Wierd scene coming into Rocky Point today.

dmcauley

Frantically searched? Hardly. You are the one who said you had all the FACTS. Guess you came up a bit short? As I said I knew Trish's family so that was an easy one for me.
Again you are wrong about the American media reporting anything that happens in RP. I didn't hear about the home invasion and rape in Las Conchas nor did I see the rolling gun battle along Calle 13 a few years ago. Can't you get any FACTS right?
Sounds like your beer might be a little bitter, did the cartel piss in it?

Oh another fact you got wrong. Check out the American Consulate page from our embassy in Mexico. Notice anything missing? Like anything related to violence in Mexico much less RP? I sure did.
http://mexico.usembassy.gov/
This case was prosecuted in the states because it was basically planned there by the husband and his transvestite from Mexico. This is hardly valid as an American targeted for murder by Mexicans. This is more a closet queen hot for a Mexican transvestite Sub.

A note to the moderator.

I have deleted my original post that this is a reply to. I would appreciate if all references to my post on this matter be deleted.
This was told to me personally and I posted it on a public forum, without that party's permission. This in no way means it is not true, but I do not want to cite a private conversation, on a public forum.

I sometimes feel like I am in the middle of two groups... one that promises bubble gum rainbows in rocky point with zero crime and the other than gets giddy and hopeful for any negative rumor or story of something bad happening. Just like in politics, it would be nice if we did not deal with two extremes and people just looked out for the interests of the majority (down the middle).
Dryheat I am with you on this. Instead of extreme views on either side it's time for sober rational reflection, maybe I am guilty of not doing this.
I feel most sorry for the people of Puerto Penasco. if there is any negative blow back from this unfortunate incident, they will suffer the most. Let's hope that's not the case.

I call BS on that story. Ofcoarse your not going to mention names because they dont exist. Were your apparent friends just out for a early morning 5am fun drive around town site seeing?? I was in RP and NOBODY was just driving around especially at 5am. Anybody in the area especially after hearing gun shots stayed put. When you hear a bunch of gun shots near by you stay put and lock your doors you dont get in the car and go for a stroll around town.
Dryheat I am with you on this. Instead of extreme views on either side it's time for sober rational reflection, maybe I am guilty of not doing this. It's just that the sunshine and lollipops type posts irk me having witnessed this event. It's just not the truth which as you say lies somewhere in between.
I feel most sorry for the people of Puerto Penasco. if there is any negative blow back from this unfortunate incident, they will suffer the most. Let's hope that's not the case.

Sub

This case was prosecuted in the states because it was basically planned there by the husband and his transvestite from Mexico. This is hardly valid as an American targeted for murder by Mexicans. This is more a closet queen hot for a Mexican transvestite Sub.
Murder is murder except on this forum. MikeHeadInSand specifically said it was a FACT that there were no American's murdered in Puerto Penasco and I easily pointed out that he was wrong. At this point the only reason Americans haven't been killed by the Cartels or Mexican Military is pure luck. Perhaps along with the flares you guys need to tape American flags to your car rooftops to avoid being the next black Bronco. Oh and whatever you're hot for is all you man. (black widow?)

TICO-T

Murder is murder except on this forum. MikeHeadInSand specifically said it was a FACT that there were no American's murdered in Puerto Penasco and I easily pointed out that he was wrong. At this point the only reason Americans haven't been killed by the Cartels or Mexican Military is pure luck. Perhaps along with the flares you guys need to tape American flags to your car rooftops to avoid being the next black Bronco. Oh and whatever you're hot for is all you man. (black widow?)
Mike is correct! There have been NO tourists murdered in RP. The woman murdered by her husband/lover was not some random incident. This is not a threat to the rest of us who love to visit RP. SUB-Human why do you bother with this forum if you hate the place? Read a book, play pool, watch reruns of Perry Mason! Get out of here!

dry heat

Pigeon coup coordinator
For those that are somewhat new on this forum. about 6-7 years ago we had a great divide between those who wanted the old penasco and those who were a part of the new penasco (development). we had great arguments and looking back, those who were not happy with the development were partially right when we saw the over development of penasco (lots of dishonest people involved and all of us suffered for it). I bring this out because it still bothers some if any positive comes out of penasco and they will certainly jump right in when something bad happens (almost like they are waiting to say "I told you so"). Unfortunately it has led some to prefer the destruction of the place in order to feel better. I have no problem with comments, I just get tired when the comments are simply put out there to 'hate' no matter what.

Headed to rocky point tomorrow..!!! I call b.s. on all this negativity about this awesome town.
RSCHLIG looking forward to seeing you down here on the beach. We were out on the boat yesterday in RP and the dolphins are everywhere and the weather is great.

Dont know how long you have been following this forum but DRYHEAT is exactly right. Their are a few people on this forum that are EXTREME haters of RP and any development in RP and they stalk this forum 24/7 bashing RP any chance they get in hopes of driving away anymore new people from coming to RP. They like the RP of 20 years ago & despise all the new resorts / condos / development / golf courses / cruise ship port project, etc. We all know that these few people are the minority but they are like a nasty fly constantly buzzing around a productive group of humans.

You just have to let it go in one ear and out the other w/ these people. They are going to hate RP forever while WE the majority enjoy the beautiful resorts and beaches....

We arrived in Rocky Point this afternoon. When we stopped to gas up in Why, I started to bs with the owner. She told me there was a huge group of DEA agents that met in front of her gas station before and after the shoot out. She made it sound like the DEA was involved from the start.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

By sitting in a condo within several hundred feet of unseen helicopter gunships firing gatling guns at unknown targets, then hours of sporadic gunfire - without any means of protecting ourselves, understanding what was going on or who the 'enemy' was, left me with the most helpless feeling I have ever had in my life.

A person told me that 50 cal ammo like they were firing from the helicopters can penetrate solid walls, so you were not entirely safe sitting in your condo. Not only did the helicopters fire along Sandy beach road from the desert but were firing over the roofs of the condos.

And BTW, we were also left with the feeling that as tourists, even if it is the slow season, we had absolutely no value - were worthless pawns in an obvious growing war. Not to mention the workers, security guards, and any others that were innocent victims of this battle.

I agree, when something like this goes down. YOU ARE ENTIRELY ON YOUR OWN.
Ditto

Kenny

RSCHLIG looking forward to seeing you down here on the beach. We were out on the boat yesterday in RP and the dolphins are everywhere and the weather is great.

Dont know how long you have been following this forum but DRYHEAT is exactly right. Their are a few people on this forum that are EXTREME haters of RP and any development in RP and they stalk this forum 24/7 bashing RP any chance they get in hopes of driving away anymore new people from coming to RP. They like the RP of 20 years ago & despise all the new resorts / condos / development / golf courses / cruise ship port project, etc. We all know that these few people are the minority but they are like a nasty fly constantly buzzing around a productive group of humans.

You just have to let it go in one ear and out the other w/ these people. They are going to hate RP forever while WE the majority enjoy the beautiful resorts and beaches....
Well that can't be me as I liked the Rocky Point of 55 years ago much better than in was just 20 years ago.:D Hey I still love Mexico and parts of Cholla and PP, but I don't much like it when the powers that be leave body's laying around town:eek:, the bad guy's or the good.

jerry

Funny...dry heat throwing out the olive branch after trying to club us doubters about the wisdom of building all those faulty towers for years! Then Mike...most likely a real estate genius that appears out of nowhere and 360 another boosterette start slinging insults.Mike,why not share some good practical knowledge for visitors while you fight the good fight? Multitask a bit bro.....
Kenny do you remember when the accountant for Privada was found beat to death by the side of the road after swiping 80k and the boosters claimed it was just a car accident?
RockyPoint 1973 was a great place.....two lobster tails for 5 bucks.....then they fished them all out.....progress

jerry

Damn jet lag has me up....Oh also this is a message I sent Tim Stellar of the star on Nov.24. For some reason he wrote nothing......
Jerry Kelly
Tim you should do a story on the rolling gun battle from Sonoyta to the outskirts of Rockypoint last week.The locals on the Rockypointtalk forum kept it quiet rather than warn American travelers because they are trying to protect the local economy.I think the news needs to get out.This tied with the Chicago Cartel Trial,the search for Quintero could put tourists in a the wrong place at the wrong time for a bit.Karen Gonzalez attack and near death in Cochise County by narcos still has not been solved...things may be heating up.

Estero

Crossed in Sonoyta at about 8:15 tonight. A few cars in front of me, uneventful drive. The California plated car in front did get the red and I got the green light which was sweet because I was seriously loaded to the gills with toys and clothes for kids and friends. Looking forward to a great week or 2 in Penasco!

jerry

Last edited: