Rocky Point maps

Luna

Sea Shell Goddess
.........so if we could just find that job in PP. That would work.
Actually, that might just ruin it for us. The idea of leaving the stress of everyday life north of the border is one of the things I love the most.
This is why when we do go we go for as long as possible.
Meanwhile, just waiting for "someday" to come.

mis2810

Actually, that might just ruin it for us. The idea of leaving the stress of everyday life north of the border is one of the things I love the most.
This is why when we do go we go for as long as possible.
Meanwhile, just waiting for "someday" to come.
Wouldn't ruin it for me at all. I'd love to get out of the NOB mentality. Working in Mexico is not the same as working in the US. Commute? What commute? I'd still have all my fresh food, be able to work, and be able to look at the Sea of Cortes every single day. My evenings and weekends would be fantastic. Quality of life improvement by 1000%.

Roberto

That story reads a lot like the old Condo Sales brochures! If you are a travel writer you are not expected to write an accurate description of a place, just blow and go.

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
That story reads a lot like the old Condo Sales brochures! If you are a travel writer you are not expected to write an accurate description of a place, just blow and go.

I like how they always justify the means by adding how great its going to be for the citizens of Rocky Point. Especially when she added the creation of thousands of jobs and I started laughing my fucking ass off LMFAO! This lady apparently doesnt know how its done in Mexico. Yes, there are jobs but no, the people of Rocky Point arent benefiting from that. They bring in the cheap cheap cheap labor from southern Mexico. Fricken Zip Lining in the Pinacates LMFAO and SMH

Hop David

They will be at all of the Sonoran Resorts sales offices too. (but they have not delivered ours yet. Did you get yours already Bob?)
Jim, there was a lot of rain in Rocky Point the weekend we came down -- it messed up our schedule. We still owe you 10 bundles. Will try to get them to you as soon as possible.

We've dropped off maps at Oxxo stores, Pemex, Circle Ks and numerous stops along the Phoenix-Peñasco corridor.

Mike McCoy and I have tried very hard to make the map complete and accurate. But being human we do make mistakes. Any suggestions/corrections please let us know. We have a Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/AjoMapGeeks

We hope to publish this map each year in November. We want to make next year's map 20 pages adding a more detailed map of the old port and a map of Sonoyta.

Last edited:

Hop David

Hop David, thats exciting! Can we get an electronic copy to keep on a phone or tablet while driving around?
Jose, interesting idea. The pdf we sent to the printers is 77 megabytes. But maybe we could come up with a smaller file. I'll mention the possibility to Georgina Ross (our ad sales person) and Mike McCoy (my partner in drawing this map).

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
Here's the overview map, the book itself is awesome - I will have about 25 copies to giveaway Saturday at the Shrimp Park for the Mermaids Market. Stop by and take a look at everything here and pick up a map. Penasco Map Nov 2013 (Medium).jpg

Hop David

At some point, will there be a copy available to download? This is the the 21st century after all. ;)
Tequila Todd,

One of the issues we have is compensation. Of course we're hoping the maps will be of service. But we're also hoping to make money. Like most folks, I'm a squirrel trying to get a nut.

I have managed to make a pdf that's not too large. But someone with a little skill in Adobe Illustrator can hack into that pdf, take out the ads and edit it in other ways. With a bootleg pdf, it's very easy to make high quality prints.

I have been told it's possible to make an app that's not easily hacked or bootlegged. I am trying to learn how to do that.

Roberto

Your concern about someone copying parts of your map or hacking an electronic version, and your disclaimer about having a copyright on the material got me to looking and thinking. If you actually drew all those maps, starting out with a blank sheet so to speak, de nuevo, it was a monumental undertaking and I wonder where you got all the required information. Street names, locations, park locations, etc. Everything looks like it is represented as drawn to scale so you had to have some very sophisticated equipment and resources to do that. Hard to believe you actually started from scratch. The only notation of attribution of content I found was on the Sandy Beach portion indicating that it was in part derived from materials provided by the developer.

What other resources did you used, Google maps maybe? Is it possible to copyright material developed by someone else without permission or attribution?

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
Hop, if someone wants your map outside of the normal pickup places I believe you can sell it using an online warehouse of sorts for pdfs try this link or search for other options like this. We had people come early to get a copy of the map today at Mermaids market. It cost them something to get there so I see no reason why - if someone wanted a Map they would resist a few bucks to get one...