shooting?

azfish

Time to lift the band on carrying concealed weapons in Mexico, seams like the government guys dont want to use their guns, its up to the citizens to protect their own life.

lv2bgoing

I was there at CJ's just seconds before all this took place. I seen it happen but then hit the deck to avoid bullet in my body. I will try to attach pictures not sure if I know how to do that or not.DSC00012.jpgDSC00019.jpgDSC00018.jpg

lv2bgoing

Not a rumor happened on the corner of calle 13 and the marina rd. CJ's cantina at 4:15 Saturday i posted pictures in an earlier post today.

I was wondering why there was a roadblock Sat. morning when I came down. It was a few miles outside town...and they were checking every vehicle coming in and going out. A little late?????

RPGal

In regards to your bullet proof vest you are selling.....What about your head? lol

Last edited:

dmcauley

• Lv2bgoing22
  • Mar-06 @ 7:40 PM
  • Report abuse
    Read this in the AZ Republic on line, This is what is sad about these shootings. It was a comment on stories "should we let the kids go to RP"
I was in Rocky Point this weekend and in the past week there have been 2 gun shootouts in the streets.
I was on the corner of Calle 13 and the marina road when 2 trucks crashed and jumped out and shot at each other with machine guns about 100 rounds. I was right there when it happened. it made me want to come home right then. The group i was with we all hit floor and praying none of would get hit by any stray bullets. it was like being in the movies. I hope they get all the violent drug wars under control. I was just glad no one got killed.

Read more: http://www.azcentral.com/community/pinal/articles/2011/03/02/20110302rocky-point-spring-break-safety-sev.html#ixzz1Fw57r297

lv2bgoing

Did the army or police fire off any shots, also was there shots only from the jeep?
The police did nothing. No gunfire from the police. there were 3 police standing right there and almost got ran over by the white truck.
The police hit the ground so they would not be hit with gun fire.

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
I counted about 30 bullet holes in that picture of the white truck alone. Wow; that's some serious lead flying around!

azfish

Anyone know the body count? If any stray lead hit anyone? Maybe its time to send Joe A. and the posy down there.

BIG MAC

I was at the Pinacate Condos when it happened and went to speak with a couple of friends (who were witnesses to the shooting) about an hour after it happened. Both said that only the man in the truck was hit who then ran to the beach where he collapsed and was then transported to th hospital in an ambulance. Extremely fortunate that no one else was hit considering the amount of people that were in the area for the car show.

There have been rumors, that I have not been able to confirm, that the gunmen went to the hospital and finished the wounded man off shortly after he was delivered to the hospital. With the police and military respone to the scene it woulde be very disconcerting if they went directly to the hospital, killed the man, and still got away. Can anyone confirm if that actually happened ?

After it happened it was amazing how quickly Calle 13 returned to a "business as usual" status. For my part it does not deter me from returning to enjoy PP. But a daytime shooting in a tourist area is very bad indeed.

I was down this weekend but had no idea anything like this had happened until I returned home and read it here on the forum. We did not go to Carnival, nor get anywhere near Calle 13. I don't fear going down to RP at all and go all the time, however, I would not attend public events or gatherings there specifically because this may happen and the stray bullet theory.

jerry

maybe if the navy wasn't wasting time on fishing licenses and been patrolling this wouldn't have happened...boots on the ground....