ROBBED while we were 10 feet away in our bed...

JimMcG

I KNOW we are not allowed to bring a gun to Mexico. Can we use one? Some say yes.
Good question, as in a possible, legal, permitted, hunting trip in Mexico where the non Mexican is arguably using equal force to defend him/herself against a Mexican national. What might the outcome be in that scenario?

Roberto

Good question, as in a possible, legal, permitted, hunting trip in Mexico where the non Mexican is arguably using equal force to defend him/herself against a Mexican national. What might the outcome be in that scenario?
Well you would find the outcome after you spent a couple of years in jail waiting for it.

JimMcG

Well you would find the outcome after you spent a couple of years in jail waiting for it.

Exactly, and that would be optimistic if common folklore is to be believed. Over the years, I have been consistantly told by mexican nationals that the game would be stickly rigged against Americans in a mexican court should such a situation arise. However, money and connections might even the playing field somewhat.

Question for makettle

This thread is so convoluted....so are you saying you "carry" while in Mexico? Are you a Mexican citizen?

BTW....you never did answer if you and LK&CC are one and the same????
How about answering my question.....are you and LK&CC the same person?????

I just find it "funny" that he has been posting on here...but won't answer a simple question.....:hairout::aagh:

Speaking of sinus problems...I did get an attack this week....but my nasal spray seems to be helping....haven't had to hit the antibiotics...yet!

And Kenny, I have never had a boil....but if I ever do...I'll look for someone to "massage" it away...but it won't be over on Calle 13:har:!

JimMcG

As for innocent people being imprisoned or put on death row in the US, let me say that there has never been a case where DNA or other evidence has proved that anyone was wrongly put to death. Some have won new trials and been freed, but that doesn't mean they were innocent. More likely it means evidence has been lost, witnesses died or disappeared and the prosecution now lacks the means to prove its case beyond reasonable doubt. I hear a lot of stories about criminal trials from my daughter and her boyfriend, both of whom are prosecutors. People on trial for serious crimes are usually dirtbags of the first order, but juries never hear about prior arrests or convictions, threats against witnesses or police or other bad behaviors unless it has a direct bearing on the specific charge in question. In deciding what to allow during trial, judges deliberately err on the side of the defendant in order to minimize the likelihood of a conviction being overturned. Juries are instructed that the state must prove its case beyond a reasonable doubt in order for a guilty verdict to be returned. A single stubborn, irrational juror can cause a hung jury. Delays usually work in favor of the defendant since evidence and witnesses' memories or availability seldom improves with age. It's my impression that on the average, criminals receive only a portion of the punishment they deserve, and few if any get more than they deserve. If that weren't the case, prisons would be much nicer places than they are.
This was on Frontline last night.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/the-confessions/?utm_campaign=viewpage&utm_medium=grid&utm_source=grid