What's also interesting is that somebody had a $50 claim with Portugal re: damage to his 5th wheel, and the $50 came from Portugal's personal account so it appeared that the premium that was paid by the owner of the 5th wheel was not paid to a legit insurance company.
It was only a matter of time before one of you thought to mention this. Hmm...I will soon be posting our claim history. No claims have gone unpaid and nott a single check EVER from my personal account.

Derek

Is this typical with most insurance companies in Mexico to have a certain percentage of policies slip through the cracks? It seems that if there was a major claim you'd have a great deal of exposure. Isn't there a computer program that would help with employee incompetence or other excuses?

Now it is really getting interesting....
The payments (in full) is supposed to be remitted to the carrier by the insurance agency (they allow 45 days to receive from the date of issue). I understand that it is common in Mexico to have the payments made out to the agency and then the agency sends the payments in bulk to the carrier (usually a wire deposit 1x each month). The interesting thing she noted above is the statement that she deducts the commission from the total. As far as I understand, the carrier collects the entire premium and they pay the agency directly and not from a deduction of the clients payment (based on my conversation this evening with Mapfre in Mexico).
No...I don't deduct my commission with Mapfre. All is deposited and I am paid the commissions for the previous month's production. With all other underwriters, everything not paid to the underwriter is charged to me and deducted from commissions.

I have recently taken on several new customers at our Bill Pay service who say that they left Rosy's bill pay service as their bills were not being paid despite having funds on account with her.
We only had one client. It's a business I never wanted to get into in the first place. "Several new customers"? No way...and we did NOT keep anyone's money.

dry heat

Pigeon coup coordinator
Rosy,

Would you recommend that Mapfre clients contact the carrier directly to find out if their policy is active? I think someone posted their email/phone number above.

Status
Not open for further replies.