Rocky Point maps

Hop David

Your concern about someone copying parts of your map or hacking an electronic version, and your disclaimer about having a copyright on the material got me to looking and thinking. If you actually drew all those maps, starting out with a blank sheet so to speak, de nuevo, it was a monumental undertaking and I wonder where you got all the required information. Street names, locations, park locations, etc. Everything looks like it is represented as drawn to scale so you had to have some very sophisticated equipment and resources to do that. Hard to believe you actually started from scratch. The only notation of attribution of content I found was on the Sandy Beach portion indicating that it was in part derived from materials provided by the developer.

What other resources did you used, Google maps maybe? Is it possible to copyright material developed by someone else without permission or attribution?
Our first step was buying maps from Palacio Municipal on Benito Juarez south of Fremont. When we purchased the maps from city hall we told them we hoped to draw a street map based on that information, they did not object.

I drove around a lot while Mike furiously took notes. There were some street names on the official city map that did not match the signs. In such a case we went with the signs. When we saw a recognizable landmark (e.g. stoplight, Pemex, etc.) Mike would jot it down in his notebook. When we saw a school, Mike would jot it down. ditto campgrounds, RV parks, motels, etc.

Many of the hotels and resorts are clearly labeled with signs. We gathered promotional materials from various entities to get proposed or hoped for projects. We will continue to do this -- for example we're hoping Mr. Corcoran will help us with doing a map for Laguna Shores. If Rocky Point becomes a home port for cruise lines, we hope those involved will provide us with materials for updating maps, etc.

Mike McCoy and I have invested hundreds of hours in these maps. And hope to invest many more.