The Homeport...A reason a week it is a bad idea

playaperro

El Pirata
Oh duh re read. Okie dokie. Still sucks. I hope things are looking a lil better in April.
The whole world going crazy yo!
El Alcalde, Julio Cesar Ramírez indico que no se han reportado enfrentamientos, heridos ni muertos, tan solo reportes de detonaciones, por ello la existencia del boletín.

Por su parte, el Procurador del estado, Carlos Navarro Sugich declaro que Sonoyta se encuentra en calma, por lo que ha emitido un exhorto al Alcalde de Sonoyta para que deje sin efecto la suspensión de clases.

Para ello, se realizó un escrito con cuatro puntos importantes sobre la situación que se vive en Sonoyta:

- No existe ningún reporte de enfrentamientos, heridos o muertos en Sonoyta, esto en bases a investigaciones en el Ejército, Policía Federal, Procuraduría General de Justicia del Estado y el propio Ayuntamiento.

- Reconoce que si hubo un documento expedido por la autoridad municipal en donde se recomienda suspender clases.
If you can translate this, there were no shots fired or anyone killed in Sonoyta this past week, schools were not closed either.

playaperro

El Pirata
Your pretending this was nothing but it shook the major who is in the game....,
This is what the mayor said, you provided the info, you must of deciphered it wrong, I mean your hearsay don't count. JMHO.
The Mayor, Julio Cesar Ramirez indicated that there were no reported clashes, injuries or deaths, only reports of explosions, so the existence of the newsletter.
Meanwhile, the state Attorney Carlos Navarro Sugich declare that Sonoyta is calm, so has issued a warrant to the Mayor of Sonoyta to rescind the suspension of classes.
To do this, a letter was performed with four important points about the situation that exists in Sonoyta:
- There is no report of fighting, wounded or killed in Sonoyta, this research bases to the Army, Federal Police, Attorney General of the State and the City Council.
- Recognize that if there was a document issued by the municipal authority where it is recommended to suspend classes.

jerry

Mexican Consul General Roberto Rodrigues confirmed shots were fired on Wednesday and schools closed for a few hours.
“It was something isolated. There was some kind of shooting and the authorities immediately took the appropriate measures in order to control the situation,” said the Consul General.
The State Dep

We were in Sonoyta on Wednesday between 2 and 3PM, seemed pretty normal to us.
Didn't see any extra police or Marines patrolling. The taco stand by Vasquez's store was tasty and busy.

Only shooting we witnessed were police shooting radar at the southern end of town ;)
We also saw another police truck stopped at the Modelorama near the border, getting beer for the night
from all the phony tickets they collected on that day.:)

jerry

My friend that works at a funeral home in one of the effected cities thinks business is looking up...... From a Sonoyta report "
Although state officials say there have been no shootings in Sonoyta, versions of the inhabitants collide with the official discourse, as some claim to be witnesses of violent acts.

"No violent acts?" Said Lourdes, a resident of Sonoyta, "but we saw two blocks in front of my house, two trucks down the hill at full speed and before we hear gunfire and the soldiers follow".

"And the bullets and trucks speeding?" Questioned another neighbor of this border town.

"I know, I witnessed yesterday of how a group of three cars closed the highway to Caborca, with chickens that are next to the Red Cross. And many armed and hooded men got running and shooting of right now also I composed ".

Kary, another resident also claimed why say that nothing happens in this population, when families are at risk.

Roberto

I think it is a well established fact that the official reports of violence, from everywhere in Mexico are incomplete and inaccurate.
Talk to the ordinary local people and you will find that seldom are police reports made and seldom is their presence requested. US folk will insist on calling the police, locals only when necessary. Lots and lots of stuff happens and is unreported. Lots of stuff is misreported. A bullet ridden body laying int he street does not necessarily mean murder, could have been suicide !! Most believe the officials will do nothing so why waste time. Also the police can get predatory toward the victims, another reason to not report.

Check out the recent episode where a man was abducted for ransom by two of Penasco's finest after he phoned for help. I had an occasion where I was being threatened with violence by an irate intoxicated gent across the counter. I phoned the magic number 066, got no answer after 20 or so rings. Called back, same deal. Called a third time and the person answering spoke not a word of english and hung up in frustration after my inadequate Spanish was not understood.

Reliable reports of summary justice dispensed by law enforcement abound in Mexico. If they believe it is cartel against cartel they feel it appropriate and OK to just ignore it and it goes unreported or to solve the case with a gun. Dead people tell no tales ya know. A murder is a murder irrespective of who the parties involved are.

Then there is the post crime justice system to deal with. Years back as a believer in justice I went to the station house to file a simple burgulary report. Long lines and unresponsive staff. It's annoying to say the least to wait for hours in line all the while hearing laughter from a nearby office and seeing people come and go, carefully ignoring the line of people waiting for service. After 4 visits over several days I gave up. Come back after 6, come back in the morning, tomorrow, etc. and my then live-in's Tia worked there. It's no joke.

Last year, right at the spot where donations are solicited on the edge of town, I was stopped waiting my turn when vehicles pulled up along the side of the highway, 4 gents in civvie clothes with automatic weapons got out and deployed on both sides of the road, crouching down and peering down the highway where a line of vehicles aproached from the south at a high rate of speed. No warnings offered to those of us on the highway. The line of approaching vehicles turned and sped west down a dirt road. The armed guys jumped into their trucks and followed the other vehicles. No shots were fired but I was looking around for the film crew !!That is the kind of thing that does not tend to get reported by the Government but maybe through social media. "

Sonoyta is an important plaza mostly because of the area to the east. The T.O. Res. in AZ is a transhipping point with support from the locals. I think the crossing at Lukeville is given some throw-aways just to distract from the real action. That highway corridor up to Why draws a crap load of staff and vehicles. Easier duty than on an atv in the outback too.

Social media has been a game changer for many. People learn who is accurate and honest in reporting through experience over a time period.

Last edited:

playaperro

El Pirata
People cross every day by the thousands. Just travel in the daytime, mind your own business and don't even think about guns or drugs and you should be just fine. If there should be trouble in some specific area, you will learn about it or only be delayed briefly. The stories you hear are about the cartels fighting each other, occasional police or politicians and hardly ever innocent civilians. Tourists are not involved if they keep their noses clean and their eyes open.

jerry

People cross every day by the thousands. Just travel in the daytime, mind your own business and don't even think about guns or drugs and you should be just fine. If there should be trouble in some specific area, you will learn about it or only be delayed briefly. The stories you hear are about the cartels fighting each other, occasional police or politicians and hardly ever innocent civilians. Tourists are not involved if they keep their noses clean and their eyes open.
A bit more to worry about if you linger in Sonoyta these days like the recently deported stuck there.....really watch them in grocery story parking lots....

Roberto

I agree completely with what you sayDog !! I forgot a line on the description of that Sonoyta episode " That is the kind of thing that does not tend to get reported by the Government but maybe through social media. "

Having been in many "Ports" ... they are always in the "nasty" part of town. Across town, away from public areas, etc,

Think of oil slick, servicing the ship, cleaning both human and service waste.
As one would say, you do not eat in a bathroom, regardless how fact decorated it is. Not sure whose Idea was to start this project in the same location as the Número Uno beach?
Rocky Points namesake beach.
One word,

"Greed"
It's part of a master plan ....
http://www.rockypointjohn.com/Rocky_Point_in_Motion_Gus_Brown_Interview/page_2498765.html

Found this when I was looking for the interview. Our Eddie award winner gets around yo! Hehe.

https://www.rv.net/forum/index.cfm/fuseaction/search/parms/sw{}|km{}|kl{}|fm{}|pd{365}|ma{mexicoruss}/sr/1/srt/a/searchIn/-/page/5.cfm

I like how he stuck up for PP!

"Let's see - Puerto Penasco has world class golf, fantastic fishing, either from shore or on one of the many boats available for hire. It has some of the best cantinas available, we do a lot of desert riding and exploration, we do almost anything you can think of as far as water sports. If you need Sams club and Walmart, it has both of those. The food is spectacular. "Mexico Proper" that is sort of a perspective thing I think, there are many Mexicans that call Puerto Penasco their home and many more Mexicans moving in from other parts of Mexico as well as folks moving back to Mexico from the USA. I believe it is Mexico proper. There are 400 RV spots on or near the beach, thousands of luxo condos available. Yes we live near the beach and the desert so there is a fair amount of dirt here, but calling the town dirty is simply a slam and an opinion. I enjoy my life here it has all I need and more. When you talk down about where I live it is like insulting my mistress. By the way it took me 3 tanks of gas to cross Texas, that seemed improper to me.

On edit, My wife and I love Kino bay too! We get there in about 4 hours from Penasco. "

MIRAMAR

What's the point Hillbearto? I agree with what was said. I wouldn't be visiting Penasco if I didn't love it. We also stop for tacos in Sonoyta - we've met some truly dear Mexicans who we count as our friends.

jerry

Things I le
It's part of a master plan ....
http://www.rockypointjohn.com/Rocky_Point_in_Motion_Gus_Brown_Interview/page_2498765.html

Found this when I was looking for the interview. Our Eddie award winner gets around yo! Hehe.

https://www.rv.net/forum/index.cfm/fuseaction/search/parms/sw{}|km{}|kl{}|fm{}|pd{365}|ma{mexicoruss}/sr/1/srt/a/searchIn/-/page/5.cfm

I like how he stuck up for PP!

"Let's see - Puerto Penasco has world class golf, fantastic fishing, either from shore or on one of the many boats available for hire. It has some of the best cantinas available, we do a lot of desert riding and exploration, we do almost anything you can think of as far as water sports. If you need Sams club and Walmart, it has both of those. The food is spectacular. "Mexico Proper" that is sort of a perspective thing I think, there are many Mexicans that call Puerto Penasco their home and many more Mexicans moving in from other parts of Mexico as well as folks moving back to Mexico from the USA. I believe it is Mexico proper. There are 400 RV spots on or near the beach, thousands of luxo condos available. Yes we live near the beach and the desert so there is a fair amount of dirt here, but calling the town dirty is simply a slam and an opinion. I enjoy my life here it has all I need and more. When you talk down about where I live it is like insulting my mistress. By the way it took me 3 tanks of gas to cross Texas, that seemed improper to me.

On edit, My wife and I love Kino bay too! We get there in about 4 hours from Penasco. "
Things I learned from this link....
Russ has a mistress in Texas?
Russ fights with other people on the internet
Russ has never been on a stinking last generation cruise ship but loves them
Russ keeps hustling for customers on line and they keep deleting his posts
Russ tells a guy that questions him that he is not part of the hospitality or real estate hustler community in RP!!!!! Really!!!!!