Thanksgiving weekend roll call...

A

azbeachboy

It looks like we can add another neighbor with a patio over her trailer. Maybe by turkey day we'll have the whole back end of the trailer park.

Mentiras y Traición

Sonoran Goddess
It looks like we can add another neighbor with a patio over her trailer. Maybe by turkey day we'll have the whole back end of the trailer park.
I wish we could have our house back by Turkey Day. Everybody would fit! I would put Kenny and Grim across from each other and sell tickets!

Chuck what about plates and utencils? should I carve the bird at home or leave it to be carved down there? :chef: so much to do... busy... busy... busy...

Kenny

I wish we could have our house back by Turkey Day. Everybody would fit! I would put Kenny and Grim across from each other and sell tickets!
Just for the record.. Chuck and I have been having Thanksgiving together, for what CHuck, the last four years? Wow, yep four years, I think.

A

azbeachboy

Just for the record.. Chuck and I have been having Thanksgiving together, for what CHuck, the last four years? Wow, yep four years, I think.
Kenny this will make four years. It seems to get bigger and better every year.
Seadweller,
Chuck what about plates and utencils? should I carve the bird at home or leave it to be carved down there? :chef: so much to do... busy... busy... busy...
I think Bill Hale brought the paper plates last year. I have some plastic utencils, I won't know until later if I have enough. I will have 3 or 4 six foot plastic tables. I'm sure we'll need more this year. People will need to bring their own chairs. Mark,you can carve the bird at home or my place.
I'm felling hungry...

Kenny

Chuck, should I bring back that carving knife you threw at me last year?:eek: I found it in the Jeep when I got home, and I've only used it once since.:p

fasteddy

Any chance of dropping in for a beer to meet everyone? I will be down but already have dinner plans but would like to meet some people

Don't you just love it when things come together. Bring BEER, food, BOOZ, chairs and a happy face. Shade if you have one ! It was warm for a while last year but only before a few beers.
How about on an update on who is bringing what. Put it on an Excel work sheet attachment and it can be revised by anyone as they add stuff.

Peanut Oil

If anyone is planning on deep frying some turkeys (or even hams), Peanut Oil at Sams Club is $33.88 for a 35 lb. container(about 5 gal). I recall last year paying somewhere around $54.

Previous years, I've filtered the oil and was able to reuse it on Christmas for more deep frying.

A

azbeachboy

I have had problems deep fying because I tend to blow 30 amp breakers. Last year I plugged into a empty spot and still blew the breaker. As far as Jim's propane set up, I haven't down propane in years.
I have a nice, big electric roaster that cooks a very juicy turkey.
I still have three more trips down before turkey day!

Last edited by a moderator:
P

Penasco Pirate

I think someone here might now an eletrician??????? I can get enough power just about any where to fry myself and the turkey!

A

azbeachboy

In San Juan trailer park I had a true 50 amp spot. It was beautiful I could run what ever I wanted. In San Rafael I have a 30 amp spot with a 50 amp breaker. I really don't want to start a fire. I have two A/C units and a washer,dryer,oven,water heater and all the little things on my electric supply. I don't have anything on propane.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mentiras y Traición

Sonoran Goddess
I'm here already, do I count... on another note... is anyone coming down for Halloween?

if so, bring your kids (or adults are encouraged to act like one) we usually have a party at our house to give out candy to the kids... we also play games like pin the tail on the burro...

there will be hot dogs and soda for the kids and a keg of beer for the adults...

so if you're planning on coming down for Halloween we'd love to have ya join us... :sunny:

costumes are suggested but not manditory (kenny your fish scaring costume is banned) :-o

Sea, Halloween is the day of the cancer walk in town to raise funds for the hospice. If people can't make the walk, they can still donate....

joester

2 salty dawgs
Thanksgiving

hey now -
Teri and I are confirmed -looking forward to seeing everyone again!
we brought the heavy plates last year - can do that again.
can also bring heavy plastic knives and forks - just say so!
seems like my pico de gallo was a bit wimpy for everyone last year - so I'll skip that. thinking of a new batch of margs to bring - not sure which flavor - I think last year it was pomegranite.....
we'll be bringing a friend along - Michele - she'll fit right in!
what else can we bring?