Rocky Point: Your thoughts on visiting, azcentral.com

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
That happens a lot up there in Alab....I mean Arizona!
It happens all over the Internet, Russ, on just about any topic you could imagine, not just Mexico. The power of the anonymous keyboard turns people into pure jerks.

As for the article, I read it this morning in the paper. They included the base comments from folks shown on the AZcentral site and those were mixed, but nothing like the after-publish comments showing up on the site. Haters gonna hate, plain and simple.

I thought it was interesting that the front page story of the Republic was about a family of illegals who have left AZ (supposedly because of SB1070) and moved to Pennsylvania. Personally, I just laughed about the story. It doesn't make the family any less illegal, it just shifts the problem to another state to deal with. So, is the way to deal with the illegal immigration problem to have a bunch of charter busses waiting at the border to take illegals to any state other than Arizona? Interesting concept!

PitiquitoRosy

Well Known Member
I thought it was interesting that the front page story of the Republic was about a family of illegals who have left AZ (supposedly because of SB1070) and moved to Pennsylvania. Personally, I just laughed about the story. It doesn't make the family any less illegal, it just shifts the problem to another state to deal with. So, is the way to deal with the illegal immigration problem to have a bunch of charter busses waiting at the border to take illegals to any state other than Arizona? Interesting concept!
Interesting. I still think the majority of those leaving are just coming back to Mexico. In recent months, there've been increasing numbers of people seeking employment who speak English very, very well. You'll begin to notice the difference in wait staff at restaurants.

rockyptjoe

Well Known Member
It happens all over the Internet, Russ, on just about any topic you could imagine, not just Mexico. The power of the anonymous keyboard turns people into pure jerks.

As for the article, I read it this morning in the paper. They included the base comments from folks shown on the AZcentral site and those were mixed, but nothing like the after-publish comments showing up on the site. Haters gonna hate, plain and simple.

How about to CA...like San Francisco.....they seem welcome them with open arms!

I think AZ has been handling the situation the wrong way...instead of flights to the middle of Mexico or buses to the border, the illegals (regardless of where they are from), should be shipped to Wash. D.C., possibly to Congress while they are in session, like the regular bus tours of tourists. Maybe then the federal government would notice. It would be a lot closer to home!!! :stir::rofl:

Last edited:

GringoZona

Well Known Member
Here with a newbie to Penasco, she is loving it and was only momentarily phased by the miltary-backed checkpoint just before entering town. (Guns a blazin'!)

Sunset cruises were packed, Super Ley was bustlin', Manny's et al was booming down Mirador and we could not have asked for more amazing weather on the beach toward Las Conchas.

More on the insider stuff later, but basically, a turf war is a turf war. Penasco just got mixed up in it.

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
Well, I guess I'll chime in with my 2 cents worth. I hope I don't regret it later. I work in social services and I can tell you that most of the undocumented are going to other states, not Mexico. They say the hateful atmosphere here in Arizona is too hard to live in and there is no way for them to make a living in Mexico. I can also agree with the hateful atmosphere part. It has changed here and not for the better. I was in Walmart the other day and a Hispanic family was shopping and chatting in Spanish. This old woman, had to be 70 plus, interrupted them and DEMANDED very loudly that they speak English in America! I wonder if she would have done the same thing had they been chatting in French or something. I said something to them in Spanish and got the stinkeye from the old broad. LOL! The family told me that this was not the first time this had happened to them. I find this incredibly rude!!!!!!!

As far as comments on newspaper stories, I have seen way worse than these on this mornings' article. People are truly hateful. I am 53 years old and have seen some hateful words but I am still amazed at some of the hateful comments I have read recently.

Gringo, I am glad to hear that PP is packed. Good for the economy!!!!!! Have a Pacifico for me!

PitiquitoRosy

Well Known Member
Well, I guess I'll chime in with my 2 cents worth. I hope I don't regret it later. I work in social services and I can tell you that most of the undocumented are going to other states, not Mexico. They say the hateful atmosphere here in Arizona is too hard to live in and there is no way for them to make a living in Mexico. I can also agree with the hateful atmosphere part. It has changed here and not for the better. I was in Walmart the other day and a Hispanic family was shopping and chatting in Spanish. This old woman, had to be 70 plus, interrupted them and DEMANDED very loudly that they speak English in America! I wonder if she would have done the same thing had they been chatting in French or something. I said something to them in Spanish and got the stinkeye from the old broad. LOL! The family told me that this was not the first time this had happened to them. I find this incredibly rude!!!!!!!

As far as comments on newspaper stories, I have seen way worse than these on this mornings' article. People are truly hateful. I am 53 years old and have seen some hateful words but I am still amazed at some of the hateful comments I have read recently.

Gringo, I am glad to hear that PP is packed. Good for the economy!!!!!! Have a Pacifico for me!
Interesting that they're moving to other States. I guess I'm just aware of the ones arriving in Penasco, and there are lots of them. As for the meanness of the general public in Arizona, my sis and I were talking about that. I think it's pretty obvious that many Arizonans are frustrated and looking for someone to blame. When the Mexicans leave, who will they blame for their problems?

rockyptjoe

Well Known Member
... the Puerto Ricans.
Sorry Cabo....but there are VERY few Puerto Ricans in AZ.....maybe in New York.....but not in AZ!!! I think New Yorkers stopped blaming Puerto Ricans for everything years ago....probably when the Columbians started moving in and controlling the drug trade!!!:stir:

Cabo

Spanish Mackerrel
can you tell the difference between a Mexican and a Puerto Rican, or even a latin American.
They all speak Spanish and can not speak English very well.

Anyone can get a black market Puerto Rican Birth Certificate. Puerto Rico Grants multiple Birth Certificates on demand.
If you suddenly see an influx of PRicans, maybe they are, maybe they are not.

Cabo

Spanish Mackerrel
RP Joe, kidding aside it was in Jest. Do not think Phoenicians understand the Prejudice against PR, but they are American citizens.

PitiquitoRosy

Well Known Member
can you tell the difference between a Mexican and a Puerto Rican, or even a latin American.

Anyone can get a black market Puerto Rican Birth Certificate. Puerto Rico Grants multiple Birth Certificates on demand.
Please tell me you're kidding about not knowing the difference between a Mexican and a Puerto Rican, or "even a Latin American".

Kenny

Well Known Member
I can tell the difference easy! The Puerto Rican's sing songs from west side story, and the Mexicans sing La Bamba....What?

playaperro

El Pirata

What...