Sonoyta Bridge?

caligal

Sonoyta Safety Department - somewhat of an oxymoron
I was thinking the same thing! Despite their declaration, on the Senoyta Detours Update FB page, there are reports of semi trucks being allowed to cross, as well as a woman who says she just got through in an SUV. The info is so conflicting, it's hard to know what's actually going on.

Kenny

He was coming down Jack and he decided not to wait and turned around and went back home. He was still wondering when he called me if he'd done the right thing, and after reading all these conflicting reports, who in the hell knows.LOL

GV Jack

Snorin God
He was coming down Jack and he decided not to wait and turned around and went back home. He was still wondering when he called me if he'd done the right thing, and after reading all these conflicting reports, who in the hell knows.LOL
That surprises me because he usually comes through Nogales to get there. He usually goes back through Lukeville.

Wonderful. Oh, but now there's an end-of-the-world-looking storm coming into Penasco. So will hunker down for now, and hope for continued access tomorrow.

surfcaster

Tom the Surfcaster
I was just perusing the forum to see what's new before I head down next week to Tomas. I see this thread I started last May has had a long and active life. The Facebook page has a great photo of Rio Sonoyta flowing wide and muddy. Last posts there said everything is open as of today. I guess I have been MIA again. Bummer about Jerry getting banned. I hope he can be rehabilitated someday.

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
Bummer about Jerry getting banned. I hope he can be rehabilitated someday.
We all do.

He's got 16 days to go, but will probably get a few days off his sentence for good behavior while in Banned Camp and helping all those Boy Scouts earn their merit badges in whittling.

surfcaster

Tom the Surfcaster
Wow, Stuart, I should have assumed you would have a comprehensive rehabilitation program for first time offenders! I hope the Boy Scouts are safe.

GV Jack

Snorin God
Meanwhile back to the detour deal. Does anyone know where that wash, creek, river originates?

I would think one could predict the crossability by watching the radar rainfall upstream and get a
pretty good snapshot of what will be going on there in the next few hours or even days.

For example, the only rain anywhere near Sonoyta is over in the Yuma area and it's been raining
for a few days over there. There is nothing north to speak of but a bunch around Green Valley and
Tucson right now. There is quite a bit of rain around Nogales and a few showers around Lobos.

If it's coming from the west, then I suspect that water will be running for quite a while yet.

All conjecture but something to think about on a boring no golf Monday.

PS: Surfer...you might want to check the culprit's record, if admissable. Not his first offense.:jerry:

:rofl: But who's counting.

Does anyone know if the bridge on the Mexican highway (Hwy 2) between San Luis and Sonoyta has re-opened?

I recall seeing some photos of it partially collapsed back about 3 weeks ago, and that was why all the trucks were going by way of the coast highway through Penasco.