ROBBED while we were 10 feet away in our bed...

Roberto

Grand Poo Sez: But you know what does piss me off? That he has sat on death row for over 20 years. The system is so tilted towards making sure that Mr. Prisoner's dear little rights aren't violated in any way that it takes 20 years or longer to actually put them to death! The victims of scumbag's crime get nothing; nothing but grief and sadness. Yet the perpetrator gets clothed, housed, feed and free legal representation for 20+ years, all on our tax dime, before they have to pay for their crime. That's just wrong and it's huge part of what's wrong with the justice system in America today.

That's one perspective but remember the flip side of that is it protects your 'little' rights as well, should you, or someone you love, be wrongly accused. Since you can not ever get it right 100% of the time you have to make a decision whether you will err on the side of convicting innocent people or permitting guilty to go free on occasion. Kill the innocent or release the guilty? Our system, by design, releases the guilty rather than killing the innocent. Yes there is a monetary cost to this process but what is the life of one innocent, wrongly accused person worth? I think it's one of the things that's right about the US Justice system today. It prevents the use of the Judicial system to "railroad" those out of favor with powers that be.

clipity clop, clipity clop, neeeeigh.

M

makettle

getting back to the original theme of this thread...robberies...I have some info for anyone who may be interested:
According to Article 12 of the Mexican Constitution, there is a provision that allows legal possession of a low-caliber pistol. One must have legal immigration status, and it can be somewhat involved, but very possible. Defending oneself with equal force is provided for in Mexican Law.

Roberto

According to Mexican historian Adolfo Gilly, article 10 of the 1917 Constitution guarnatees the right to bear arms.

Roberto

1917 Constitution of Mexico

(As Amended)

Title I, Chapter I, Article 10. The inhabitants of the United Mexican States are entitled to have arms of any kind in their possession for their protection and legitimate defense, except such as are expressly forbidden by law, or which the nation may reserve for the exclusive use of the army, navy, or national guard; but they may not carry arms within inhabited places without complying with police regulations.

http://www.ilstu.edu/class/hist263/docs/1917const.html

Last edited:

ernesto

You sure that's not arm bears? A better solution might be a big dog. i keep a big can of riot control pepper spray next to the bed down there and a Smith and Wesson up here.

jerry

I don't need a 22..thanks to forum regulars i'm now armed with Potato Guns,bags of paint,wasp spray and a new book on hypnosis
According to Mexican historian Adolfo Gilly, article 10 of the 1917 Constitution guarnatees the right to bear arms.

Roberto

You sure that's not arm bears? A better solution might be a big dog. i keep a big can of riot control pepper spray next to the bed down there and a Smith and Wesson up here.
A dog is good but the pepper spray is probably illegal, Stick with a fast discharge wasp and hornet spray. Debilitating and legal.

Kenny

getting back to the original theme of this thread...robberies
...No not robberies, but you getting robbed, rememmber?..You wrote the following, though you didn't start this thread...
It was harrowing and has changed our view of life down here.
So getting back to the original theme of this thread you two started. Give us some facts on the Robbery, and not ideas on how to kill someone...I know how to do that, and Jerry's going to make me a potato gun.

Last edited:
M

makettle

thanks to all for the correction. It is a convoluted path, but ownership of the stipulated caliber firearm is possible. Good input.

ernesto

Google it, the pepper spray is legal.You really don't need a direct hit with it either.

Last edited:
M

makettle

Yes. It is legal. I carry it with me wherever I go. Hence...'locked and loaded'.

audsley

I wouldn't bother carrying a gun in Mexico. I figure it would just get me killed or locked up. Here in the US, I travel and camp in my truck pretty often and always have my .40 caliber Beretta within arm's reach when I go to sleep. But whereas in the US I'd probably be dealing at most with only one or two people with bad intentions, and their weaponry if any would be similar to mine, in Mexico I'd more likely be dealing with several guys with AK-47s or the like. I don't see myself thwarting a kidnapping or a robbery with a single handgun, and I don't like the concept of guilty until proven innocent, especially in a country that's sensitive about Americans respecting Mexican laws. When I'm in Mexico, I rely on being agreeable with most everyone I meet and trying to keep to places I feel are relatively safe.

As for innocent people being imprisoned or put on death row in the US, let me say that there has never been a case where DNA or other evidence has proved that anyone was wrongly put to death. Some have won new trials and been freed, but that doesn't mean they were innocent. More likely it means evidence has been lost, witnesses died or disappeared and the prosecution now lacks the means to prove its case beyond reasonable doubt. I hear a lot of stories about criminal trials from my daughter and her boyfriend, both of whom are prosecutors. People on trial for serious crimes are usually dirtbags of the first order, but juries never hear about prior arrests or convictions, threats against witnesses or police or other bad behaviors unless it has a direct bearing on the specific charge in question. In deciding what to allow during trial, judges deliberately err on the side of the defendant in order to minimize the likelihood of a conviction being overturned. Juries are instructed that the state must prove its case beyond a reasonable doubt in order for a guilty verdict to be returned. A single stubborn, irrational juror can cause a hung jury. Delays usually work in favor of the defendant since evidence and witnesses' memories or availability seldom improves with age. It's my impression that on the average, criminals receive only a portion of the punishment they deserve, and few if any get more than they deserve. If that weren't the case, prisons would be much nicer places than they are.

Yes. It is legal. I carry it with me wherever I go. Hence...'locked and loaded'.
This thread is so convoluted....so are you saying you "carry" while in Mexico? Are you a Mexican citizen?

BTW....you never did answer if you and LK&CC are one and the same????

Last edited:
M

mike2010

Pepper Spray is not illegal. It's actually legal in all 50 states! Wasp spray will NOT work on those who cannot feel pain i.e. drugs/alcohol. Pepper spray is an inflammatory that will slam the eyes shut no matter the situation. That's why over 40,000 law enforcement agencies nationwide carry it and even the smallest canisters will fire 10 ft while the larger will fire 25 to 30 ft.

Kenny

we're back on top again!

Remember the weekly reader that we used to get in grade school. Remember it would always have a graph that showed how we were kicking everyones butt with our gross national product and such? Well guess what, we're back on top again! This is a little dated, so I'm sure we're even doing better now....http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prison

Last edited:

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
Lots of ways to break laws and yet no order..........................insert~~~~~~happy~~~~~ dance~~~~~~~ here, you're welcome Manny