Sandy Beach Jetty Construction

I drove by Sandy Beach today and noticed there aren't any RV's camping on it.
Over the last 5 years there were always 20-30 camps set-up during Spring Break.
Has the Port construction ended access to the beach?

I was there on Fri
I drove by Sandy Beach today and noticed there aren't any RV's camping on it.
Over the last 5 years there were always 20-30 camps set-up during Spring Break.
Has the Port construction ended access to the beach?
They are going to open the Beach for Easter holiday for camping but after that who knows. they are moving the guard shack out to the main road for beach access.

They are going to open the beach for the Easter crowd but after that is any ones guess. They are moving the guard shack out by the main road.

Encanto is nice, the end of Penesula Las Conchas is nice too 4x4 required.
I thought the Beach by Encanto was off limits to ATV riding and their Beach they claim is private. Had some guy run out all puffed up and said your not taking your ATV on my beach! wanted to run him over but I let it go. Their is always the RV parking @ the reef at least for now. Sad! Sad! Sad! see what progress will do to the old days.

Landshark

Yes, ATV's are not permitted on the beach in Playa Encanto. Security will not permit you to enter the subdivision with ATV's if you are not an owner and will not permit anyone to ride on the beach per Mexican law. Please don't try to run them over.

You are welcome to visit the beach. It is a beautiful and safe place to hang out at.

Terry C

Playa Encanto beach is not private.
Effective 11/1/2003, there is no recreational vehicle riding on the beach allowed.

Present by means of this letter and in compliance with the current covenants and codes in this municipality which are of general observance, we inform you that it is prohibited the circulation of vehicles on the beaches only with the exception of the strictly necessary to do beach clean up activities, launch and land private recreation watercraft that are not commercial or for profit.assured that compliance with the above.

I am cordially at your orders.

Sincerely

the director of public safety

cmdte. ramon gildardo parra elias

c.c.p. mayor for your knowledge

c.c.p. secretary of the city, for the same purpose

COURTESY TRANSLATION

Wow, we used to head to the beach just past Encanto and ride our ATV's and buggies all the way to where the Mayan is today.
A really spectacular stretch of beach.
Are there any beaches to the south you can still take a vehicle on without getting harassed?

OK I have now been scolded. I should have said I saw the sign and stopped but he still came running out like a old bull and it was not necessary it was just the attitude which made us all feel we were not welcome.

Terry C

Wow, we used to head to the beach just past Encanto and ride our ATV's and buggies all the way to where the Mayan is today.
Are there any beaches to the south you can still take a vehicle on without getting harassed?
Just East of Playa Encanto you can ride for miles on the beach till the next subdivision and the guards will stop you.

We go N of Laguna Shores not much but it is still some beach to ride on

Terry C

OK I have now been scolded. I should have said I saw the sign and stopped but he still came running out like a old bull and it was not necessary it was just the attitude which made us all feel we were not welcome.

You may have been at Estero de Morua.

Landshark

I would have felt the same way! You're not the first guy Terry has pissed off! LOL