Wierd scene coming into Rocky Point today.

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
Directly or indirectly, yes.
I won't argue either point above, but now you're getting into black helicopter/tin foil hat kinda stuff.

Indeed, some of it is just a game. The US provides how much in equipment, training, and USD to the Mexican government to fight the drug war? 2010, LA Times: "The U.S. government is considering substantially increasing funding for Mexico's drug war beyond the $1.4 billion Merida Initiative... "

Serious ching, yes?

Compare that to Washington Post, 2010: "Mexican drug cartels and their Colombian suppliers generate, launder and remove $18 billion to $39 billion from the United States each year."

So which is the more profitable endeavor? As the ol' saying goes... follow the money. o_O

No, you're wrong on both accounts. You're missing the point. Not only did he live there for more than a year, everybody knew and nobody cared. The military didn't do this because it was good for the town or American tourists. The only reason why we're talking about this is because MP got fired. If he wouldn't have been f****** up for the corporation he worked for, he'd still be living there and we wouldn't be having this conversation. The #1 said, "you're fired!" and then called the military to deliver MP's unemployment benefits.
Joe, I understand what you are saying and don't disagree, but this is not the story that is being portrayed in the media. Given what Americans are being told and believe about what happened in Rocky Point, that has to be taken into consideration. What if the media had been reporting that Macho was living in Rocky Point where the Americans live for sometime now- that certainly wouldn't have helped the economy in Puerto Penasco or Sonora at all.

dry heat

Pigeon coup coordinator
unless we have a cartel spokesperson, none of us are in the know. I don't care if you heard from a friend that is best buddies with the police chief or if the stripper on your lap knows someone who knows someone and they told you the story. Sometimes the slow time after an event yields the more creative stories in order to fill in the time. maybe all of us should give it a break (haters, lovers or in between).

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
Joe, I understand what you are saying and don't disagree, but this is not the story that is being portrayed in the media. Given what Americans are being told and believe about what happened in Rocky Point, that has to be taken into consideration. What if the media had been reporting that Macho was living in Rocky Point where the Americans live for sometime now- that certainly wouldn't have helped the economy in Puerto Penasco or Sonora at all.

Im going to apologize off the top for not having the patience and understanding that it takes to be a part of this fine forum. You have a seriously limited understanding of the culture if you think that MP living in RP effects the economy of the whole state of Sonora. I dont know what MP living in RP has to do with grape exports from Caborca. MP living in BS has 0 effect on the states economy. Who do you think governs the state of Sonora???? The government??? Lol

You asked if you were correct and I guess that depends on your definition of "that long". I think more than a year is more than "that long''.

Do you think we havent won the drug war because we can't? We went to the moon, we invade countries, we can't win the drug war?? Or is it that we don't want to? The industrial Prison Complex is big business in the US. If we were winning the drug war there would be less drugs right? Less drugs = less arrests = less prison time = less "clients". The private prison industry would topple. Not to mention all the fine folks at the DEA would lose their jobs because there would be no need for the DEA. What would the border patrol do?? They spend 98% of their time on drug seizures. They'd be out of jobs too. Not to mention the people that use drugs that publicly oppose it. For example the Republican Congressman that wanted welfare recipients to take drug tests to receive welfare when in reality this guy gets caught buying cocaine. Nobody wants drugs to go away. We love drugs and why shouldn't we, they're awesome!

The drug war is for all the goody goodies in the world. It's there to create the public perception that drugs are bad and that we "the good people" are doing something to stop the drug trade. I love watching the news after a drug bust and the cop or BP or whoever making the bust comments that, "there are now less drugs on the streets" and everyone is patting each other on the back. In reality, no seizure will disrupt the market and those making those statements are in a fairy tale dream world.

A 40 year war on drugs and you know what it has done to the market? Absolutely nothing, in fact product price has gone down over the years not up. Simple supply and demand understanding will tell us that the war on drugs hasn't made ANY impact on the market.

Kenny

We arrived in Rocky Point this afternoon. When we stopped to gas up in Why, I started to bs with the owner. She told me there was a huge group of DEA agents that met in front of her gas station before and after the shoot out. She made it sound like the DEA was involved from the start.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2
She told me there was a huge group of DEA agents that met in front of her gas station before and after the shoot out.
I'm thinking it was our guy's who pushed to get "El Maco Prieto"while he was staying in PP and he and his boy's would still have the run of the place if they hadn't.

jerry

The boosters sticking up for this insane military assault on a hotel is a slap in the face to the many people they profited off of on the sale of condos in Puerto Penasco and is really wrong headed.You guys and girls should be protesting the assault.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sub

jerry

I'm thinking it was our guy's who pushed to get "El Maco Prieto"while he was staying in PP and he and his boy's would still have the run of the place if they hadn't.
It is possible the were looking for an even bigger fish they had just let out of jail. On another note when the American was raped in Las Conchas last year a rumor I heard was it was Prieto.....interesting...

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
It is possible the were looking for an even bigger fish they had just let out of jail. On another note when the American was raped in Las Conchas last year a rumor I heard was it was Prieto.....interesting...
That's what one of the defrente articles that I read insinuated.

Kenny

The boosters sticking up for this insane military assault on a hotel is a slap in the face to the many people they profited of on the sale of condos in Puerto Penasco and is really wrong headed.You guys and girls should be protesting the assault.
If you look back on this thread there was some who showed immediate concern about the bottom line of this deal, their's.

EDIT...There, it's fixed. LOL

Last edited:
I heard that they have closed Bella Sirena for a while, and all the staff have been let go. Can anyone confirm this? If it's true that's not a nice Christmas present for them.

Last edited: