Ramon's

M

mexmac

Interesting comment about Ramon's catering business. I photographed 2 weddings he catered and both were beyond reproach. He was there through the entire event making sure everything went as scheduled and the food was great!! The restaurant is fabulous....only complaint.....no cole slaw!!!!!

A

azbeachboy

What a lousy dinner we had last weekend. Ramon greeted us and was very nice. After we ordered drinks it took about thirty minutes to take our order but we never got menus. We orders four dinners and three were cold. It was a slow night and the service was even slower. I doubt if I'll be back.

InkaRoads

cronopiador
After hearing one of my customer saying that they went to Ramon's and she had the "whole fried fish" I had to go and try it!! went in yesterday at around 4:30 pm a couple was leaving and we were the only ones in the place, a very attentive waitress came and gave us the menus and got our drink order, of course no need to guess, I ordered my favorito and my friend ordered the carne asada tacos plate.
My plate came with a choice of salad or soup, of course I took the "camel toetilla soup" I mean "tortilla soup" and although it was good it was not as good as the one I am used to, it was defenitely hot!!
Then our main course came in and I must say WOW!! the presentation look very nice, I have to give Ramon ten points, he won me just by looking at it, then I had the first bite and guess what? it was just perfect, all I can hear was the fish screaming: eat me, eat me!! and so I did and when I was done with it I eat one of the 2 tacos my friend had left and I must say the meat was cooked with a very nice combination of spices!!
All and all I give Ramon 2 thumbs up, I was worried since there has been so many different opinions on this thread that I was a little sckepticle?sp about going and possibly throwing money away, I hate cold food, specially sushi!! :eek3:

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
Well, I hate to say this but we went to Ramon's last Sunday for supper and the fish was a little overcooked. Not enough to be a big issue and we will certainly go back but I have never had an issue with Ramon's fish ever. He was busy, tho, and had a table full of unruly kids (early 20's) to deal with. The salsa was waaay too hot for most gringo's, too. I couldn't hardly even eat it, it was that hot! We did share a table with a lovely couple who are now our friends. Hope they sign up for the forum, I gave them the website. We still love Ramon's......!!!!!

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
We had the all you can eat fish and chips. I think they use grouper or trigger fish for that.

InkaRoads

cronopiador
.......and had a table full of unruly kids (early 20's) to deal with. The salsa was waaay too hot for most gringo's, too. I couldn't hardly even eat it, it was that hot! ......!!!!!
We were in a table in the back room, about 16 of us, having fun and eating good, we were pretty roudy but was all family fun laughing type of fun, with the kids and all!!

Did you have the Pargo?
The adults in the table had the last of the pargos, I reserved them before hand, since the last time we were there the people before us got the last pargo, at least mine was cooked just like I like it, perfect!!

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
Nope, these kids were out in the main room with us. I was sitting under the bar and got tripped over a couple of times! LOL!

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
Well, we went back to Ramon's last night and it was perfect! Up to his usual standards. When I got done, I felt like JABBA the hut! Yum, Yum! Fish and chips!

Hi there Chari,

You did make my mouth water. We just made a trip to see family on the Oregon Coast. We ate fish and chips at every port and at some ports on the way up and on the way down. We went as far as Lincoln City, Oregon so that was a lot of ports. Fresh fish well cooked anywhere you can get it is heaven. Can't wait to eat it again on the Sea of Cortez!!!!

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
Janet,
When you two are down in Oct., I will take you to Ramon's. You will LOVE the fish and chips!

El Gato

I had pollo mole and it was great. DH had chile Rellenos and was disappointed - chile's were hard so he didn't eat much. People at table next to us had something that looked good - not sure what it was. Very clean and colorful.

InkaRoads

cronopiador
We had the same experience with the chile rellenos last week, they were not as good as we had before however the rest of the food was awesome as always!!

Last edited:

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
You don't have to twist my arm! My friends Kathy and Dave will be down Friday, maybe Sat night? Or Sunday? I have to come home Monday afternoon.......

Roberto

Chari -
we NEED to go there over this next weekend!!!
According to the December RP Times, Ramons has moved to the Sonoran Sea on Sandy Beach." El Restaurante de Ramon is modern with sleek granite tabletoops, has lovely sea views from both the dining room and the outdoor patio seating. Open 8 am until 8 pm"

No mention whether Trailer Trash are still welcome to their new fancy location. No mention that the old location has closed, but I'd bet it has.

According to the December RP Times, Ramons has moved to the Sonoran Sea on Sandy Beach." El Restaurante de Ramon is modern with sleek granite tabletoops, has lovely sea views from both the dining room and the outdoor patio seating. Open 8 am until 8 pm"

No mention whether Trailer Trash are still welcome to their new fancy location. No mention that the old location has closed, but I'd bet it has.
Yeah...the all-you-can-eat fish fry for $9.99 will now be $19.95!!! :rofl: Someone has to pay for the "ambiance"!!

Us "trailer trash" can always pick up some fillet at the fish market, and head on over to Bill & Edna's(Wood Spinner) at PDO....yum...yum!

The Sonoran Sea never had a restaurant with a view of the ocean only the parking lot. The Sun has one called Emillios with no view and the Sky has a nice restaurant with a ocean view that was called Ocean View.

Rick
Cholla Bay

Jim

The Sea restaurant does have a view of the ocean. It is not ocean front like the Sky but you can look out over the courtyard and pool area to the sea. The Sun restaurant does not have an ocean view unless you step out the door and look to your left.