Semana Santa

garyd

Went out last night and was astounded by the number of people out and about. Traffic was backed up on every street trying to head to the port. I have never seen this many people at one time in PP having so much fun. Anyone have any idea how many people in twn this wekend?

Kelney

If it was anything like when I was down for Semana Santa my guess would be about a million. At least it seemed that many.

S

Submarine

Hah! You guys should count people for liberal political rallies. Seeing that the population of RP is around 45,000 it would probably be overly generous to state that double that number are visiting.

garyd

Hah! You guys should count people for liberal political rallies. Seeing that the population of RP is around 45,000 it would probably be overly generous to state that double that number are visiting.
Please don't swear at me by calling me a liberal!!

S

Submarine

I apologize profusely. I should have said "Progressive" LOL.

jerry

Sub.. us liberals will keep your union rights , high pay and we value your work
I just was down at the fishing camp South of Las Dunas eating goat and drinking Mescal...holy jesus those Mexicans do party in honor of the big guy in the sky that messes with us all...not sure how i got the old mountain bike back to my mud hut

S

Submarine

Sub.. us liberals will keep your union rights , high pay and we value your work
I just was down at the fishing camp South of Las Dunas eating goat and drinking Mescal...holy jesus those Mexicans do party in honor of the big guy in the sky that messes with us all...not sure how i got the old mountain bike back to my mud hut
I wish that were true Jerry but I have yet to see it. I think the Liberals just pay lip service to Labor for votes then forget all about us. Our contract is up in 2012 so both parties will be courting the Teamsters should we be on strike in August.
I saw a lot of Democrats vote for the tax on "cadillac" insurance plans of which I think mine more than qualifies. Doctors compliment me on my insurance plan, usually saying "WOW, you have really good insurance!". I think they secretly wish I would get sick more often.

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
Yeah, that "million" people is exactly why I didn't go down this weekend. While, for Rocky Point's sake, I'm pleased there is a big turnout, I prefer the weekends when the place is like a ghost town. I even go in August for that reason - when I could crash an ultralite or jetski on the beach 100 times and not hit a living soul!! <snicker>

Funny Stuart... it took me 35 minutes to get to the malecon from la bajada (municipal boat ramp) yesterday just before noon...

jerry

Boy the weather is nice...a new neighbor lauched his new boat from the beach...i think we are going to be great friends!