Sonoyta Bridge?

Thanks to the link to the wunderground link posted here, we postponed our trip down from Thursday afternoon to friday morning. I watched the storm hang over sonoyta for an hour and said..nope manana. Crossed about 10am on fri without problems, they were just getting the rest of the wash out of the road south of Why as we went thru there. (MP70). Sunday morning at the detour they had a crew out clearing the debris from the culverts on the upstream and a backhoe dumping asphalt in the low spots on the edges. the water was still just cresting the pavement. Again thanks to the weather link, we got down safe, took care of business and pleasure and are new happy owners of a piece of Playa Encanto.

Also heading down this weekend so any reports would be nice. In the mean time, found this link. Shows watershed data for Rio Sonoyta North of border at 2 data stations. Now if someone can figure out how that correlates to wash in Sonoyta we would be able to forecast flows. The things we do to get to paradise......haha

Arizona Flood Warning and Drought Monitoring

garyd

Also heading down this weekend so any reports would be nice. In the mean time, found this link. Shows watershed data for Rio Sonoyta North of border at 2 data stations. Now if someone can figure out how that correlates to wash in Sonoyta we would be able to forecast flows. The things we do to get to paradise......haha

Arizona Flood Warning and Drought Monitoring
Crossed at 12:30 this afternoon road fine just a lot of pot holes and trucks. Police directing traffic. Good flow of traffic water low

Any updates on the road in Sonoyta from anyone traveling through today (Friday Sept 7) would be appreciated. Heading down later this afternoon from Phoenix. Forecast looks like lots of rain for most of the day...

Miakko

We're planning on heading down around 6pm tonight so any updates on road conditions/flooding would be appreciated. Thanks:)

Came down yesterday, Miakko. Dry roads -- Even at the Sonyta bridge ("ford"). A new military checkpoint on the south end, enroute to Penasco, and then the usual checkpoint north of Penasco at the intersection. All is well.

bailey

The border is closed until further notice as of this morning.....posted by a few rocky point sites on facebook

Fed gov't website still shows border open?
You can always call the border station.....

Port Information
Port Code:2602
Location Address:Highway 85 & Border
Lukeville, AZ 85341
Mailing Address:PO Box C
Lukeville, AZ 85341
General Phone:(520) 387-5671
General Fax:(520) 387-5309
Operational Hours:6:00 AM-12:00 PM(Mountain)
Seven Days A Week (7)
Description:A Port of Entry is any designated place at which a CBP officer is authorized to accept entries of merchandise to collect duties, and to enforce the various provisions of the customs and navigation laws (19 CFR 101.1).

Jim

The border is open but the bridge is flooded. I had to run to the post office today and didn't make it. I did see lots of cars and trucks waiting around. I did see water flowing over their dumb little detour bridge. I did not see anything else out of the ordinary in Sonoyta. I hope to go again tomorrow as I really need to get to Lukeville ASAP. Please continue to post if you have updated information on the flooding situation. It looked like rain building this afternoon so I really hope that it is passable tomorrow.