Wierd scene coming into Rocky Point today.

ddez

We've gone to a few stores during the day and returned rather quickly. Security seams normal.

We are in the second year of a lease.

HOA here is operated by owners that are mostly American.

I went for a walk over to the scene yesterday and can say this. Everything we saw that day was easily confirmed and life for all that shared to experience of living through it will never be the same. One can not undo fear. One cannot erase reality. If anything, we might be lucky to suppress the memory. To think that we have this feeling and were two building over, I can't imagine the terror one would feel watching this unfold with a front row seat.
I hope that your children are doing ok its not something that will just go away

Rick S

That being said, how are they trafficking the drugs into the US? I thought we had all the latest tech stuff to prevent that shit from happening.

it's simple, $$$$

Planes, trains, automobiles, mules, catapults, tunnels, ultralights, and 1000 more ways. You can't stop it....no matter how much money is spent. They find a new way overnight.

War on Drugs...if we had all the money that's been spent in a losing battle, there wouldn't be a homeless-hungry person in the U.S.

nick

Do you think the guys who carjacked those 2 would have let them take the time to pull there kids out of a car seat if they had kids with them?

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
Here is what I would like someone to explain to me…I was there on Tuesday and saw tons of Military, Local Police, and Federal Agents came racing into town with sirens blaring and lights going all with guns out.(All this the day before) They made 0 effort to come in quietly it didn’t take much thought on my part to figure out something big was going to happen so I got the hell out of there. I find it hard to believe none of these guys figured it out. Also the rest of you, are you telling me you had no idea something big was about to happen.
Sounds like any other day in Rocky Point to me. The troops come in, the troops go out. Maybe I've just gotten immune to it. I don't even think twice about seeing military vehicles/trucks full of army going up and down the road or riding around town.

Sounds like any other day in Rocky Point to me. The troops come in, the troops go out. Maybe I've just gotten immune to it. I don't even think twice about seeing military vehicles/trucks full of army going up and down the road or riding around town.
In reality, the military was a welcomed sign that the "good guys" were in control. How do we explain the entire situation to our children? Good guys vs bad guys and the good guys won. My little boy asks, "like a hockey game daddy?" All I can do is respond with a "something like that Tommy...something like that."

In reality, the military was a welcomed sign that the "good guys" were in control. How do we explain the entire situation to our children? Good guys vs bad guys and the good guys won. My little boy asks, "like a hockey game daddy?" All I can do is respond with a "something like that Tommy...something like that."
Except the penalty box is made of pine ;)

AZRob

The "Cartel" doesnt scare me its the law enforcement that scares the hell out of me. Doing a raid where innocent by standers are at. They put alot of peoples lives in danger, second thought they were mostly Americans and its Mexico so who cares.

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
I completely and totally agree - make it legal already!
(Cannot wait to see what I stirred up with this comment:cool:)
This was written on the other thread.

This guy I know is a part of the culture and he can seriously say that he wouldn't be able to get sh1tty marijuana like the stuff you're talking about to save his life. If his life depended on getting Mexico brick weed, he'd die. He could call 100 people and have 0 chance. 100% of the people he knows buy domestic grown marijuana. With technology these days, nobody needs shitty brick weed from Mexico. If they legalized marijuana tomorrow it would have ZERO impact on the cartels. Just by reading what they are seizing these days, cocaine and meth are the top two.

AZRob

Maybe the so called good guys took a few bumps and decided it was a good idea to shoot the place up?

Rick S

Mexican people adapt pretty damn well.

If pot was legalized and free to import to the U.S. like tomatoes-citrus the market would be overrun with top shelf Mexican Hydro....don't fool yourself.

they'd figure out to move indoors pretty quick. With 4 harvests per year indoors vs 1 outside. Duh

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
Mexican people adapt pretty damn well.

If pot was legalized and free to import to the U.S. like tomatoes-citrus the market would be overrun with top shelf Mexican Hydro....don't fool yourself.

they'd figure out to move indoors pretty quick. With 4 harvests per year indoors vs 1 outside. Duh

SMH llllllllllllllooollllllllllllllll

the info is interesting. one major flaw in the article is the complex mentioned where the event took place (it was NOT Las Palomas, it was Bella Sirena).
Everyone keep's saying Bella Sirena as though the only gun battle was there. In fact most of Sandy Beach was involved. There was obviously a gun battle down by the traffic circle with 2 dead bodies and a burnt out truck. That's far from Bella Sirena. there were 2 other trucks along the road at different locations that were involved in a gun battle . I learned today that there was another gun battle near the arch that says welcome to Puerto Penasco. there was also a dead body on the beach. Add all these together and it's a much larger area than one villa at Bella Sirena.

Last edited:

El Gato

Everyone keep's saying Bella Sirena as though the only gun battle was there. In fact most of Sandy Beach was involved. There was obviously a gun battle down by the traffic circle with 2 dead bodies and a burnt out truck. That's far from Bella Sirena. there were 2 other trucks along the road at different locations that were involved in a gun battle . I learned today that there was another gun battle near the arch that says welcome to Puerto Penasco. there was also a dead body on the beach. Add all these together and it's a much larger area than one villa at Bella Sirena.
Does anyone have any information and/or pictures of the gun battle at the arch? Understand it involved a blue van? Thank you.