Sandy Beach Jetty Construction

VegasDude

Well, ..........its stopped. Trucks are not running. Dozers are not moving rock. According to the workman at the site that I spoke to , the truck drivers haven't been paid in a month, so they stopped. The tractor drivers were still working a couple of days ago but they too have stopped. They were digging out the rock in the center of the jetty because of an oil spill from the trucks but even that has stopped. Kinda quiet now. Somebody needs to pay these folks so they can continue.

mis2810

Well Known Member
We were on the beach almost all day yesterday and no, nothing was happening. But, there were tons of huge brown jellyfish in the water. Big ones - some the size of basketballs. Never have seen that before. Is that normal for this time of year?

5 or 6 dolphins yesterday as well. It was beautiful!

wildtoucan

Well Known Member
I sure hope this gets resolved....seems like a lot of $$$ is being "spent" around town and hopefully there is enough to pay for it all.

Never seen jelly fish this time of year but i have also not gone in it. Sounds like there has been some strange ocean " phenomenons" going on down there these past few months.

How awesome you are seeing so many dolphins.....i want to be there!

brokenwave

Well Known Member
Is SBR involved with this project ??
If so, I hope it's not like other SBR projects.
There is a long trail of unpaid vendors and potential condo owners without anything.
I really hope that isn't the case.

Kenny

Well Known Member
They were digging out the rock in the center of the jetty because of an oil spill from the trucks but even that has stopped.
The center as in where they drive as they go to the end to drop their load? No kidding, the equipment is so bad it's leaking that much oil?
Wow, if they are so concerned about the pollution at this stage of the game that they are already removing what they've just laid down; well you can finish that sentence.

Miakko

Well Known Member
Not good news:( we were over there Friday and there were no trucks running either just a couple of dozers moving boulders around. Don't know who is in charge of paying these drivers but they should be paid asap so they can get back to work.

VegasDude

Jogged by there this morning, Gates are closed and locked. Nobody around. Trucks and dozers are gone.

We saw the 5 or 6 dolphins. ..........and there were about 50 or 60 0ther ones with them. Lotsa dolphins everyday now.

dmcauley

Well Known Member
The local truckers are pissed off because they are using out of state personnel to do the work. It would not be a bad idea to keep some of the money local

BP314

We heard that there was a "sink hole" that occurred in the pier. They had to shut down to make repairs to that. At least that's the latest "story"......

Kenny

Well Known Member
We heard that there was a "sink hole" that occurred in the pier. They had to shut down to make repairs to that. At least that's the latest "story"......
A sink hole on our fishing Jetty? Now that's what I call progress.:D

Landshark

Well Known Member
The only thing we have established is the shutdown is due to a hole. A sink hole, an oil spill hole, or an a-hole. I tend to believe it's due to the a-hole that hasn't paid the workers.

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
Let me hear all the cheerleaders saying this is good for the Rocky Point citizens! Where's Mikeheadinthesand and Eric?!

jerry

Well Known Member
Joe I was thinking the Jetty as it sits could be good for one of those Evel Knieval style stunts for spring break.Maybe a van stuffed with real estate professionals driven by a dare devil tourism booster clad in a Mexican Flag jump suit all chanting " now is a good time to buy" as the flaming extended van arched toward the sea......

Pinky

Joe I was thinking the Jetty as it sits could be good for one of those Evel Knieval style stunts for spring break.Maybe a van stuffed with real estate professionals driven by a dare devil tourism booster clad in a Mexican Flag jump suit all chanting " now is a good time to buy" as the flaming extended van arched toward the sea......
This would make for an excellent closing ceremony to Boomer Fest Days!

HILL BOY

Well Known Member
Latest rumor running out of rock waiting to get a blasting permit also drivers not being paid the guy who signs the checks is not around. So who got the money???

tequilatodd

Well Known Member
Latest rumor running out of rock waiting to get a blasting permit also drivers not being paid the guy who signs the checks is not around. So who got the money???
Running out of rock? I had asked in a different thread where all the rock was coming from and someone said it was plentiful. Guess not.