Puerto Penasco Home Port

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
Any recent photos?
Don't know if I have any from when I flew in and out of there last year (private plane). It is, however, a very nice small facility -- with a military contingent and military aircraft sitting at one end of the runway. Talked briefly with a couple of the military pilots while we cleared customs and picked up a buddy to go on down to Mazatlan. I'll have to check the photo disk.

Last edited:
Last time I was near that area was '07 or '08. We were invited to have lunch at the Mayan and I don't recall seeing anything that looked like a landing strip let alone an airport.

Can you imagine how many people from cali the homeport is going to draw, Don't have a clue why you zonies are against this.

mis2810

Why would people from Cali want to port out of PP? Maybe I'm stupid, but doesn't Cali have two cruise ports?
I'm not a huge fan of the Home Port, but the Sea of Cortez has a lot more to offer than the Pacific. But that's only for a select group of people. Mid-sized ships for divers (live aboards), marine enthusiasts, off the beaten path lovers of Mexico would be great for a Sea of Cortez cruise. The Carnaval and Princess types of party cruises, huge floating buffets for Americans, are not for the Sea of Cortez. JMO.

Roberto

I'm not a huge fan of the Home Port, but the Sea of Cortez has a lot more to offer than the Pacific. But that's only for a select group of people. Mid-sized ships for divers (live aboards), marine enthusiasts, off the beaten path lovers of Mexico would be great for a Sea of Cortez cruise. The Carnaval and Princess types of party cruises, huge floating buffets for Americans, are not for the Sea of Cortez. JMO.
Cruise Boat Hater :p:p:p

jerry

Cruise Boat Hater :p:p:p
I'm with the freedom hating mis2810 .....having been to a few of these spots a ship larger than this one is just going to fail...or get stuck...http://www.travelweekly.com/Cruise/Un-Cruise-Adventures/Safari-Voyager/Cruise-p7112973...looks like a great time!

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
Saying Puerto Penasco is a mini Cabo is quite a stretch IMO. We feel Penasco is so much better in many ways.
Brain-dead marketing types have been pushing the Penasco/Cabo likeness thing for years now. The only thing the two have in common is that they both happen to be in the same country. It's like saying Phoenix -- it's just like Detroit! o_O