Puerto Penasco Home Port

OK think back when they dredged for the new dock for the reactors, did they not put that rock and dirt where Plaza Los Glorious sits today? Rock tends to interlock when it is placed on top of each other to form a solid base. They are putting larger rocks on the out side of the main base for Tide surge I think they will get away with it. We have all seen the way they build roads! ( New road to RP what 10 years old now) still holding up fine to my surprise

The road improvement to Hwy 8 was started in 1991 and finished 1997, with a few re-coats. A huge improvement form the road pre 1991.

How time fly s I remember the white knuckle driving in the late 70 until the completion thanks for letting us know when it was finished. Now a'm I not correct about the dredging and the placement of the Material? for the Hotel?

Kenny

OK think back when they dredged for the new dock for the reactors, did they not put that rock and dirt where Plaza Los Glorious sits today? Rock tends to interlock when it is placed on top of each other to form a solid base. They are putting larger rocks on the out side of the main base for Tide surge I think they will get away with it. We have all seen the way they build roads! ( New road to RP what 10 years old now) still holding up fine to my surprise
It was a big parking lot before Las Glorious was built and a place to buy fresh goods on the weekend. I missed the gathering that happened there every weekend. They brought in large rocks for the breakwater on both sides of the hotel but I have no idea whats under it.
http://www.penascodelsolmexico.com/gallery.shtml#

Last edited:

Rhino

The engineers say they haven't even begun bringing the "big" rocks in yet!

Kenny

The engineers say they haven't even begun bringing the "big" rocks in yet!
Whew! Most of the big breakwaters and Jetty's that I've seen built, a crane has set most of the big rock's in place. It's not just done willy nilly.

Last edited:

Roberto

OK think back when they dredged for the new dock for the reactors, did they not put that rock and dirt where Plaza Los Glorious sits today?
That area on which sits the hotel and the condos was build up when the harbor was dredged and expanded. IT sat empty for some years and most of it still is empty. If you look right behind Max's restaurant you will see a stone wall that used to be the sea wall. Behind and up a bit behind Kino's Market is a now abandoned hotel that used to be beachfront.

The reactor stuff that came in was way too large to come in at the port due to the narrow roads and overhead stuff. They brought them in to a pier constructed on the East beach which is still there. The could only move a few miles a day so you can still see the cleared stopping areas along the highway to Ojo where they would overnight and the cut outs around the culverts which would have collapsed from the incredible weight. Think I'm not clear about is how they got them through the protected area there around the Organ Pipe Cactus preserve.

Kenny

That area on which sits the hotel and the condos was build up when the harbor was dredged and expanded. IT sat empty for some years and most of it still is empty. If you look right behind Max's restaurant you will see a stone wall that used to be the sea wall. Behind and up a bit behind Kino's Market is a now abandoned hotel that used to be beachfront.
I was out of state when the work was done and when I headed down to the old hangout on my return, I was completely lost when I ran into the Plaza Las Glorias.

jerry

The video needs music that fits the scene...maybe the music from the shower scene in Psycho since the Sea of Cortez is being murdered one truck load at a time...

dry heat

Pigeon coup coordinator
The video needs music that fits the scene...maybe the music from the shower scene in Psycho since the Sea of Cortez is being murdered one truck load at a time...
Its good to know Jerry that you don't use any plastic products, don't eat meat, don't wear or use animal based products, or use a vehicle that consumes gas. for every tree huger, you have someone that is offended that they don't do more. Everyone (including the guy that lives on a tree and won't come down) is doing something to destroy the environment.

My hope is that the development follows the requirements by the environmental study and impact as requested.

IggyAZ

We are still booking rvs into the Reef RV park, no problems operationally I will post when it becomes an issue which I dont foresee as of now!
Thanks Russ.
Is their any issues on the roadway there with all the construction.
The website is down for good?
Iggy

rplarry

Been watching a lot of videos on youtube lately of people LIGHTING their TAP WATER on FIRE because of shale drilling. I'm guessing you're against regulation of that too...

Drill Baby Drill
Educate yourself and don't believe everything you see on TV.

Just like your buddy, the over-bloated ex-VP Al Gore and the $100 MILLION he personally profited from his off-base fear mongering movie "An Inconvenient Truth" , these shale fracking stories are primarily bogus as well.

35 Inconvenient Truths: The Errors in Al Gore's Movie

http://scienceandpublicpolicy.org/monckton/goreerrors.html

Fiction Masquerading As News In The Oil And Gas Shale World

http://www.forbes.com/sites/davidblackmon/2013/07/10/fiction-masquerading-as-news-in-the-oil-and-gas-shale-world/

From Flaming Faucet to Flaming Hose: The Continuing Fraud of Gasland

http://energyindepth.org/national/the-continuing-fraud-of-gasland/

From article "Fiction Masquerading As News In The Oil And Gas Shale World"
"The premier of Gasland II on HBO Monday night is a good case in point. I’m not going to do a complete review of the film, but you can find a really good review of it here, at EnergyInDepth. One scene in particular deserves comment, though, and that is the inclusion of a scene of a landowner in Parker County, TX, lighting his water hose on fire, and pretending that was somehow due to “fracking” in the Barnett Shale area of North Texas.

This is a well-known incident that was ruled as a fraud in 2012 in a Texas District Court proceeding. This particular landowner, working with a local “consultant” who is little more than an anti-natural gas activist, was revealed in court to have “…attach(ed) a garden hose to a gas vent – not to a water line – and then light and burn the gas from the end of the nozzle of the hose. The demonstration was not done for scientific study but to provide local and national news media a deceptive video, calculated to alarm the public into believing the water was burning … [and] alarm the EPA.”

GV Jack

Snorin God
I might be out of my fracking mind, but I don't see how this has anything to do with "Puerto Penasco Home Port". subject.

If you all are looking for a fight, check in with Roberto about the upcoming rumble behind that famous girlie joint.

Take fair warning, his high heels are killer. Lucky for you my purse and I are in retirement.

Kenny

One of these day's Larry is going to become completely unhinged and I for one don't want to be around for the rampage.:confused: