Sandy Beach Jetty Construction

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
You know I have been coming down since 1963 have seen and done it all raised kids including myself! We can not go back in time but if it were possible I sure the hell would like to try. Love Cholla Sandy beach the Sandy Hill. Black Mt. and most of all thefriends I have met over the many years thank you all. I just wanted to say something positive. Now I can sleep better.

#ChollaBay4Life

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
You're right Russ, Mainly looking for a place to set up some shade and enjoy the view.
As long as I can bring my SUV or buggy to where I am for easy load/un-loading of beach chairs and stuff.
I know if I want to ride on the beach the best thing now is going towards El Golfo or way south
to Santo Tomas.

Wave, this is me doing about 60mph in parts of this video down the beach in Santo Tomas. Some of the most fun Ive had in a while. Felt like powder skiing if you're familiar. Open beach for miles!!! 2wd too! Air down to 14psi

O yes and this isnt a sound over. That's Roger! In the truck!

Wave, this is me doing about 60mph in parts of this video down the beach in Santo Tomas. Some of the most fun Ive had in a while. Felt like powder skiing if you're familiar. Open beach for miles!!! 2wd too! Air down to 14psi
Love the Santo Tomas area, but too far out there for an easy day trip. It becomes an all day trip
One negative for buying there is, we have friends who wanted to sell their Cholla house and build a house in Santo Tomas, after a storm that lasted 3 days finally calmed down we went with them to Santo Tomas and found many of the houses there with sand dunes 3 feet tall surrounding them many piled to the front door.

The area is beautiful and I really like it. but it too remote for us currently.

Haven't been down since October, so this might be a silly question, but where exactly are they building the pier/jetty? (in relation to say....Wrecked at the Reef)
We are thinking of coming down again in April and usually rent at Sonoran Sun. However, if this construction has turned Sandy Beach into a giant cluster...might try somewhere else
I don't want to listen to dump trucks bouncing over speed bumps, dozers pushing rock around or back-up alarms. That's what I do at home.

Any thoughts?

mis2810

Haven't been down since October, so this might be a silly question, but where exactly are they building the pier/jetty? (in relation to say....Wrecked at the Reef)
We are thinking of coming down again in April and usually rent at Sonoran Sun. However, if this construction has turned Sandy Beach into a giant cluster...might try somewhere else
I don't want to listen to dump trucks bouncing over speed bumps, dozers pushing rock around or back-up alarms. That's what I do at home.

Any thoughts?
It's literally just to the left of Wrecked if you're standing at Wrecked looking towards the sea. I'm down at Las Palmas (with Bella Sirena in between me and the Sonoran Sun) and I don't really hear anything other than a faint rumble when they dump a load of boulders and that's only if I'm down on the beach - not in the condo. It hasn't turned Sandy Beach ito a giant cluster . . . . . yet.

Terry C

It is right next to the East of Wrecked. They took some of Wrecked fence down. I don't think the noise goes over that far. Someone can comment on that.

jerry

Love the Santo Tomas area, but too far out there for an easy day trip. It becomes an all day trip
One negative for buying there is, we have friends who wanted to sell their Cholla house and build a house in Santo Tomas, after a storm that lasted 3 days finally calmed down we went with them to Santo Tomas and found many of the houses there with sand dunes 3 feet tall surrounding them many piled to the front door.

The area is beautiful and I really like it. but it too remote for us currently.
Never buy front row......at any of the beaches

jerry

Joe...looked like you ran over the Dead Sea turtle......

jerry

Jerry, for all the hassle (window cleaning, sand, etc.) I wouldn't trade being on the front row beach side for anything!! I'm addicted to the color of the water. Now when I come back to Tucson- I'm asking "Where's the Teal??"
Well it is a trade off...I go up on my roof or sit on my porch I see the water but save big dough on paint,AC repairs,the house stays cleaner and I look out at a mind boggling cactus Forrest toward the east....plus a 30 grand lot or a 200 grand lot??????

Being 200 ft. from the water with a rock beach in front is great, but still have to paint every 4 to 5 years and cover up the ac condenser when not there. Love being close to the sound of the waves but it's high maintenance. Hate the high humidity.

MIRAMAR

Yes, the difference in price now can be huge but that's why we purchased in Miramar (rather than 2nd or 3rd row of Las Conchas) 16 years ago because the price was $30k for beachfront. We looked at Santo Tomas- Las Dunas but they were $60k (bigger lot, electrical included but longer drive). It's always a trade off of what you want and what works.

jerry

Yes, the difference in price now can be huge but that's why we purchased in Miramar (rather than 2nd or 3rd row of Las Conchas) 16 years ago because the price was $30k for beachfront. We looked at Santo Tomas- Las Dunas but they were $60k (bigger lot, electrical included but longer drive). It's always a trade off of what you want and what works.
We also have drinking water from the tap,good roads and underground utilities.I think a guy could get a beach lot for 125k these days and the back lots are 20to 35k.I also really favor Caborca over Penasco but wish it were a bit closer.

I heard they are blasting at Black Mt. but have not hear any blast in Cholla, their has been a lot of trucks everyday and they have not run out of rock so must mean they are blasting. They put a truck scale in to weigh the trucks so they can start paying by the weight but have yet to see any trucks pass over it maybe waiting for calibration.

There is a quarry pit on the east side of Black Mtn. You can see it from Sandy Beach and Cholla, you can see it is gray in color.
You can see dust rising into the air from the area from the 4-5 drill/hammer rigs working that I saw when I drove past the quarry on my trip to BM last week.
I doubt that the blast noise would be heard at Sandy Beach since they drill down and use a controlled blast to fracture the rock for excavation.