What I love about Rocky Point?

I have been to Hawaii 4x, the Bahamas, Canada and various places in Mexico.
What I have found is that whether I'm in Puerto Vallarta or Puerto Penasco,
I'm am the most Relaxed while in those places, Ok Mazatlan and San Carlos come in close second.;)

In a few more years when our kid's are all grown up we plan on spending 6 months a year at all the Mexico places mentioned and other locals in Mexico.
As much as I'm not a fan of the cruise port idea, I actually look forward to doing a cruise from there to visit other locals on the Sea of Cortez.

amanda

Hello all! First post on this forum! I just returned to LA after 5 days in rocky point. I have been coming down for RP vacations for 14 years. Even though I now live in Los Angeles, it is absolutely worth the drive.

I love Mary's limonadas, thiftys on a Friday night, clams and shrimp and margaritas, seeing dolphins and other wildlife (this time we saw a whale's blowhole mist!! On New Year's Day), and most importantly waking up to a view of sea.

I've been many places but my heart is in rocky point.

Last edited:

JayT

• Counting shrimp boats on the horizon.
  • Having a cold XX with breakfast after a beach walk.
  • Doctors waiting to help you in the lobby of Red Cross when you walk in.
  • The old Polaroid camera guy in Old Port.
  • "banana boat!!!!"
  • Capones' pizza, Pac-Man's jokes, Johnny's Viking braids, waiting for my frozen beer to melt.
  • Carne con chile burritos at Longos
  • Having the whole beach to myself
  • Watching Osprey pluck fish out of the surf.
  • Sweating screen doors when it's humid.
  • The beauty of the Sonoran desert touching the ocean.
  • Getting the green light.
  • Feeling like Pinacate has moved wherever I am.

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
  • Counting shrimp boats on the horizon.
  • Having a cold XX with breakfast after a beach walk.
  • Doctors waiting to help you in the lobby of Red Cross when you walk in.
  • The old Polaroid camera guy in Old Port.
  • "banana boat!!!!"
  • Capones' pizza, Pac-Man's jokes, Johnny's Viking braids, waiting for my frozen beer to melt.
  • Carne con chile burritos at Longos
  • Having the whole beach to myself
  • Watching Osprey pluck fish out of the surf.
  • Sweating screen doors when it's humid.
  • The beauty of the Sonoran desert touching the ocean.
  • Getting the green light.
  • Feeling like Pinacate has moved wherever I am.
I get it!

Luna

Sea Shell Goddess
Me too!! I’m a self-proclaimed re-born Mexicana and look forward to moving to Mexico full time in four years 3 1/2 years. Until then, we visit one to two times a year and I dream in shades of turquoise.
'
I feel the same way - unfortuantely it will be closer to 10 years for us - Argh!!!!!

Jellyfish

What I love besides the obvious venue of sand and sun, is coming down and seeing my friends and neighbors again. Cholla is a small community of wonderful people. When we go into town we always meet new friends find new fun places to return to. We feel very luck to be able to come down twice a month.

Luna

Sea Shell Goddess
Twice a month - and I thought we were doing great if we could get there twice a year! Good for you - and I too am super jealous.
Well it seems that we are all waiting for "someday".

InkaRoads

cronopiador
What I love the most is how the members of this forum are ready to jump at each others throat in here and then meet at the beach or PP in general and act like best buddies, of course with a Tecate on hand!!! but what I REALLY like the most is the warm feeling of belonging that I get when I interact with people anywhere in PP and of course the FOOD!!!!

I enjoyed the positive comments so much, I wrote a blog about it. Keeping up the positive momentum is awesome. No room for negativity and cry babies. We have so much to be grateful for.
Rocky Point has the best of both worlds, Mexico and so close to the U.S. Many years ago I was coming here almost every weekend, when I decided I wanted to live here full time. SO many good friends here, and I ditto the comments about the food, the beer, the dolphns and whales, the beach, the sund, getting a tan in January. HAHA it's 74 this afternoon.
I am perpetuating the good news. Thank you for all the positive comments. If this is in appropriate, please tell me and I will remove and post in another forum you suggest.
I didn't use names, just the comments: http://mexicanbeachbum.wordpress.com/2014/01/21/positive-comments-from-rocky-point-forum-rockypointtalk-com/