ROBBED while we were 10 feet away in our bed...

M

makettle

Yes it is sad and, unfortunately, many of the posters here profess blindness or downplay any report of crime in Penasco. "It coulda happened anywhere." Why yes, yes it could have. But it didn't. It happened in Rocky Point, which is why it's being reported HERE. I don't get the sense the OP was trying to diss Mexico, diss Rocky Point or diss anybody -- they were reporting an event that happened to them.

Why do I bother even pointing this out? Because this is not the 1st time I've seen this reaction, whether it's a report of trucks being ripped off or houses being broken into. If it doesn't concern you, then so be it. Move along. Nothing to see here. You do not need to immediately try to discredit the OP and tear them down. Those of us that have been around here forever have pretty good bullsh!t filters, I get that. If you feel a post has tripped your bullsh!t meter, then report it and I will take a look and make a determination about it. But PLEASE don't feel it's your sworn duty to immediately tear it apart yourself.

Thank-you,
The Management
I see the self-appointed 'moderators' are back at it. In perusing their vitriolic spew, it is obvious they are being eaten by their own self-hatred and miserable lives and the only way they can feel 'better' about themselves is to attempt to discredit others and hopefully make those they target feel as miserable as they do. They are to be pitied.

Stuart; you run a true ship. Again, thank you. It is a shame that these few hate mongers who account for the majority of the responses to those of us who have genuine concerns and wish to talk about them as adults rather than whining children, continue to do so with impunity.

As for the 'equal force' and the 'locked and loaded'...TRUE. Those interested in putting their brains where their mouths are, need only consult a GOOD Mexican lawyer for the facts.

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
I see the self-appointed 'moderators' are back at it. In perusing their vitriolic spew, it is obvious they are being eaten by their own self-hatred and miserable lives and the only way they can feel 'better' about themselves is to attempt to discredit others and hopefully make those they target feel as miserable as they do. They are to be pitied.
I wouldn't go THAT far. You'd be absolutely surprised at just how wonderful and caring the vast majority of our Penasco family is here. Most would willingly give you the shirt off their back if you needed it. They are, however, extremely loyal and sensitive to the place they love and consider their home (or second home). So, when they see a poster (like yourself) talking about being "locked and loaded" and calling them "Mexican" (as if that's a bad thing), dander does indeed get raised in a hurry.

My suggestion? Talk to and try to befriend a few of these people. Don't make it an "us or them" thing. Nobody is out to get you, but you will make your own enemies here with the attitude I mentioned above. Either you want to be part of our family here, or you don't. Those that do have been here for years and enjoy the get togethers and fun times that are often shared, as well as a underlying commitment to help out each other and the people of Penasco. Those that don't usually find their way out the forum door.

Thanks!
Stuart

M

makettle

Stuart,

Point taken. Thank you, and I apologize for any hurt feelings.

Mentiras y Traición

Sonoran Goddess
I say "locked and loaded" all the time. In a lot of difference contexts. I also am "locked and loaded" 99% of the time in the US. It wouldn't matter to me the Nationality of who was trying to hurt me of my family, if its a Mexican, so be it, if its an Indian, so be it. If it is a white person, so be it. But for descriptive purposes, I am referred to as "white" by other races...you don't see me throwing a fit. Our maintenace man who is trying to rip us off is Mexican; so is my very dearest friend in Rocky Point. So are some of my friends in the states. Some of my worst enemies, and people I consider to have no redeeming qualities whasoever are white, some are Mexican, some may be German, who knows. I don't care about race or nationality, I care about character. Racists care about race and nationality, those who spew hate against different races and those who use their race against others. Hard to tell the difference? You bet.

Kenny

Those interested in putting their brains where their mouths are, need only consult a GOOD Mexican lawyer for the facts.
You two, or is it just one person posing as two, (maybe you can explain that) gave me absolutely no reason to believe your post knowing what the climates like out there,(And it could happen to you!),and your later replies did seem raciest in nature to me: that gave me more doubt! You jumped to the conclusion that Mexicans on this forum are all about covering up crime, and attacking you. The word "Mex", and they way you used it was inappropriate, and mean spirited in my opinion.The majority of your first post was about what kind of justice you would like to dish out, but gave us no real information at all, just a bunch of rhetoric about what you'd like to do for retribution. So maybe if you two? had just gave us some information, and left out the picture of you shooting, or whatever, a Mexican the right way, I'd give you more credence.
So with that quote above, are you saying that you can have a gun, "locked and loaded" in Mexico, just in case?... I think not!

Kenny.. It's must be in my pant's, I mean jeans.:mrgreen:...http://specials.msn.com/A-List/Lifestyle/Liberal-genes.aspx?cp-documentid=26133721

Last edited:

JimMcG

I have never, ever, understood why some women do this. Just like the one that helped the Kingman guys escape and go on the lam and kill an innocent couple for their RV. I mean, c'mon already -- the guy is in PRISON. Does that not tell you something about his nature?? Oh, that's right -- everybody in prison is innocent and the system was just out to get them. How stupid and desperate do you have to be?? Apparently, there's no lack of women that want serial killers and guys on death row as "prison lovers" though. Just absolutely beyond my comprehension.
http://www.innocenceproject.org/Content/Facts_on_PostConviction_DNA_Exonerations.php

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
I'm totally missing the point on this link here, Jim, since you posted it with no supporting comment.

The link says: "There have been 261 post-conviction DNA exonerations in the United States."

Doesn't even say over what period of time. But, just for grins, let's take that 261 and assume they were all in the same year... out of, oh let's say 2,304,115 that were incarcerated in U.S. prisons and jails in 2008. Mr. Handy Dandy Calculator says that's a whopping .01%... a smidgen of a number that tells me the Justice System is pretty much on target 99.99% of the time when they send someone to prison.

Would you be willing to bet your life on that .01% chance your lover is innocent? I wouldn't, and I still don't understand why women do it!! What's that noise I hear?? Oh, that, yeah... it's the cuckoo clock ringing!

The even bigger figure that's kind of astounding is: "In 2008, over 7.3 million people were on probation, in jail or prison, or on parole at year-end — 3.2% of all U.S. adult residents or 1 in every 31 adults." <Source: Wikipedia, U.S. Department of Justice>

Your point?

Based on numbers that I could find, there are somewhere between 2.3 and 2.4 millions prisoners in the US....and with 261 "exonnerated" by DNA testing, that puts it at around .01% of the prison population(I did some rounding).....a very negligible amount!!!! So 99.99% of the prison population is guilty.....

Just remember, figures don't lie....liars figure!!!

I still have to go with Stuart's sentiments!

Last edited:

Kenny

It's all fun and games until you fall in to that 1%. H
Leaving the women out of it, you have to figure that the numbers would be much higher if more innocent inmates had the means to hire the help needed to prove their innocents.
"Most of our clients are poor, forgotten, and have used up all legal avenues for relief. The hope they all have is that biological evidence from their cases still exists and can be subjected to DNA testing. All Innocence Project clients go through an extensive screening process to determine whether or not DNA testing of evidence could prove their claims of innocence. Thousands currently await our evaluation of their cases."

gyarbs

Just thought I would add an experience I had in 2006. My friend, his GF and I rented one of the beach condos on the beach next to mannys. I got up and out early Sat. morning to go for a ride and while I was gone a local went into the condo, with my friend and GF still in their bedroom, and into my room where he found my wallet and stole all the money. My friend came out his room and met the guy face to face in the hallway and asked what he was doing in the condo. The man said the owner of the condo asked him to come fix the leak. He then pointed to the kitchen and said I will show you. When he got to the kitchen he darted out the arcadia door and out to the waiting car.
Last month my friends (3 women) rented a room at Los Polomas and on Saturday around 2-7pm their condo was broke into and laptops, money, etc... was taken.
So that has been my experience. One point I would make is I did not bother to report my brake in as I figured it wouldn't do much good and I didnt want to spend most of my short trip at the station. So in the last four years I have probably been down 30 times and of those weekend trips Ive been robbed once and my friends robbed once. I beileve I have much less chance of getting robbed here in the states. Im sure there are many many other instances like these that go unreported.

JimMcG

The point is simple and well documented that over the past 18 years, 261 incarcerees, 17 of whom were on death row, were found to have been been innocent when sentenced to prison, due to various errors, omissions and outright false testimony, while thousands more await their chance of reversal of sentence. If anyone can provide substantive evidence that this is false, I would like to see it. Personally, I feel that as a nation, we can and will do better in the future as a result of this project and also feel that even one person executed in error is one too many.

JimMcG

As far as crime is concerned, I have never seen anyone claim that there is none in Rocky Point; there seems to be more than there used to be. I can understnd exactly why someone who was violated would feel absolutely furious over the situation, but it does not mean that those who still visit and enjoy Rocky Point are playing everything down. Even those who have been victims still visit and enjoy the place albeit that they are much more careful. They have gotten the point but choose not to continue to rant about it.

As far as being 'locked and loaded, and utilizing equal force' against a Mexican national in his\her own country is concerned, good luck with getting out of Mexico anytime soon afterwards.

The point is simple and well documented that over the past 18 years, 261 incarcerees, 17 of whom were on death row, were found to have been been innocent when sentenced to prison, due to various errors, omissions and outright false testimony, while thousands more await their chance of reversal of sentence. If anyone can provide substantive evidence that this is false, I would like to see it. Personally, I feel that as a nation, we can and will do better in the future as a result of this project and also feel that even one person executed in error is one too many.
Jim....I think neither Stuart or myself saw the point of that link with the statistics relative to the discussion on the women who get involved with prisoners...including those in for life.....your link "did not compute"!!! No one was arguing the possibility that there may be .01% of prisoners incarcerated wrongly....the "system" depends on humans...and will be fallible.

Kenny

My folks went down to Cholla bay for the first time in 55, and by 61 they were saying how much things had changed, and how they couldn't leave their stuff laying around, or in the boat like before. That kind of theft it seems has always been around, but the kind of crime we see today is a whole new ballgame. It came with the boom, and accelerated with the bust!

Last edited:

jerry

dna is near perfect but add in a 3% lab handling error and you start getting a little spooked about the death penalty now i think I'll go out and kill a hobo (with gloves on)

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
Jim....I think neither Stuart or myself saw the point of that link with the statistics relative to the discussion on the women who get involved with prisoners...including those in for life.....your link "did not compute"!!! No one was arguing the possibility that there may be .01% of prisoners incarcerated wrongly....the "system" depends on humans...and will be fallible.
Indeed. The point that .01% of people that MIGHT be innocent was never even a contention or mentioned. The point originally was intended towards Jerry's remark about his female friend who waited 7 years for her prison lover to get out of jail, only to watch the idiot end right back there in short order by committing another crime. Women that get involved with prison inmates is what I fail to understand and never will. And as I also said, I certainly would never bet that a prison lover/boyfriend/whatever was one of those .01% who actually is innocent!

What am I missing here, Jim? I just fail to see any point you are trying to make in to regard to what I stated.

By the way - I gave the benefit of the doubt that all 261 were in the same year. Add the fact that it's 261 over 18 years to the equation and the number that are actually guilty trends closer 99.9999%. As Joe stated, and Jerry pointed out with lab handling errors, because humans are involved, you will never have a system that is 100% perfect. So what do you suggest as an alternative, Jim? That we do away with the death penalty and let everybody out of prison based on the minuscule, itsy-bitsy chance that one out of every several hundred thousand might be innocent?

You know that scumbag they put to death this past week? Do you think he was innocent? I don't. But you know what does piss me off? That he has sat on death row for over 20 years. The system is so tilted towards making sure that Mr. Prisoner's dear little rights aren't violated in any way that it takes 20 years or longer to actually put them to death! The victims of scumbag's crime get nothing; nothing but grief and sadness. Yet the perpetrator gets clothed, housed, feed and free legal representation for 20+ years, all on our tax dime, before they have to pay for their crime. That's just wrong and it's huge part of what's wrong with the justice system in America today. In the old days of Arizona, they took you out and strung you up right away. In fact, they still did until 1934 when Eva Dugan's, the only woman to be executed in Arizona, head popped off and rolled across the floor into the corner. Which begat the gas chamber, which begat lethal injection.

Happy Halloween!

Roberto

Well this thread has morphed topic several times. I'm still wondering, if anyone knows, is makettle and LK&CC one in the same, or err one of the same.