Vaquita war

New twist to old news..........

On the way home yesterday, along the Coastal Hwy never saw a single boat out there, until north of El Golfo. Saw a dozen or so pangas close to shore in probably less than two feet of water hauling ass with their outboards tilted up barely cutting into the sea. We pulled over to see what they were up to plowing through that muddy water. They disappeared somewhere out on the mudflat and as we climbed up the hill onto the desert flats we saw them again, hauling ass in the man made channel that feeds the old abandoned rectangular shrimp paddies, where there were several pick up trucks were waiting for them on the channel bank! No more dealing with the fish police in El Golfo or the deep water Sea Shepherd wacko's, just load em up and avoid the whole sak-o-crap and on to the mudflats where no one would ever expect to see them.

Where there is a will, there is a way!

JJ

All I can say is that something very "FISHY" was being conducted.

I saw some night time drone footage from the Sea Shepherd yesterday showing pangas pulling in gill nets with the big "T's" in them. So I guess they haul in the nets under the cover of the night. They still must find a safe port to unload their booty. The waters up around El Golfo are too shallow for the Sea Shepherd and her stepchild the Farley Mowat. The Mexican police and military are very well qualified at looking the other way especially when it includes a nice payoff by the so-called "government".

JJ

jerry

All I can say is that something very "FISHY" was being conducted.

I saw some night time drone footage from the Sea Shepherd yesterday showing pangas pulling in gill nets with the big "T's" in them. So I guess they haul in the nets under the cover of the night. They still must find a safe port to unload their booty. The waters up around El Golfo are too shallow for the Sea Shepherd and her stepchild the Farley Mowat. The Mexican police and military are very well qualified at looking the other way especially when it includes a nice payoff by the so-called "government".

JJ
n “Never Cry Wolf,” Mr. Mowat learned about the lives of wolves with binocular clarity, about their treks to find food in winter and their territorial claims in summer, when they remain in their dens living on mice. (Mr. Mowat, in the interests of science, tried living on them, too, and found the diet nourishing.)

He portrayed wolves as patient and gentle with their own, sometimes even fond of practical jokes. They adopted orphan puppies and babysat for other wolves’ pups. They never killed more than they could eat.

His book is an excellent read. He is credited with saving the Canadian Wolf from certain extinction as they were being completely wiped out by government paid hunters. The government was convinced that the Caribou were declining due to the Wolf when in fact those wolves actually lived off of rodents and rarely killed a healthy Caribou. The movie is pretty good as well since it was made in the days before the PC crowd took over Hollyweird, the star oddly enough is not even of African descent! Mr. Mowat went on to become an outcast due to his commie affinity and eventually left Canada to reside where the hammer and sickle waves on. He was even barred from entering the USA to do his lecture tours for the same reason.

Nothing better than Arctic mice stewed in a white sauce for supper.

JJ

gringorio

Told me it's just a party boat for young SJW kids that sign on for the "thrill" of "legally screwing" with the local fishermen and that most of the time they are hanging out in town whoopin it up at the bars.
This is simply not true. Also, no one else has pulled as many kms of illegal nets by hand than have these so called "party" kids. What have you done JJ, to stop the destruction?

What have YOU done Gringo-Rio?

There is no way that I can personally "stop the destruction". I am an American citizen, it is Mexico's problem. Who are you to dictate your personal feelings to a foreign nation? They have their laws and it's up to them to uphold them. I have paid them generously for the privilege to fish their waters for most of my life. I abide by their laws and only take what I can use.

Why didn't someone or some nation send their whiny dimps to stop the destruction of our Buffalo, Passenger Pigeon, Steller's Sea Cow, Carolina Parakeet or the Ivory Billed Woodpecker? You know why? It's our business and if anyone even considered it we would have blown them away.

As a matter of fact I have written something about the Vaquita and the Totoaba's demise at least weekly since joining this forum. That's what I do, inform you and the others of what is really going on. And by the way, as Stu says above: "Big or small, KILL THEM ALL!!!!"

Get off of your high horse and do something yourself, like maybe join up with them, if you can stand the body odor. If you care to read any of my past spewing you just might consider the sarcasm and droll humor.

JJ

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
What have YOU done Gringo-Rio?

There is no way that I can personally "stop the destruction". I am an American citizen, it is Mexico's problem. Who are you to dictate your personal feelings to a foreign nation? They have their laws and it's up to them to uphold them. I have paid them generously for the privilege to fish their waters for most of my life. I abide by their laws and only take what I can use.

Why didn't someone or some nation send their whiny dimps to stop the destruction of our Buffalo, Passenger Pigeon, Steller's Sea Cow, Carolina Parakeet or the Ivory Billed Woodpecker? You know why? It's our business and if anyone even considered it we would have blown them away.

As a matter of fact I have written something about the Vaquita and the Totoaba's demise at least weekly since joining this forum. That's what I do, inform you and the others of what is really going on. And by the way, as Stu says above: "Big or small, KILL THEM ALL!!!!"

Get off of your high horse and do something yourself, like maybe join up with them, if you can stand the body odor. If you care to read any of my past spewing you just might consider the sarcasm and droll humor.

JJ
Much truth to what JJ says. As a gringo, there is little I can do to fight the cartel and cooperativas on the high seas. I have delivered the message here, running this site for 2o years now. I have seen the carnage and it disgusts me. But... I don't want to end up with a "friendly" visit in Mexico by some that know who I am. Right, Jerry?

The fact remains that if I feel I have recourse, I take action. More than once, I've cut turtles off illegal long lines in San Carlos. They fucking KNOW taking turtles is illegal, as well as their long line. They challenged me and we immediately start taking pictures. More than once, I've nosed my cat up to the edge of their shitty panga and started revving the motors. They are a long way out from shore and I'd have no hesitation putting both sponsons square up on that bitch and sinking it. They have always hauled ass because A) they know they're wrong and B) they know I'm a crazy fucking gringo that will take them out.

A single turtle is a hell of a payday for them on the black market. Google it, read about the illegal turtle trade in Guaymas. Watch the videos. They are there.

The Mexicans are their own worst enemies. A few dollars slipped into the right pocket makes it all okay. The Vaquita is a sad victim of this same fuckery and now that they can run gill nets again, you can kiss those sad, crying baby dolphins good-bye.

The fact that everything I've said here is true makes it even more tragic.

Landshark

n “Never Cry Wolf,” Mr. Mowat learned about the lives of wolves with binocular clarity, about their treks to find food in winter and their territorial claims in summer, when they remain in their dens living on mice. (Mr. Mowat, in the interests of science, tried living on them, too, and found the diet nourishing.)

He portrayed wolves as patient and gentle with their own, sometimes even fond of practical jokes. They adopted orphan puppies and babysat for other wolves’ pups. They never killed more than they could eat.
His book is an excellent read. He is credited with saving the Canadian Wolf from certain extinction as they were being completely wiped out by government paid hunters. The government was convinced that the Caribou were declining due to the Wolf when in fact those wolves actually lived off of rodents and rarely killed a healthy Caribou. The movie is pretty good as well since it was made in the days before the PC crowd took over Hollyweird, the star oddly enough is not even of African descent! Mr. Mowat went on to become an outcast due to his commie affinity and eventually left Canada to reside where the hammer and sickle waves on. He was even barred from entering the USA to do his lecture tours for the same reason.

Nothing better than Arctic mice stewed in a white sauce for supper.

JJ
Another great wolf documentary is Living with Wolves by Jim & Jamie Dutcher.
https://www.livingwithwolves.org/about/about-the-founders/
Saw the Dutchers at Mesa Amphitheater a few years ago doing a live documentary on their experiences. Six years camping with & observing the Sawtooth pack. Fascinating!

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
Wolves. Okay, thanks Jerry. Way to stay on topic.
(I don't care, it's the nature of threads around here.)

I'll just add, that if some dipshit approaches you and tells you how he lives with the bears in Alaska and they accept him as family, ask him if his life insurance is paid up and run like hell! :run::run::run:

Landshark

Wolves. Okay, thanks Jerry. Way to stay on topic.
(I don't care, it's the nature of threads around here.)

I'll just add, that if some dipshit approaches you and tells you how he lives with the bears in Alaska and they accept him as family, ask him if his life insurance is paid up and run like hell! :run::run::run:
Good luck outrunning him...

Gila Monster venom will wake one up, but getting stung by 100+ Yellow Jackets all at once while ten miles up on the Salt River is something to never forget.

Can't really picture being hooked in the liver, splain dat please.

JJ

jerry

Gila Monster venom will wake one up, but getting stung by 100+ Yellow Jackets all at once while ten miles up on the Salt River is something to never forget.

Can't really picture being hooked in the liver, splain dat please.

JJ
ex prize fighter taught me a lesson in San Blas in my 20s.....