Rockypointtalk fishing tournament

How far out are you calling in shore? What ar you calling 10 to 12 miles out? This is the limit for my little tin boat, on a good day!

Kenny

I think if I read you right, I agree, 10-12 miles out is a stretch for inshore in my opinion. So what do you think Bill?... We're looking for positive input, ideas... Don just posted some options for what we could do, and eliminating that area from the inshore was one of them. This deal is going to belong to all of us, and it's probably for the most part going to be what we decide as group.
My thought is to get this one in as simply as possible, with as much equality and participation that we can, and if we have another, say in early October, we can tweak it as needed then.
Roberto brought it up, so we might ask him, and Mark to distribute donated fish. We could also ask participants and their friends to bring down other donations as well. We haven't discussed it in detail yet, but a cash donation is something we'd like to do, and is very much a possibility too.

Last edited:

dmcauley

Last year on July 4th we picked up two grouper in excess of 70 lbs just 9 miles out. I would be happy to take one or two extra guys with me but my work schedule only allows me to fish saturday.
I don't much care about prize money, I think it should all go to charity.

don

I used to fish 12 to 14 miles out in my 16 foot mirrocraft (and like Bill said, on a "Good" day). And as you fellas know there are some descent reefs 10 to 12 miles out, and I didn't want to eliminate those reefs for the inshore guys.

Wow, since Dan did well only 9 miles out, maybe we should rethink the 12 mile limit. And since Dan can only make it on Saturday, should we just have the tourney on Saturday, or separate for Saturday and Sunday. Remember each person will only be allowed to enter 1 fish towards placing.

Dans' got an excellent offer to take others (1 or 2) out with him. HERE ya' go guys, a great opportunity to try offshore fishing with one of the best!!!

Heck, I'd go with him if I could, but I'll need to be back early and wouldn't want to make anyone cut their fishing time short.

When we were planning this several months ago, we hoped to get at much participation as possible, hence we have shore, near shore, inshore and offshore classes. Since you'll (Bill) be able to go out further than kayaks, shark donuts and inflatables we increased the range for your style of boats. But whatever you fellas feel comfortable with. Since your the first inshore to post an idea, lets go with the limit you think is reasonable and see if we get more interest.

Maybe we should scrap the inshore/offshore class? Thoughts?

Kenny had a great idea, a family entry fee. Since we want to get folks involved, especially kids and spouses, we should make this entry fee CHEAPER than the single entry fee. But, they've gotta' register.

Speaking of registering; maybe we can get Tyler to create a separate posting area for participants.

Tyler, can you help us on that one?

Last edited:

dmcauley

:stir:Remember, if the wind gets to blowing we'll all be shore fishing. Let's all just get together for the good time of it whether it blows or not. You guys figure out rules and regs and the rest of us will figure out how to break 'em.

don

Dan, you've got a great idea!

Initially the tourney idea was to have fun and raise some bucks for charity. So, skip the tourney rules, (so fellas' don't have to figure out ways to break them ;-), and get together to swap lies, maybe have a fish fry...

Unfortunately I may not be able to get down there that weekend, but I'm sure gonna' try.

Tyler, what do you suggest as to how we can create/keep a list of who may be able to attend?

Last edited:

HAPPY

User is currently banned
~~~ Now Don say,
~~~ "Hey fellas" ~~~ "Unfortunately I may not be able to get down there that weekend, but I'm
sure gonna try" ~~~

~~~ So "fellas" ...................

~~~ Come on now Don, ~~~ You been going up everybodys ass with this ~~~ "Tournament"~~~
thing, for months now, ~~~ & now you say you won't be there, ????????????????

~~~ Just where you going to be that weekend, ??? ~~~

~~~ Oh I bet I know, ~~~ you be down @ ~~~ "FAIRY BEACH" ~~~ with your sidekick Kenny, ~~~

~~~ You know the beach where all the ~~~ FAIRYS, ~~~ er, fishermen prance around in speedos,

~~~ Where Jerry, ~~~ the ringmaster ~~~ has to keep all you ~~~ FAIRYS ~~~ er, fishermen,

~~~ In line with a whack on your little fannys ~~~ with the ~~~ whip,~~~ if you get out of line, ~~~

~~~ BTW ~~~ Whats this I hear that all of you ~~~ FAIRYS ~~~ er, fishermen, ~~~ like pie ???

~~~ :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ~~~

Kenny

Good try HAPPY, but you just don't seem to have it anymore.... It's kind of sad to see that you've lost it, maybe you were on the bench for to long? Or it could be you are just getting to old for the game.

Kenny

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
Just a little homophobic, are we, Happy? He's having trouble setting the hook these days, Kenny. HAHAHAHA!

Happy..jpg

HAPPY

User is currently banned
~~~ OH NO !!! ~~~ not you too, ~~~ Stuart !!!!!! ~~~ Now just WHERE did you get that pic, ~~~ :bunny:~~~ now don't tell me you ~~~ "like pie too" ~~~ :lol: ~~~

~~~ Those must be the two :gay:'S ~~~ That Kenny said ~~~ made him ~~~ "JUMP LIKE A FROG"

~~~ The last time he was @ "FAIRY BEACH" ~~~

~~~ It seems that ~~~ "Pretty Kenny" ~~~ bent over to get some bait, ~~~

~~~ And ~~~ WHAMO ~~~ he got some ~~~ BAIT alright, ~~~

~~~ Hell he didn't even stand up, ~~~ just kept looking in his tackle box, ~~~ :lol: ~~~

~~~ One day @ the races there was a guy eating a hotdog ~~~ & Kenny started to get nervous ~~~

~~~ I mean shaking like a leaf, ~~~

~~~ AH, HA, HA, HA, HA,

don

"Happy, why don't you turn over a new leaf and post useful information?" You have a great deal of PP knowledge.

Last edited:

HAPPY

User is currently banned
OK Don,
Good buddy, will do, ~~~ forgive me, I just couldn't help myself earlier, ~~~

~~~ the old HAPPY just had to surface again, ~~~

don

The tourney was called off because another commitment which arose and lack of interest. However, I will be down several weeks later, so... if there is enough interest I'd be happy take charge and to bring 'er back.

"Happy, get your fingers warmed up", cuz maybe we'll go 'round again! Lookin' forward to your comments as always! Hah!

Don

HAPPY

User is currently banned
Hey Fellas !

Hey fellas, worked thru lunch yesterday, went to PT, went to second job, got home after 8 last night. I'm editing (changing tourney rules/regs as I see posts). Kenny, glad you brought the idea forward! Hope to wrap this up and post so you fellas can make recommendations.

Reason why Kenny and I chose the March date is because that was the best time for some of us to get together. We avoided Spring break (all 3 Universities have break on week of 3-15), so the first weekend looked best for tides.

I've never had a problem catching groupers (smaller varieties please) and an occasional red snapper in March... but then again, I haven't fished the deeper reefs at that time. That said, I'll probably be fish-less that weekend. I do not target triggers or sand bass, they are just "by catch", and released unless used for bait.:wink:
``` :lol: :lol: :lol: ```

``` The question of the day is ....

``` What do you get when two ``` MONKEYS ``` put their heads together ? ? ?

``` A fishing "tournament" ``` "PIPE DREAM" ``` thats what ```:lol: :lol: :lol:

~ ~ ~ Me Gustan Las Chicas Cochinas ~ ~ ~

HAPPY

User is currently banned
Monkeys,

``` :lol: :lol: :lol: ```

``` The question of the day is ....

``` What do you get when two ``` MONKEYS ``` put their heads together ? ? ?

``` A fishing "tournament" ``` "PIPE DREAM" ``` thats what ```:lol: :lol: :lol:

~ ~ ~ Me Gustan Las Chicas Cochinas ~ ~ ~

~ ~ ~ :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: ~ ~ ~