Rocky Point Crime: Are we there yet?

Roberto

Audsley Sez: As for Roberto's earlier comment about terminology - B&E vs. home invasion - I'm not sure, but I believe home invasion connotes forced entry into an occupied home whereas breaking and entering does not.

Ahem, Breaking refers to force. Homeinvasion is surely a media term . I don't like it. Is there a law defining home invasion as contrasted to burgulary, robbery, breaking and entering, anyone happen to know ? Robbery connotes breaking and entering face to face and burgulary theft.

Locals here get lots of information via the so called social networks, often with photos. I have to say, other than the rash of burgularies we had in the Mirador a bit back, which might be termed Home Invasions, I have not heard of any such 'attacks" let alone a rash of them. The rash in the Mirador was red and itchy and the guy was taken down and voila we had peace in the neighbor hood.

Again I still do not, and probably never will, know the whole story about this most recent episode. I don't think anyone will know the complete story. I would expect that if there were US citizen visitors subjected to this kind of treatment that they will appear on the local news where ever that might be. You can be sure the news folk are scrambling to find them.Or more likely GMA where the bucks are. I'm not saying I don't believe it happened, it is just odd the people have not appeared.

As for an earlier comment that suggested that some forum members are expected to report on events here, and that is the purpose of this forum, fine. I need regular posts on violence in Colorado Springs, Albuquerque, Macon Georgia, Horseheads, NY and Syracuse NY, where I have family and may go visit.

If the two factions were both residing in Unconscious that might explain the security guards inattention. Any way you look at it it's a baaad situation. Rape is one of the more heinious crimes in my book. I was hoping the rapist got shot in the later event.

And what Rosy said too !!

I am truly sick and tried of people using misdirection and changing the subject of all these crime reports. Yes the US has crime and murders...thank you Mr Obvious. Please stop the BS and use these forums to discuss and dissect the truth.

Now back to this topic...what are the facts??? Did a women get raped, Are the shootings and home invasion related??

Oh...so you understand where I'm coming from...Ive been going to Rocky Point for over 20 years and own a house in Los Conchas. And for the first time ever I had second thoughts about coming down.
There are rumors that there was a rape. No other details are forthcoming. There was a band of bad guys doing bad things. They are now dead, having died in a well-publicized altercation on July 19th. One state police investigator was killed, and two others wounded. There are certain types of crimes that are pretty much unheard of in Penasco, like what happened in Las Conchas. I think that with the recent example that was made of those guys, it'll be a long time before anyone steps out of line again. The message is clear...the type of activity that hurts tourism won't be tolerated.

rplarry

OK, Bill. I had a teacher who once asked me if I was just stupid or apethetic. I answered, I don't know and I don't care. So lets assume, at the beginning, that I am stupid.

I've been watching this story for a few weeks now and to tell the truth I cannot connect the dots. Your statement is the first one I've seen that appears to have a connection.
Let me see if I can figure this out by the sketchy information provided from various sources and stupid deductive skills.

It starts out with two groups of bad guys in a bar somewhere. One group lives in Las Conchas and the other group rents there.There are harsh
or angry words exchanged, but nothing bad transpires there. One group of bad guys goes back to the place they are renting in Las Conchas and
at some point, the other bad guys invade their place, take their stuff and rape the woman. That really pisses off the other bad guys so they finally,
after two days, catch up with bad guys 1 at the stadium/sports complex. Now the robees shoot the robors and flee down to Fremont. At that point
the police start shooting at the bad guys 2 and a gun fight evolves. An officer and a bad guy get killed there. It sounds like all participants except
for the police are bad guys.

This is what I put together out of the pieces lying all over the floor. Am I close to right or way off?
Jack, I think you are pretty accurate in your assessment. I have also heard from an inside source in the current local government that this 'home invasion' was a targeted event. The parties involved knew of each other. It was mentioned that one of the parties were from Southern California and were part of a drug ring. The shoot out a couple days later was supposedly a retaliation for the home invasion. My source said that these were not random tourists. They were in Rocky Point for a reason.

I am not guaranteeing this info to be 100% accurate, but this is what I have heard.

Rosy, you are correct in how you handled this. I apologized to Russ and now same to you. I did not connect these two events as one. Now it makes allot of sense why this is on the low down and not widely reported, nothing here in Phoenix. Bad against bad they get what is due. Sorry that a local painter and local policeman had to suffer so much at the end. So was the tally seven or six?
Total six according to the press release I got. Thanks, Wahoo...

playaperro

El Pirata
Anyone gone out and bought a copy of the DE Frente. Full story should be in there...should be on the net shortly...

Last edited:

lagrimas85

AKA Carnac
Anyone gone out and bought a copy of the DE Frente. Full story should be in there...should be on the net shortly...
You can bet, there is a story. Its already been stretched so far from what happened, I bet they paid good money to whoever concocted the twist on this mess. Whoever concocted it I hope it happens to they're family too. Karma can be a bitch. The simple truth is less scary than whats being thrown out there. Matter of fact as Rosy mentioned, they took care of the problem.

Last edited:

playaperro

El Pirata
You can bet, there is a story. Its already been stretched so far from what happened, I bet they paid good money to whoever concocted the twist on this mess. Whoever concocted it I hope it happens to they're family too. Karma can be a bitch. The simple truth is less scary than whats being thrown out there. Matter of fact as Rosy mentioned, they took care of the problem.
Tks for the heads up Bill, I gotta go so i'm out here till manana...

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
The fV@Ked up thing that really bothers me about these reports is the repetition of the "loose" term American Citizens. Very powerful rhetoric that immediately captures the readers attention. American citizen, and suddenly your brain produces an image of who this may have happened to. When I hear American Citizen the image that pops up in my head, especially if it involves a family of American Citizens is middle class America. This is why the rhetoric is so captivating, "you mean, a family like mine was involved in a home invasion in Rocky Point?". It seems that these events usually involve Mexican Americans. It's unfortunate that the media cant be real and just call it like it is, Mexican Americans involved in a criminal enterprise. Instead, we get American Citizens involved in a home invasion. Tell me about one attack on a vacationing middle class American regardless of race if this person is truly just an innocent person traveling abroad; does not exist! The case with the two white middle class Americans in Texas riding their jet skis on Falcon Lake and the husband gets gunned down for no reason. She didnt seem too remorseful in my opinion and the whole story seems a little fishy. If you ask me, it seems like the husband and wife teamed up and found out how lucrative and easy it was to smuggle cocaine across this lake inside their jetskis. They were supposedly taking pictures of an old church on the Mexican side of the lake, lol and jesus walked on water. This is organized crime and it is unfortunate for Rocky Point that these criminals just happened to be American Citizens and I use that term "loosely" of course! This wasn't your co-worker from your accounting firm, this wasn't Joe the plumber. Absolutely unfortunate.

falsent

I miss Duna's
Do you think that there will be an official story released by the local government? I love coming here and getting all the latest info but would be interested to know for sure what happened. The way the media portrayed the story, it appears these "citizens" were just vacationing...

moore_rb

Stay Thirsty My Friends
The parties involved knew of each other. It was mentioned that one of the parties were from Southern California and were part of a drug ring. The shoot out a couple days later was supposedly a retaliation for the home invasion. My source said that these were not random tourists. They were in Rocky Point for a reason.

Well, I guess even drug dealers need a vacation every now and then... I mean, they often have to work all night, and they're always on the lookout for anyone about to start spraying them with hot lead... sounds like a pretty stressful job to me.:ugeek:

This all makes me wonder if people were afraid to go to Rocky Point in the 1930's whenever they'd hear (or read in the newspaper) that Al Capone was in town...

Prohibition and gangsterism both suck.

The fV@Ked up thing that really bothers me about these reports is the repetition of the "loose" term American Citizens. Very powerful rhetoric that immediately captures the readers attention. American citizen, and suddenly your brain produces an image of who this may have happened to. When I hear American Citizen the image that pops up in my head, especially if it involves a family of American Citizens is middle class America. This is why the rhetoric is so captivating, "you mean, a family like mine was involved in a home invasion in Rocky Point?". It seems that these events usually involve Mexican Americans. It's unfortunate that the media cant be real and just call it like it is, Mexican Americans involved in a criminal enterprise. Instead, we get American Citizens involved in a home invasion. Tell me about one attack on a vacationing middle class American regardless of race if this person is truly just an innocent person traveling abroad; does not exist! The case with the two white middle class Americans in Texas riding their jet skis on Falcon Lake and the husband gets gunned down for no reason. She didnt seem too remorseful in my opinion and the whole story seems a little fishy. If you ask me, it seems like the husband and wife teamed up and found out how lucrative and easy it was to smuggle cocaine across this lake inside their jetskis. They were supposedly taking pictures of an old church on the Mexican side of the lake, lol and jesus walked on water. This is organized crime and it is unfortunate for Rocky Point that these criminals just happened to be American Citizens and I use that term "loosely" of course! This wasn't your co-worker from your accounting firm, this wasn't Joe the plumber. Absolutely unfortunate.
I do agree with your comment that Mexican/Americans are usually who they refer to when they use the term U.S. Citizen. I have to take argument with the rest of your post. Too often we see people who have a similar attitude such as yours where they incorrectly assume because they do not have first-hand knowledge of something that it never happened. I was a victim of the extreme violence in Mexico and I certainly have no connection to any of these drug or crime groups. I can point you to countless stories or news accounts where a "white" or Anglo tourist was killed or abused during a car-jacking or similar type of crime. I can also direct you to a group that maintains records of those who have been kidnapped and never heard from again. Is the crime against U.S. tourists equal to the crime against Mexico's own citizens? The answer is clearly no but to insinuate that crime against a tourist or a U.S. citizen (who has no Mexican ancestry) "does not exist" is both reckless and delusional.

Living anywhere (even in the U.S.) can be dangerous. Clearly going to a movie or a town-hall type meeting in front of a grocery store has its risks. Living or traveling in Mexico has associated risks as well. Like anything else in life, we have to evaluate risk vs. reward and make an informed decision. I personally feel that Rocky Point is just as safe as any mid-sized town in the U.S. but everyone is free to reach their own conclusion.

lagrimas85

AKA Carnac
Jack, I think you are pretty accurate in your assessment. I have also heard from an inside source in the current local government that this 'home invasion' was a targeted event. The parties involved knew of each other. It was mentioned that one of the parties were from Southern California and were part of a drug ring. The shoot out a couple days later was supposedly a retaliation for the home invasion. My source said that these were not random tourists. They were in Rocky Point for a reason.

I am not guaranteeing this info to be 100% accurate, but this is what I have heard.
The city need's to put a little more thought into the lies they are spreading about this family, if the family comes out and does make a statement, it would be devastating to what little integrity they have left. If they do make a statement, it will shock you, who they really are. There is nothing further from the truth, about them being narcos. Thats what I meant in my post about concocting stories. You haven't seen that about the family being narcos, in any of the releases in Arizona, have you? There is a reason for that, it would be shot down in about 5 seconds. This stuff is really none of my business, I didn't post anything here when it happened a couple weeks ago, I just can't stand bull shitten govt. officials. Like I said, hopefully it will happen to they're family someday, and we can tell everybody they were just narcos.

Last edited:

moore_rb

Stay Thirsty My Friends
There is nothing further from the truth, about them being narcos. Thats what I meant in my post about concocting stories. You haven't seen that about the family being narcos, in any of the releases in Arizona, have you? There is a reason for that, it would be shot down in about 5 seconds.
That's fair enough... to me it is really pointless whether there is a cartel connection or not...

In China, the rising wealth levels have given rise to corrupt families pulling "Hatfields and McCoys" on each other all over the place - failed real estate deals are most often the primary underlying cause.

Hell, this whole RP incident might have simply boiled down to some distorted form of "family honor" being violated. Vengeance and retaliation, taken to the extreme.

I like the point that this entire episode was all about specific people who had a beef with some specific other people, and they played it out... The term "tourist" does not belong in this story, IMHO....

Sucks that the innocent painter got taken out by cross fire - THAT seems like the only LEGITMATE story here:

"A bunch of people chose to settle some personal vendettas with a shootout, and some poor painter who happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time got killed as a result of their stupidity, irresponsibility, and failure to act like adults."