Sandy Beach Jetty Construction

jerry

Wow, we used to head to the beach just past Encanto and ride our ATV's and buggies all the way to where the Mayan is today.
A really spectacular stretch of beach.
Are there any beaches to the south you can still take a vehicle on without getting harassed?
You can go from Santo Tomas to Puerto Lobos with a few zigs inland....have the guy with the pickup truck and Atv trailer drive to lobos and fish until you show up......I would not do it after a big storm event.....quicksand happens....

Landshark

Messing with everybody here today. Hill Boy, don't blame you a bit. I like riding on the beach too...a lot. Was really bummed when they said it had to stop but soon realized it was nice to sit at the water's edge without fear of being run over. Some of the residents really wanted the beach driving to stop and got kind of aggressive once it was official. They didn't mean any harm. And no, Terry wasn't the guy that threw you off the beach! Sorry Terry, bored today. Terry is the good guy in Encanto with his HOA involvement, newsletters, etc.

Kenny

I've always thought it was my responsibility to protect the bird sanctuary at the Murua estuary not only because I love it so much, it needs it! Over the years I've been real nice with my approach to people with dogs, quads or bikes and a real mean lying SOB if I had to be... Deal is, it is, it's up to us! The worst are the people who point back up towards Encanto and say,"Oh I can go in, I have a place here".
I know probably renters, but still.

Landshark

Occasionally we see jet skis tearing around in the estuary. Never a way to tell them to get out but you sure want to. After reading your post Kenny, I'll have to try harder. Maybe renters, kids, or simply someone that just doesn't get it. Most of the time it's just a peaceful beautiful place.

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
Terry, We drove on your beach 2 weeks ago because there were no signs telling us we couldn't. We are sorry but when you have a rad Jeep..........If we can't let us know and we won't any more..,..

Kenny

I've only jammed people who were on the other side of the cable and in the sanctuary Chari, but for you I'd make :D

I did not know we were looking for a place to ride. I thought just a quiet beach
You're right Russ, Mainly looking for a place to set up some shade and enjoy the view.
As long as I can bring my SUV or buggy to where I am for easy load/un-loading of beach chairs and stuff.
I know if I want to ride on the beach the best thing now is going towards El Golfo or way south
to Santo Tomas.

SeaSwell

Headin' to the Bezch
We too live in Encanto and miss the good old days of driving slowly down the beach enjoying the ocean air and beautiful view. In my opinion, renters and kids ruined it for everyone. Now we putz around between developments. We have family that cannot walk far so we take them there for a view.

jerry

We too live in Encanto and miss the good old days of driving slowly down the beach enjoying the ocean air and beautiful view. In my opinion, renters and kids ruined it for everyone. Now we putz around between developments. We have family that cannot walk far so we take them there for a view.
Damn, if you can't take your Atv to the beach how do you get your kayaks down or load up a panga?

Attachments

jerry

We can launch or retrieve a boat, but then off the beach.
i must admit it is a bit weird being the redneck that wants to have his damn Atv on the playa annoying everyone else.For setting up a sun shade,bringing down the mini weber you plan on using while grilling the Corvina you plan on catching with the rusted 3/4 oz cast master stuck on your handlebars( if you take time to stop playing your beach game
you make your long suffering friends play)it is a good tool.my old Honda rancher just keeps on going..

image.jpg

But come on down to Sandy Beach for Semana Santa and watch the Locals ride all over up and down and across that beach leave so much trash it takes a wind storm to flush it into the Sea LOL double standards? Mexican Law! bullshit

JimMcG

i must admit it is a bit weird being the redneck that wants to have his damn Atv on the playa annoying everyone else.For setting up a sun shade,bringing down the mini weber you plan on using while grilling the Corvina you plan on catching with the rusted 3/4 oz cast master stuck on your handlebars( if you take time to stop playing your beach game
you make your long suffering friends play)it is a good tool.my old Honda rancher just keeps on going..

View attachment 6659
That surely pales in comparison to those with high rider pickups traveling at max speed up and down the beach.:D

But come on down to Sandy Beach for Semana Santa and watch the Locals ride all over up and down and across that beach leave so much trash it takes a wind storm to flush it into the Sea LOL double standards? Mexican Law! bullshit
You are in there country,Leigh Either you love it or Leave. Don"t have to except it

jerry

OK so if they come to your Beach race up and down leave trash almost run over you it is OK because it is their country no RESPECT!!! I still say BULLSHIT.
Hillboy...you have a good spirt but if you ever came to Lees place on Easter you will laugh at your comment

jerry

Note in Lobos where a lot of the action happens my friends sort of own the land ...suckered out of their money by con man extraordinaire Peter Hartwig they sit between the burning dump and the beach...it really is beautiful in a Monet sort of way.....I love Lobos!

You know I have been coming down since 1963 have seen and done it all raised kids including myself! We can not go back in time but if it were possible I sure the hell would like to try. Love Cholla Sandy beach the Sandy Hill. Black Mt. and most of all thefriends I have met over the many years thank you all. I just wanted to say something positive. Now I can sleep better.