Wierd scene coming into Rocky Point today.

Canuck

Another interesting report...

http://penascodigital.com/2013/donde-esta-el-macho-prieto-25801.html

One source denies that Macho was killed, but says he lived in PP for 2.5 years and "everyone knew he' had a home in Las Conchas and moved between the there and Bella Sirena and Puerta Privada - as well as having a plane.

BTW, for those of you PMing me with the suggestion to start a support group to help deal with the stress created from this experience, sorry - not going to happen.

I suggest contacting your family doctor to be referred to an appropriate resource.

ADR

Looks like there were some fisherman caught up in "friendly fire" after all?
No matter what the government tries to spin, the facts seem to continue to leak out slowly.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Periodico-De-Frente/109703845771031

PUERTO PEÑASCO, SONORA

A raíz del operativo federal en busca de presuntos miembros del narcotráfico en el desarrollo turístico “Bella Sirena” y en donde participaron 2 helicópteros tipo “Blackhawk”, mismos que realizaron disparos desde la nave y dirigidos a vehículos de los supuestos criminales, un vehículos tipo Ford Bronco, color negro mode...lo atrasado y en el que iba un grupo de pescadores que circulaban por la avenida costera hacia la costa de La Cholla quedaron en el cruce del fuego, resultando con impactos de bala al menos uno de ellos, mismo que se ha informado se encuentra internado en un hospital de Hermosillo en estado delicado pues recibió un impacto de bala de grueso calibre en una de sus piernas.

Lo que se llama “daño colateral” en este tipo de casos ocurrió luego de que a muy tempranas horas y que es cuando pescadores locales realizan sus actividades, estuvieron en el momento exacto del enfrentamiento, habiendo tratado de huir del lugar por el pánico, pero que por mala fortuna, policías federales los confundieron con delincuentes y por ello realizar disparos al objetivo, siendo impactado el vehículo decenas de veces como se puede apreciar en la foto tomada durante los hechos.

Trasciende que el pescador herido de gravedad cuenta con apenas 20 años de edad, mientras que otro de los ocupantes es de 15 años, habitantes de la Colonia Nueva.

mis2810

Looks like there were some fisherman caught up in "friendly fire" after all?
No matter what the government tries to spin, the facts seem to continue to leak out slowly.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Periodico-De-Frente/109703845771031

PUERTO PEÑASCO, SONORA

A raíz del operativo federal en busca de presuntos miembros del narcotráfico en el desarrollo turístico “Bella Sirena” y en donde participaron 2 helicópteros tipo “Blackhawk”, mismos que realizaron disparos desde la nave y dirigidos a vehículos de los supuestos criminales, un vehículos tipo Ford Bronco, color negro mode...lo atrasado y en el que iba un grupo de pescadores que circulaban por la avenida costera hacia la costa de La Cholla quedaron en el cruce del fuego, resultando con impactos de bala al menos uno de ellos, mismo que se ha informado se encuentra internado en un hospital de Hermosillo en estado delicado pues recibió un impacto de bala de grueso calibre en una de sus piernas.

Lo que se llama “daño colateral” en este tipo de casos ocurrió luego de que a muy tempranas horas y que es cuando pescadores locales realizan sus actividades, estuvieron en el momento exacto del enfrentamiento, habiendo tratado de huir del lugar por el pánico, pero que por mala fortuna, policías federales los confundieron con delincuentes y por ello realizar disparos al objetivo, siendo impactado el vehículo decenas de veces como se puede apreciar en la foto tomada durante los hechos.

Trasciende que el pescador herido de gravedad cuenta con apenas 20 años de edad, mientras que otro de los ocupantes es de 15 años, habitantes de la Colonia Nueva.
I was just reading that. Translation for others: Some fishermen were driving down to the road towards Cholla Bay when the shooting started at the government thought they were some of the cartel members and started shooting up their pick up truck. They fired dozens of shots at the pick up and a 20-year old was injured and is in the hospital in Hermosillo. Wrong place at the wrong time.

Terry C

Google Translate
Following the federal operation in search of suspected members of the drug trade in tourism development "Bella Sirena " and where part 2 " Blackhawk " helicopters same guy who fired shots from the ship and targeting vehicles of criminal suspects a vehicle type Ford Bronco , black color ... the backward mode , in which a group of fishermen was traveling on the coastal avenue towards the coast of La Cholla were at the crossroads of fire , resulting with bullet wounds at least one of them, same as reported is admitted to a hospital in serious condition as Hermosillo received a bullet caliber in one of his legs.

What is called "collateral damage" in these cases occurred after a very early hour and that is when local fishermen carry out their activities , were at the exact time of the confrontation , having tried to flee the scene in panic , but that misfortune , federal police mistook criminals and therefore make shots at the target, the vehicle being hit dozens of times as you can see in the picture taken during the events .

It transcends the injured fisherman gravity has just 20 years old, while another occupant is 15 years , residents of the New Colony.

Roberto

I suggest if someone is thinking of coming down soon that you delay your visit. Too much is up in the air. I'm gone for a few days so Feliz Navidad.

JimMcG

I suggest if someone is thinking of coming down soon that you delay your visit. Too much is up in the air. I'm gone for a few days so Feliz Navidad.
Little bit of hearsay you think, wanna share what you heard at Capone's?
When Bob makes a comment like that I pay attention since he traditionally has been anything but a fearmonger. Since I am planning to come down this week, is there something breaking I should know about that would stop me from visiting Penasco, other than what has been discussed already? Would anyone care to share insights?
Thanks.

I am also coming down later this week, have been checking with friends regularly ... and there have been no incidents since 12/18. That is about 5 days with no "action" ... so if someone is suspecting something like retaliation or more conflict ... I agree with JimMcG it would be good speak up now. Anyone?

I too would like to know if there is something up. I have plans to visit over New Years and I'd hate to get my children caught in the crossfire. If this is fear-mongering, so be it, but realize that there may be lurkers watching this thread and your commentary and frankly, this kind of talk does not help. If there is a real concern, don't just toss out scary warnings, and please be more specific. I've survived dicier places than Rocky Point, but I'm also not fond of taking unnecessary risks.