The Elephant in the Room...THE WALL

Hey Jerry...............

Feb 6 was almost one year ago!

How about today?

Anyway, the word is on the streets here in Yuma that a lot of people are gearing up to get outa Dodge and head back to Mexico ASAP before the roundup starts and they might have to do some jail time in the USA before being officially deported. That of course means a lot of unhappy campers with really bad attitudes ending up just over the border. I've already experienced it first hand almost every time down in PP and started carrying an Illinois Slugger and a tomahawk in my vehicles. Last year I had to pull out the bat twice.

JJ

My buddies gass up today no problem but around Feb 6 ....watch out...nationwide protests and attempts to block terminals......worse places to be stuck is the silver lining
Can you expound on this Jerry? Planning to come down Super Bowl weekend and drive back Monday, which is... you guessed it- Feb 6! If there are planned protests that day or weekend I wanna be prepared...

Hey Jerry...............

How about today?

Anyway, the word is on the streets here in Yuma that a lot of people are gearing up to get outa Dodge and head back to Mexico ASAP before the roundup starts and they might have to do some jail time in the USA before being officially deported. That of course means a lot of unhappy campers with really bad attitudes ending up just over the border. I've already experienced it first hand almost every time down in PP and started carrying an Illinois Slugger and a tomahawk in my vehicles. Last year I had to pull out the bat twice.

JJ
Unfortunately you may be right, JJ- my cousin is Phoenix PD and orders for years have been to not turn over any suspected "undocumented" persons to ICE if stopped for pretty much anything except serious violent or major drug crimes- which is usually irrelevant anyway since they would probably not be able to make bail for such crimes.

But a DUI? Free to go and rip up court appearance. Theft/Vandalism? Ditto. Spousal abuse? Yessiree. If this policy changes Mexico could be flooded with deportees that while they may not be hardcore violent criminals, they are not the "best and brightest" either...

Could be a wild ride...

I think that the City of Phoenix is probably having an emergency meeting as I write this. Phoenix is a SANCTUARY CITY which is why your cousin has to put up with that crap and why Sheriff Joe is still in hot water. Part of The Donald's plan is to cut all federal funding for any municipality, town, city, county or state that claims sanctuary for the criminals.

We shall soon see how this plays out, but I feel a full blown shit storm a brewing.

JJ

jerry

Unfortunately you may be right, JJ- my cousin is Phoenix PD and orders for years have been to not turn over any suspected "undocumented" persons to ICE if stopped for pretty much anything except serious violent or major drug crimes- which is usually irrelevant anyway since they would probably not be able to make bail for such crimes.

But a DUI? Free to go and rip up court appearance. Theft/Vandalism? Ditto. Spousal abuse? Yessiree. If this policy changes Mexico could be flooded with deportees that while they may not be hardcore violent criminals, they are not the "best and brightest" either...

Could be a wild ride...
Buffalo...some of our members and exmembers who left because we hinted around about their troubles in the states can give them some tips....town had many fleeing child support,duis and worse..

jerry

Hey Jerry...............

How about today?

JJ
. Stay safe...after my threatened demise at the hands of some real estate hustler last year ( his messengers had business related complications) the idea of getting jacked up by some Haitian in a Sonoyta parking lot would be a demeaning way to go out..we are not in the right place at the right time sums it up!

jerry

Can you expound on this Jerry? Planning to come down Super Bowl weekend and drive back Monday, which is... you guessed it- Feb 6! If there are planned protests that day or weekend I wanna be prepared...
My Hermosillo friends says 2-5 to 2-15. They are going to try to block gas terminals in Mexicali that serve us...border...who knows...why risk it?

jerry

I think that the City of Phoenix is probably having an emergency meeting as I write this. Phoenix is a SANCTUARY CITY which is why your cousin has to put up with that crap and why Sheriff Joe is still in hot water. Part of The Donald's plan is to cut all federal funding for any municipality, town, city, county or state that claims sanctuary for the criminals.

We shall soon see how this plays out, but I feel a full blown shit storm a brewing.

JJ
All waving his arms and tiny little hands and big talk so far....will be held up in court for years...catch and release happens because there is no room... largest protest in the history of America...not going away!

Hola Jerry..............

Today, The Don, with the stroke of a pen just made every law enforcement officer in the United States of America a Federal Immigration Officer. This includes the until now, worthless Ranger Ricks employed on every inch of federal property bordering Mexico.

We shall see where the flailing leads.

And yes, some have already seen the black clouds heading their way. As of early AM today I have seen four pickups loaded with furniture and appliances scooting off to somewhere, more than likely to those balmy Southern climes.

JJ

jerry

Hola Jerry..............

Today, The Don, with the stroke of a pen just made every law enforcement officer in the United States of America a Federal Immigration Officer. This includes the until now, worthless Ranger Ricks employed on every inch of federal property bordering Mexico.

We shall see where the flailing leads.

And yes, some have already seen the black clouds heading their way. As of early AM today I have seen four pickups loaded with furniture and appliances scooting off to somewhere, more than likely to those balmy Southern climes.

JJ
This will kill the Arizona construction boom.

azdiva

How about landscape,restaurant, hospitality, automotive trades, etc. This is serious folks, and coupled with the new minimum wage law, can't
see this ending well. Some are talking of real estate opportunities in some locals that are populated by illegals, Stay tuned! Also some analysts
are predicting 40/1 peso to $

Jerry.............

Youz a got's to be a kiddin.........................

Kill the Arizona construction boom?

Twenty five hundred miles of American Made iron rebar, thirty foot tall twenty foot thick American made concrete walls, shoot, it will be like building Boulder Dam again but fifty times over. How many American construction workers will be employed for that monumental task? How many just on Arizona's five hundred miles worth? There will be millions to be made by the civilian work force. I might even offer my companys services to relocate those elusive endangered desert Horny Toads, Chuckawallas and Scorpions for a hefty but fair fee. Arizona Ford 4x4 truck sales will explode. In fact, I just bought my 2017 Ford Raptor race truck just in case I might have to run down a few endangered Sonoran Pronghorns to catch and relocate to the Phoenix Zoo or AZ Sonora Desert Museum.

The Don announced today the the Army Corps of Engineers will be in charge of the project and to start taking bids from contractors. Any government contract of this magnitude will require the bidding contractors to have American employees available to do the work either as live bodies or immediately available with resumes.

He's also going to hire five thousand new Border Patrol agents, not to patrol the border but the interior of the USA just in case the local Barney's aren't up to the job.

The storm ain't a brewing any more. It's here NOW, so better prepare for the deluge and watch out for the bowling ball sized hail stones.

In order to circumvent the filthy lying main stream media you just might log onto the new: www.whitehouse.gov in order to get the current FACTS.

JJ

I am convinced that they are some sort of sexually deviant perverts.

They do, without a doubt "get off" on any comment we might make about them. Probably a dozen or more of them waiting for one of one as I write this. But you know, whores do get paid for their services, maybe we should get a few centavos as well?

And as a matter of FACT Stewart, they have responded to several of my posts with their gutter humor just like the "Lonely Hearts Club" they must all belong to. Avatars with waggin red tipped wieners? My my.

JJ
Yeah, Stewart, just WHERE did you find these lowlifes? Thank god you shut down the recent activity feed so I don't have to view these new member posts that have absolutely NOTHING to do with the Mexico experience.

jerry

JJ,trying to keep to specific on the ground reports....But I know it is tough as this riles people up...again...we Mexico property owners will be affected by this black swan event....but to what end? Keep your cheerleading to rants section but please post real on the ground facts....

jerry

How about landscape,restaurant, hospitality, automotive trades, etc. This is serious folks, and coupled with the new minimum wage law, can't
see this ending well. Some are talking of real estate opportunities in some locals that are populated by illegals, Stay tuned! Also some analysts
thanks az diva...more what I am going for.......here is an on the ground specific example...small scale....the California yoga/jujitsu instructor/ entrepreneur that I had spent a year doing designs,research and sourcing work on a 12 cabana retreat on a non ejido property on a small estuary just south of Desemboque just called it quits.....had a cool vision...teaching kayaking/kiteboarding,road biking the coastal highway tours using guy and girls from the Caborca bike clubs as guides,yoga and teaching a esoteric Brazilian grappling style that looks cool......anyways I spent a lot of time on this..some paid some but a lot on spec....bummed

Landshark

http://immigrationimpact.com/2016/09/21/economic-cost-deporting-undocumented-immigrants/
Mass deportation would immediately reduce the country’s Gross Domestic Product (GDP) by 2.6 percent, with an annual loss of $434 billion, and reducing cumulative GDP by $4.7 trillion over 10 years....

Landshark

Trump's latest idea on how to make Mexico pay for his wall pipe-dream is a 20% tax on all Mexican imports. So, Mexican exporters would have no choice but to raise their prices by 20% to cover costs, resulting in a 20% price increase to consumers in US. Get ready to pay for your share of the his wall...

marybna

Got back last night. Talked to a friend about going to Nogales to see dentist. We both go to Laser Dental. She told me that it is too dangerous to cross the border now. The (Natives) people on that side of the border have started taking out their anger about the wall on people going into Nogales for prescription and dental work. I have been going into Mexico since I was 2. I did not notice anyone being unkind this week in RP. But she told me there have been reports of trouble in El Paso and Nogales and TJ. I am an old lady and she got me wondering. We were thinking of driving done to Mazatlán which we have done many times. Now we are hearing that people are canceling their trips to San Carlos, Mazatlán. Is it just Green Valley or all over AZ?

jerry

Got back last night. Talked to a friend about going to Nogales to see dentist. We both go to Laser Dental. She told me that it is too dangerous to cross the border now. The (Natives) people on that side of the border have started taking out their anger about the wall on people going into Nogales for prescription and dental work. I have been going into Mexico since I was 2. I did not notice anyone being unkind this week in RP. But she told me there have been reports of trouble in El Paso and Nogales and TJ. I am an old lady and she got me wondering. We were thinking of driving done to Mazatlán which we have done many times. Now we are hearing that people are canceling their trips to San Carlos, Mazatlán. Is it just Green Valley or all over AZ?
Mary I wouldn't cancel Nogales dental trip....was down on business a few days ago and nothing exceptional happened....late night or in a bar...maybe a bad Idea......you might fly Alaska air south..

mis2810

All these gringos that voted for Trump will be thrilled the Mexicans are getting rounded up. Then let's wait for the long, loud, whining and crying about why their fucking tomatoes and lettuce cost $10 each. Idiots - all of them.