Puerto Penasco Home Port

jerry

Undergoing rapid growth since the late 1970s, Zihuatanejo suffers myriad environmental problems. Untreated wastewater flows into the bay to such an extent that locals no longer swim off the main beach. Environmentalists and federal officials blame a half-finished jetty, part of a resort expansion, for helping trap contamination inside the bay. Local divers say sewage sludge on the bay’s floor is now several feet deep. “Another (cruise ship) pier will aggravate the situation,” wrote environmentalist Silvestre Pacheco to the SCT last year.

Does anyone know if the truckers got paid and if they started hauling rock again or any other update. Just talked to someone in Cholla they said that the flagmanis their and the trucks are running said they are making it higher and wider.

Last edited:
Undergoing rapid growth since the late 1970s, Zihuatanejo suffers myriad environmental problems. Untreated wastewater flows into the bay to such an extent that locals no longer swim off the main beach. Environmentalists and federal officials blame a half-finished jetty, part of a resort expansion, for helping trap contamination inside the bay. Local divers say sewage sludge on the bay’s floor is now several feet deep. “Another (cruise ship) pier will aggravate the situation,” wrote environmentalist Silvestre Pacheco to the SCT last year.
That was my concern also it will trap everything that gets behind it and cover up the reef with muck. Muck is a nice word for Sh*t

That is truly sad about Zihuatanejo. I was hoping to make it down there one day.

Kenny

Jetties and Piers

Repairs to north jetty tip, Yaquina, Oregon Inlet (2000).
Enlarge: 512x768(85kb)
Jetties are shore-normal stone structures commonly used for training navigation channels and stabilizing inlets. In this case, jetties are used for controlling the navigation depth of channels. Jetties prevent intrusion of long-shore sediment transport. Jetties also constrain the steady flow causing higher flow velocities and thereby scouring the channel to a depth required for safe navigation. Pier structures are sometimes referred to as jetties.
Piers are usually pile-supported structures with wooden or steel decks and are used for pedestrian access, fishing, research, and supporting commercial establishments
http://chl.erdc.usace.army.mil/chl.aspx?p=s&a=ARTICLES;514&g=41

https://plus.google.com/photos/100910113640564801579/albums/5983385711671291457/5983385705640489554?banner=pwa&pid=5983385705640489554&oid=100910113640564801579

The thing I do not understand is why there is not going to be a pier at the mouth of the jetty to stop the Northerners from doing what they do. To bad they didn't build a little one ( like this one I saw in Tasmania) it would have been cool in Penasco but no...we go big time...
Jerry It may all still change take a real look at the players in this game!!!! Holly sh*t, I don't even want to go their. But please I don't want to seem completely negative I do want them to succeed even if I don't agree with the project.

Kenny

https://plus.google.com/photos/100910113640564801579/albums/5983385711671291457/5983385705640489554?banner=pwa&pid=5983385705640489554&oid=100910113640564801579

The thing I do not understand is why there is not going to be a pier at the mouth of the jetty to stop the Northerners from doing what they do. To bad they didn't build a little one ( like this one I saw in Tasmania) it would have been cool in Penasco but no...we go big time...
That picture shows a Jetty with boat docks and a breakwater to keep the boats from getting beat up.

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
Does anyone have pictures of the jetty and man made marina in San Felipe?
Big square of huge rocks with an opening for the boat to go in and out. Docks are fixed. At low tide, the larger boats pretty much sit on the bottom.

Years ago I used to watch them unload cattle in San Felipe. They would anchor in the harbor and lower the cattle with a rope around there horns over the side. Then they would tie them off to a panga and motor them to shore. It was an amazing site.

playaperro

El Pirata
Put down the crack pipe, dog. It could never be like that pic, ever. The tides would flood the place. You would need one heck of a gigantic floating dock structure to make that concept even remotely possible.
Nice try Sr. Flintstone, seems you been hanging with Barney and rebel, stuck in that old generation, I'll tell Hector to send you a couple more hundred emails...