Tequila

I definately vouch for the tequilla factory. We make a stop each time we go down. Their basic blanco, anejo, reposado are very good. For an overall tequilla experience with a reasonably priced bottle; it is pretty tough to beat.

I'll say hello to Fernando for all you guys.....I need to pick up a bottle of the Almond Tequila for a friend.....they had run out the last time I was there.....

joester

2 salty dawgs
bought a bottle of the "Kirkland" (costco) brand anejo on Friday.
23.99 for a liter, and is marked "extra aged" - not sure if this falls into the
"extra anejo" catagory or not.
smooth, but very full with lots of flavor - almost overpowering, but not bitter at all, just a VERY full, robust taste.
I'm trying to think of another anejo to compare it to - perhaps the Jose Cuervo La Reserva, but smoother than that, but with as full a taste as the La Reserva, no kidding.
made a fine papaya/pineapple margarita batch.....
darn bottle must have a leak in it - it was gone Sat afternoon :)

bought a bottle of the "Kirkland" (costco) brand anejo on Friday.
23.99 for a liter, and is marked "extra aged" - not sure if this falls into the
"extra anejo" catagory or not.
smooth, but very full with lots of flavor - almost overpowering, but not bitter at all, just a VERY full, robust taste.
I'm trying to think of another anejo to compare it to - perhaps the Jose Cuervo La Reserva, but smoother than that, but with as full a taste as the La Reserva, no kidding.
made a fine papaya/pineapple margarita batch.....
darn bottle must have a leak in it - it was gone Sat afternoon :)
Saw they also have a pre-mixed margarita....may try it, since I suck at making a margarita that I like.....I have wasted so much good booze trying various recipes....

I want to buy a bottle of flavored Tequila for a co-worker, but I can't remember what flavors they had when I was in there a few weeks ago. I'm not a Tequila fan at all, but the Tequila Factory with Fernando as our host was so cool. I did try a couple of the flavors.....................but like I said, not a fan. Although, I did like the Rocky Point Sunrise. But anyway, I'd like to know what flavors are available right now.............we'll be there Friday morning (RP, not the Factory!!). Let me know ASAP, so I can find out what flavor she'd prefer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oops, or was it called the Rocky Point Sunset????????.........................(and I had not been drinking before we went there, this is just a sign of old age, LOL!!)

Last edited:
We purchased the Raspberry Tequila, great taste. Made raspberry jelly shiots too and no one turned them down!

My favorite was the Pina Colada Tequila. Tasted others but on the mixed drinks we would have to purchase 3 different kinds and the budget
could not handle it on that trip. I will be prepared when we visit the next time!

Sunshine

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
Darn bottle must have a leak in it- it was gone Sat afternoon

I just hate it when that happens...........LOL!

I want to buy a bottle of flavored Tequila for a co-worker, but I can't remember what flavors they had when I was in there a few weeks ago. I'm not a Tequila fan at all, but the Tequila Factory with Fernando as our host was so cool. I did try a couple of the flavors.....................but like I said, not a fan. Although, I did like the Rocky Point Sunrise. But anyway, I'd like to know what flavors are available right now.............we'll be there Friday morning (RP, not the Factory!!). Let me know ASAP, so I can find out what flavor she'd prefer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oops, or was it called the Rocky Point Sunset????????.........................(and I had not been drinking before we went there, this is just a sign of old age, LOL!!)
It was Rocky Point Sunset.....they have the following flavors....coffee, caramel, piña colada, almond, raspberry, apple, pomegranate, quince and peach. I prefer the coffee/caramel/almond concoctions that Fernando comes up with!!!!

Hey Manny...can I get your new offer retroactive?.......

Tequila Factory Hey! We got a new special.
Every time you buy a bottle of Tequila of the Manny's Beach Club brand, you get 2 free margaritas at Manny's Beach Club. So stop by, stock up and get your free drink tickets

S

SolScorpion

Yes, Vasquez is great. They even help pick good quality Tequilla in the price range of interest. They take Visa too. It is on the Left as you turn on main road to RP.

mondone

Whitecaps
Reposado (rested) is aged for a period of time.
Añejo (old?) is aged longer, and should be smoother, but may assume a whisky character.
I prefer a white tequila such as Orendain for margaritas. We all have our own preferences.
We prefer the Orendain also for margaritas. First had it in a margarita in Cabo, outdoor bar below Cabo Wabo .

sryoder

Cortez Cruiser
Fprget the store-bought stuff. Go to Mickey's in Puerto Viejo and buy a liter of his homemade stuff. He'll fill one of those plastic mescal bottles from the barrel. Smoothest tequila I've ever had. Going back for more today as we'll be leaving Puerto Peñasco and Mickey's behind soon.

mondone

Whitecaps
I have Mickeys stuff, but thats for drinking straight. I actually prefer the Orendain for margaritas.