Puerto Penasco Home Port

Bet they cast them on site to save on the trucking costs, wear and tear on the roads an trucks. But then all the middle men wouldn't get their cut.

garyd

Not so far fetched, Jerry. Ever come into the cruise ship port at Mazatlan? I've been in and out a few times fishing. The breakwater is made of giant, well for lack of a better description, "concrete jacks," shaped like the same jacks kids play with. They are stacked willy-nilly and seem to interlock together to form the breakwater, with an entrance and channel for the cruise ships to enter/depart. Thought it was kind of odd the first time I saw it, but seems to be effective. Had to scrounge for a pic, but they look like this:

There has to be a more attractive way to build interlocking blocks for a breakwater. Great idea, just ugly IMO.

ben21

http://www.cruiselawnews.com/2014/07/articles/caribbean-islands/belize-tourism-industry-association-sues-ncl-to-block-mega-cruise-harvest-caye-development-in-belize/. This nightmare sounds familiar...shakey environmental impact statements,local rich boosters telling everyone they know better....
Well at least that project appears to have a cruise line funding it. Much better than this "If you build it, they will come" plan going on in RP. I mean, I doubt the major cruise lines are lining up waiting for this jetty to be completed.

jerry

Well at least that project appears to have a cruise line funding it. Much better than this "If you build it, they will come" plan going on in RP. I mean, I doubt the major cruise lines are lining up waiting for this jetty to be completed.
Ben. they are also going to the me mega ships.

jerry

Puerto Penasco, Sonora -. Regarding statements by Javier Tapia Camou, Coordinator of the Commission for the Promotion of Tourism in the state (COFETUR), related to the work of the Home Port, where he literally says that "we are working on construction of the main breakwater which already has an advance 100 meters offshore, generating 300 direct jobs and 600 indirect "Mr. Gurrola Rosario Navarro, representative of local carriers, said" until now I have not been reflected direct jobs to that Penasco is announcing Javier Tapia Camou Mr ".

"I do not see one reflected, do not know where those jobs are, if he comes and explains and shows us where those jobs are, until then we will believe, for now I can say that such employment is not mentioning here in Peñasco exist, "he said.

He emphasized "in indirect employment was not mentioned also reflected at all, or workshops, or business, do not exist; They are undermining our survival and our families, we can say that the money allocated for the work that was supposed to make a good economic benefit where is it?, do not see it anywhere. "

Moreover, Gurrola Navarro spoke about the eviction and arrest of domperos by the investigating State Police and said "I saw it coming an action of this kind by the government, I think it all originated in the State Government, because there are resources flowing to this work, however, must have been given because the companions were claiming something right, they were paid what they were owed for work already performed; I have understood that they were partially paid, not as promised, they made additional discounts, money came to him very mop the end. "

"In other action was endorsed by the government, we have information that were primarily Javier Tapia Camou and Governor Guillermo Padres Elias, they used the police to suppress the domperos Peñasco not to continue making a claim that was fair ; also, the local authority defended carriers when must've done "said.

Bottom line...Locals screwed on the job front...

So the days of camping for $5 at the Reef are long gone? There is no access to that area anymore?
It'll certainly be different this time. We haven't been to Rocky Point for a couple years.

You can pay $20 to rent a space at the Reef RV park to have access to Sandy Beach, did that last trip down and used it 2 days since it was covered under the 24 hour
limit of the parking pass.