Somebody's Gonna Be Pissed!

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
Heard on the news about FIVE TONS of pot being busted in Penasco yesterday. Can't seem to find a link to the story anywhere yet. (No, this isn't the small time thugs they busted in the hotel this week.)
Somewhere, there's a drug lord that is really, really PO'd right now! :puff:

This was on the news last night. Interesting video -- they cite catching 14 pounds of black tar heroin inside the driveshaft of a vehicle.

When they start mechanically disassembling my truck because a dope dog sniffed some cat pee on a tire, that's when I quit going!! :cluck:

jerry

Sort of strange to see these busts mid growing season(at best) usually the first full moon in October brings Tucson Car dealers loads of guys with fistfulls of cash after the the best of the harvest crosses....(note November is a good time to sell anything in Tucson to these guys)...August 1 i bet it's last years crop ..hell who smokes Mexican weed anymore anyways?

lagrimas85

AKA Carnac
One night coming home from Ajo, I exited I-8 at highway 84 south of Maricopa, this is close to where the Pinal County deputy claimed he was shot, there were 3 bales of marijuana laying on the bridge, like they had been tossed, if they were the standard ,20 kilo packs the back packers carry at 500.00 a pound wholesale with those little packs, you could buy a 3 bedroom 2 bath house in Maricopa. Its amazing, because the crap grows like a weed and those three packs would fit in the trunk of any car and the proceeds will buy you a house. I was also smart enough to know if they were thrown from a car, the car was being chased, the bails were left lying with authorities watching to see who would scoop them up.

Last edited:

Roberto

One night coming home from Ajo, I exited I-8 at highway 84 south of Maricopa, this is close to where the Pinal County deputy claimed he was shot, there were 3 bales of marijuana laying on the bridge, like they had been tossed, if they were the standard ,20 kilo packs the back packers carry at 500.00 a pound wholesale with those little packs, you could buy a 3 bedroom 2 bath house in Maricopa. Its amazing, because the crap grows like a weed and those three packs would fit in the trunk of any car and the proceeds will buy you a house. I was also smart enough to know if they were thrown from a car, the car was being chased, the bails were left lying with authorities watching to see who would scoop them up.
Now I know why you have that hook and rope rig in your car !!

MIRAMAR

Someone is REALLY mad: (if someone can do a better translation- great, otherwise, here it is)
A U.S. couple was caught on Tuesday August 2 in possession of 3.7 million dollars in the customs of Sonoyta. The money was transported in a suitcase, according to the customs authorities.

The information leaked is that the American couple traveling from Tijuana to the south city.

The couple and money were seized by customs officials immediately and forwarded to the Federal Public Ministry to do a proper investigation and determine responsibilities.

This aseguramientio totaling nearly five million policyholders at the office of Sonoyta because a little over a week was confiscated over a million dollars to another person when traveling in passenger transport.

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=es&u=http://www.numerounoonline.com/&ei=bb0pTurrFpD6swPumKDFCg&sa=X&oi=translate&ct=result&resnum=1&ved=0CCcQ7gEwAA&prev=/search?q=numerounoonline&hl=en&prmd=ivns

mis2810

Good! I hope this gets local Phoenix and Tucson coverage so that all the big mouths can see that it's not just Mexicans and than Americans are involved in this too!

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
Kind of the purpose of my original post... stuff like this happens and the hit men get sent in to clean the matter up and deliver cartel "justice." Heads roll. Literally. Not only did they lose the load, but lost the cash, too! Phew, 3.7 mil is an elephant-ton of cash!

Cheerleaders? Where forth art thou? <cricket chirps>

Yeah, I'm poking y'all a bit with a stick (but only in fun). A bust like this says a WHOLE LOT about how a big a player Penasco actually is in the drug trade. It would be a huge bust anywhere; the fact it went down in little ol' perfectly safe Penasco raises some serious questions. We ain't talkin' about a dime bag of mota being sold to some gringo on Calle 13. The organization required to move that kind of tonnage and handle that kind of cash speaks big cartel business.

Yeah, I just said that. I'm open for debate; prove me wrong.

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
Americans are involved in this too!
Wanna place any bets that they were A) paid pigeons (white tourist gringos), or B) Mexican Americans working for the cartel? Article doesn't say one way or another at this point, but as always, there's more to the story!

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
... this is the story with picures.... 5 tons in two finds in PP cars with Tijuana plates.

So Americans with Cash caught at the Border and the the suppliers rounded up.... some one squealed and is in big trouble.

http://defrente.com.mx/2011/08/da-dos-golpes-el-ejercito-aseguran-mas-de-5-toneladas-de-mota-armas-y-pertrechos/
From the article - "The military elements of the 45th military zone 21 Motorized Cavalry Regiment secured in the building 2180 kilos of the evil weed, 3 AK-47 cal. 7.62 × 39 mm, 1 R-15 rifle cal. .223 ", 1 7.62 mm caliber pistol, 4, 016 cartridges of different calibers, 25 magazines of different types

The "evil weed" part just made me chuckle. Shades of "Reefer Madness," if you will. Scary is not so much even the weapons, but enough ammo for a small war!!! Over 4,000 rounds and 25 magazines? Phewww, that's some serious carnage off the streets.

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
I'll bite a little.

What questions does it raise? How there is such a demand in the USA for drugs that people everywhere are trying to supply it? Or the fact that local authorities busted this one and it didnt make it to the USA? Or that nobody involved in this deal was innocent?

The marines came to my door the other day to ask if I have seen anything suspicious in the hood. They went door to door and you know what? It makes me very comfortable to know that they are active in their job. They want to make sure I am OK, they want to know if I have anything they might go on. They are not just a show, they are working on this huge problem. Its a different picture from this side of the line than what you are fed. Scary? No.... very much the contrary.

I am always amused when folks living in a place (any place) will point out things in their neighbors yard yet deny that their house is a mess. The fact that there are less massive bust in the states is also a cause for concern. Mexico is not the market for this stuff. That just means it is going undetected or being "allowed" to move around with impunity in the states.....probably not though because we all know how clean it is in the states.

Bite taken not hungry anymore!

Last edited:

mis2810

Wanna place any bets that they were A) paid pigeons (white tourist gringos), or B) Mexican Americans working for the cartel? Article doesn't say one way or another at this point, but as always, there's more to the story!
Truth be told, I'm hoping they're whiter than snow.

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
Of course, Russ. What questions does it raise?

A) When will the bullets fly over this? The fact that YOU HAVE ARMED MARINES cruisin' your 'hood speaks volumes by itself! I know, nothing to see here, move along.

B) Oh yes, it's all us pot-smokin junkie US citizens dying for our fix. Blame it on us. NOT the criminal organizations in Mexico that organize and push this stuff over the border because there's money to be made off addiction. 10 years ago, I would of agreed with you on the "it's not Mexicans doing the drugs." Don't kid yourself. Unfortunately, Mexico has nearly as big an addiction problem today as the US, especially in the meth dept. And there's plenty of them smoking the mota, too.

C) I never said the States were clean. The cartels have people working for them here, too. They've infiltrated DPS, DMV, and other law enforcement organizations here in AZ and I would assume in many other places in the country. There were just a couple big busts of this nature here in Phoenix. Those "moles" are there to provide information and to do exactly as you say -- help make sure those loads move anywhere the cartel wants them.

Anyway, my goal here is NOT to tear down Penasco. I love the place. I don't want to see it turn into another Acapulco. You couldn't pay me to go on vacation in Acapulco right now. Why? Too many bodies hitting the floor. Worse yet? It's kids committing the most horrific crimes -- 18, 19 year old kids with no morals, no conscience and no souls. As you said about the clams -- the lure of easy money.

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
Truth be told, I'm hoping they're whiter than snow.
And what vindication does THAT buy you?? That white people are as susceptible to easy money as Mexican people? Sheesh! Does it even really matter if they're freakin' green? Why no, no it doesn't. The cartels would pay purple people if they thought they could get the cash over the border undetected.

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
The debate is much larger than what got busted in Peñasco versus what got busted in Phoenix, or how much cash or how many guns make their way here with or with out the USA's blessing. (cough)

I for one would no problem going to Acapulco right now, your comment is another example of over blowing and over generalization. When something happens in a hood off the beaten track it has nothing to do with the everyday populace anymore than a shooting in South Phoenix and someone altering their travel plans to Scottsdale or North Phoenix or Glendale or wherever. Thank goodness we have reporters to publish everything that happens so that we can make our decisions based on that even though it has noting to do with us. Gotta work on the kitchen ----later

mis2810

And what vindication does THAT buy you?? That white people are as susceptible to easy money as Mexican people? Sheesh! Does it even really matter if they're freakin' green? Why no, no it doesn't. The cartels would pay purple people if they thought they could get the cash over the border undetected.
It matters to me because I'm sick of the Mexicans being the scapegoat for everthing in this country. I'm not even Mexican! Ever read the comments at the end of a Yahoo article? Mexicans get blamed for it raining too hard!

mis2810

This is off topic, but I'm just trying to make a point. I made the mistake of going to WalMart this past Monday after work - the 1st of the month. I live in an average middle class to upper middle class neighborhood, but it's the only Walmart for a good distance and close to a crummier neighborhood.

I have never in my life seen so many people using food stamps as I did the other day. Yeah, yeah, unemployment is at 8+% - no jobs, blah, blah. Yes, I'm going to bring up the same old argument: "Rather than bilking the government for welfare, why don't these lazy people go clean toilets at all the resorts in Scottsdale? Why aren't they out mowing lawns? Because it's so easy to be a lazy American, that's why. But those same lazy Americans are the ones who talk about "the Mexican boogeyman" who is taking all of "their" jobs.

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
Stu said "B) Oh yes, it's all us pot-smokin junkie US citizens dying for our fix. Blame it on us. NOT the criminal organizations in Mexico that organize and push this stuff over the border because there's money to be made off addiction. 10 years ago, I would of agreed with you on the "it's not Mexicans doing the drugs." Don't kid yourself. Unfortunately, Mexico has nearly as big an addiction problem today as the US, especially in the meth dept. And there's plenty of them smoking the mota, too."

Thats not true. The USA imports 4/5ths of all production south of the border. Its not he same. Door to door questions wouldn't be such a bad idea in the USA either, just cause its different doesn't make it scary.

One more thing, you never have to "push" when there is a vacuum (demand) its automatic at that point as an unsealed vacuum is Always satisfied.

Last edited:

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
Door to door questions wouldn't be such a bad idea in the USA either, just cause its different doesn't make it scary.
It doesn't? The day an armed Marine comes to my door to ask me questions, there damn well better be a war going on or major natural disaster! Given the way this country is being run right into the ground, that might be sooner that I like to think. But if you're okay with the military being the police because no one can trust the police, well, that's your deal.