Rosie or Seadweller

Rosie you mentioned Plastic for recyceling. How about Aluminum cans. What are they worth down there ? I think I can get lots of them as long as there is not a problem at the border. I will pre crush. FOR THE CHILDREN.
Let me know.

Bill, I just checked with my neighbor who buys cans and he is paying 10 pesos per kilo... so that comes out to be about 40 cents per pound...

Hey all...What about different colored trash cans around town (one back, one blue?) and beaches with the school name? One for trash and one for recycles. Mentioned it in Las Conchas a few years back,but, never able to get down as much as we'd like,(especially now!) to follow thru.
Holidays might be big buisness(sp)(maybe I need to go back to school!). There could be differant "teams" of kids on differant week-ends collecting...Just a thought.
L.

I agree that for aluminum the best bet is sell it there and bring the cash for donation. This recycling campaign is for UNIDEP, de local university. Plastic bottles is all they are accepting. We've collected quite a few so far. Those of you who are here, Keep 'em coming! Thanks tons