Unauthorized Checkpoints on 8 to Rocky Point

Status
Not open for further replies.

jerry

I'm going to tell them about the attack of the guy with the deformed hand and the crazy women that needs eye surgery that always dog me in the crossing line..quick call fox news!

D

doeadeer

This story is being reported at several of the Phoenix area news stations. I saw it this morning at abc15.com. It really surprises me that the police would let this happen (road blocks). This is really going to hurt travel to RP this Holiday weekend, I believe.

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
This story is being reported at several of the Phoenix area news stations. I saw it this morning at abc15.com. It really surprises me that the police would let this happen (road blocks). This is really going to hurt travel to RP this Holiday weekend, I believe.
That would be the point I am afraid. All of this is still unconfirmed but it makes for fantastic attention getting. We will report what we know after our meeting tonight

Why doesn't the media focus on something real like the oil spill in the gulf... rather than make up news to distract us from what is not being done to resolve the spill???

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
Playa it must be hard to see your team (Republicans) ruin our relationship with mexico (your home)
You guys need to take your party back from the talk radio crowd.If we are every frog marched back to the border it will be the fault of the racist hate-mongers in the Republican parties orbit
DOWN BOY; DON'T START A REP/DEM DEBATE!

You *know* the price you'll pay for it. I don't mind discussion of political topics like SB1070 and such, but when the partisan name-calling starts, the thread immediately disintegrates into a poo-poo storm. I won't tolerate that. Have we not learned this from the Grim nonsense, Jerry?

Kenny

It really surprises me that the police would let this happen (road blocks).
Please; read this complete thread. There has not been any road blocks on the road into Rocky point as far as anyone and everyone has been able to tell. There is no confirmation on any of the so called report... All this stuff is just pulled out of a hat that says Mexico on it.

V

VacationVanessa

Good point. I just saw on the RP Facebook page that someone said they and their family were stopped at a non-police sanctioned checkpoint and let go. Nothing bad happened but it scared them. I'm wondering how the local police and mayor in RP are taking this. I would assume they would beef up patrols on that stretch of highway like they did following the spring break advisory last year.

Last edited by a moderator:

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
Please; read this complete thread. There has not been any road blocks on the road into Rocky point as far as anyone and everyone has been able to tell. There is no confirmation on any of the so called report... All this stuff is just pulled out of a hat that says Mexico on it.
Nobody that lives here Mexicans included know anything about this and if it were true it would be on the local news here. I may have said that before but whatever it is ok to say it again, this has been my topic of conversation all day and will continue well into the evening. We hope to have some answers soon.
Who what where and when?

Last edited:

Kenny

You can bet your bottom dollar that now we will be hearing all kinds of second hand stories, with nothing first hand... Isn't that the way it always go's with something like this.... Stopped, "but let go"...Oh pleeeeese.

Last edited:

InkaRoads

cronopiador
Tuesday May 18 and Friday May 21 went to PP, both trips were at night, Tuesday arrived to PP at 8:30 pm and Friday at 10pm, this times are aprox. and did not see anything in the roads that resemble a check point between Sonoyta to Penasco, I have some cheese for the whinners and some tequila for the non-whinners, in the last 19 years the media never changed my opinion about Puerto Penasco, I love it now that it is slower but it is hurting the business and the good people of PP and this "incident" is the typical "let's try to keep the dollars home for the holidays" scam that we have seen for the last few years, I be done this weekend too!!

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
You can bet your bottom dollar that now we will be hearing all kinds of second hand stories, with nothing first hand... Isn't that the way it alway's go's after something come's out like this. Stopped, but let go...Oh pleeeeese.
Hey! A friend of a guy I work with cousin got stopped on the road by a rogue Mexican dentist! He capped two teeth, repaired a cavity, then disappeared into the desert! Nearly scared him to death because he though he'd actually have to pay the guy! IT'S TRUE!!! TELL ALL YOUR FRIENDS!!

P

Pete

I just drove back to Phx from Rocky Point last night at 10pm & saw nothing out of the ordinary. I drive back & fourth usually twice a month for years now & I almost always drive at night. I've never seen or heard of any type of check point like they describe. This story sounds a little odd to me as well & what a non story also. AZ Republic.........extra extra read all about it....." TRAVEL ADVISORY TO RP" !!! " police check point on highway stops people ask's to see their id then lets them proceed".........OH MY !! time to alert the public !!!!

Kenny

Hey I don't worry to much about this stuff but the rp locals seem to have forgot to mention a few local events (the explosion at the fireworks stand and the gun battle between the mexican navy and 2 now dead narcos a few weeks ago.
http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=es&u=http://elsoldecaborca.info/altar%3Fstart%3D20&ei=6vX6S42gJ4XiNdvYtaYF&sa=X&oi=translate&ct=result&resnum=2&ved=0CBoQ7gEwAQ&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dtubutama%2Bsonora%2Bdrakos%26hl%3Den
There sure is a lot of junk on that front page to wade through Jerry. I can get my GPS and try to find that story, or should I just follow the pictures of dead body's?

Last edited:

moore_rb

Stay Thirsty My Friends
I drove down on May 15- crossed the border at 1pm, and drove into Penasco without incident except for a brief delay due to an accident at the Laguna/Caborca highway exchange.

The children's hospital collections people weren't even out that day.

Drove back up on May 18 made it from Penasco to Sonoyta without incident.

Now, that being said- I haven't driven that road at night in over 15 years, nor will I plan to do so anytime soon...

Status
Not open for further replies.