Wierd scene coming into Rocky Point today.

AZRob

I was talking to a older ex military guy yesterday and this story happened to come up. His views on this (NOT MINE) was this isn't a drug cartel thing but a cover up for a government command take over. I didn't go into it to deep with him, but he thinks there might be a war for power that's going to happen in Mexico. Remember fellow forum people this was the ex military guys thoughts on this and not mine. So when you start busting B*ll's and slamming, address it to ex military guy whose not on this forum.

playaperro

El Pirata
I was talking to a older ex military guy yesterday and this story happened to come up. His views on this (NOT MINE) was this isn't a drug cartel thing but a cover up for a government command take over. I didn't go into it to deep with him, but he thinks there might be a war for power that's going to happen in Mexico. Remember fellow forum people this was the ex military guys thoughts on this and not mine. So when you start busting B*ll's and slamming, address it to ex military guy whose not on this forum.
Where did you conduct this Interview? On the malecon? Hope he stays XXXmilitary.....

Well since this has happened... Who is offering the best rates on a nice weekend getaway?
I've been wondering myself, because the prices for a night along Sandy Beach back here in Arizona don't seem to be falling at all. I don't know if the condos are filling up or not, but it sure doesn't look like the rates have changed.

AZRob

Where did you conduct this Interview? On the malecon? Hope he stays XXXmilitary.....
It wasn't a interview, we were just shooting the s**t and this story came up. He is ex US military and his wife and her family are from around Mexico city. I just want to share this.

playaperro

El Pirata
It wasn't a interview, we were just shooting the s**t and this story came up. He is ex US military and his wife and her family are from around Mexico city. I just want to share this.
Must be related to the Military that shot up the condo! Just saying....LOL

mis2810

I've been wondering myself, because the prices for a night along Sandy Beach back here in Arizona don't seem to be falling at all. I don't know if the condos are filling up or not, but it sure doesn't look like the rates have changed.
Everyone is is still in a wait and see mentality. Too soon to talk about prices.

ben21

Had not heard about the carjacking either...

As for any impact on rental and sale prices on Sandy Beach, it's gonna probably going to take a few months to see what type of impact, if any this will have. An example: I usually head down every April for the Rocky Point Triathlon. I'm wondering if the shooting will force organizers to cancel, or if participation will drop. Many of the athletes aren't RP regulars and learning of an incident like this could give them second thoughts on attending.

Pinky

The Newtimes article says this near the beginning:

"An American tourist was carjacked in the chaos that reportedly left six dead."

This is the first I heard this in all of the >500 posts in this thread. Do any of the regulars have any details on this?

Edited by request - Stuart

Last edited:

dry heat

Pigeon coup coordinator
<Somebody was> carjacked so that the gunmen could evacuate an injured person.
your statement is very loaded especially with the rumor of who was no longer on the scene. Have they spoken to any of the authorities? this is a pretty serious statement.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have talked to many local friends, and there have not been an new incidents in the last few days. So things seem to be calming down.

Get real! There were only 4 or 5 killed. They are only an insignificant tip of the iceberg in Penasco. The Sinaloa Cartel is in total control of Penasco. It would be far worse if we had other cartels fighting for territory with the Sinaloa Cartel. If there were no drug routes to the US, and our border was under control, there would be no drug cartel activity in Penasco. Tell that to Obama!
And W, and Clinton, and HW Bush, and Reagan, and Carter, and Ford, and Nixon. It's been a long war...