Ramon's

Went with my wife to the in-town location, and my wife was very dissappointed. I ordered pescado al mojo de ajo, which was OK. My wife ordered camarones cordon bleu, which was not as she expected. Her meal came with a salad, which was ONLY chopped lettuce, which made her so unhappy that she refused to eat it. When her main course arrived, the shrimp was NOT cordon bleu. Instead of shrimp stuffed with cheese and ham, her shrimp was covered with a sweet mango sauce! More like Hawaiin or Polynesian style. Complained to the manager, and was told it was cordon bleu "San Felipe" style. Not a satisfactory experience. We will not return.

Rosie's has been our long-time favorite for consistently excellent Mexican food, whether breakfast or dinner. Flavio's is my favorite for whole fried fish (corvina).

playaperro

El Pirata
Sounds about right S/j, you know that Ramons is only for tourist's, someone looking for a lonely dinner. Take a local or a real regular and you will have the worst
experience of the day.

one of the greatest dishes at Ramon's is the "chiles en nogada"--stuffed chilies in a walnut sauce--beautiful to look at and a taste treat for your mouth--gotta try it!

i would love to know the other contacts you have for catering!! i am planning a wedding in r.p. and thought about using ramon, glad i read this

Jim

I try not to say much here but I feel that I need to chime in. I have known Ramon for many years and he is a first class chef. He has catered some events for the Sonoran's and has always done a bang up job - no complaints at all. And, as far as the locals are concerned, he is probably still in business because the locals love him and his cooking. When my office was at the Sonoran Sea, I personally saw how popular he was with both the locals and tourists. To each their own, and every restaurant can have an off day, but in my opinion Ramon's is OK.

playaperro

El Pirata
I went to his house with lights around it in the hood, was not impressed, never been to the s/s and i don't think i ever will, but i was only reviewing eating at his house and paying top dollar for it. I was not reviewing his place at the s/s just his house place...I do know that he is a very good caterer...Now if I lived at the s/s I would be jumping for joy...Instead of the tortilla coming around...

lagrimas85

AKA Carnac
I went to his house with lights around it in the hood, was not impressed, never been to the s/s and i don't think i ever will, but i was only reviewing eating at his house and paying top dollar for it. I was not reviewing his place at the s/s just his house place...I do know that he is a very good caterer...Now if I lived at the s/s I would be jumping for joy...Instead of the tortilla coming around...
I have to ditto, what you are saying. We went a couple years ago and not that great.

I am in total agreement. Have tried eating at his house on two occasions, slow service and bland food both times. Too many other options!