Bad News Thread

jerry

We just traveled to the border yesterday, there were no road blocks and not to be rude sometimes the BP will embellish these things just a tad. Naomi and I are way more concerned about our roof because of the rain.
Rolling gun battle from Sonoyta to the outskirts of Puerto Penasco and you think it is no big deal?

dmcauley

It was a big deal for the Sonoita police who could not stop the sicarios, but when they arrived in Penasco and in Miramar our local forces taught them not to mess around in the tourist areas.

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
Everybody does their jobs, I take people on tour, I leave the bad guys alone, the marines take out the bad guys - they leave the tour guy alone. The tourist want to drink around town and they have nothing to do with the bad guys, they are left alone. If I want to insist on making every piece of news that is bad part or our life....Jerry can do it. Life is good and everybody has their job, get in their face and it may fall apart. So Jerry I will try to not get in your biz of reporting anything bad in your effort to info everybody about things that dont involve them. When I talk to the locals about this event....its no concern, the bad guys for the most part were very unwelcome by all. But hey Jerry, thanks for trying to sensationalize everything bad........I especially like the term "RUNNING gun battles" yeah the cops should wait till the perps park or something lol, sorry your thought process brinks on silly

jerry

Hey ,I hope the cone of silence you operate in is bullet proof...really do.....but me,I like to tell my friends when a dangerous situation is happening.Road issues,bad cops,gangster crap.....what's the harm?

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
Hey ,I hope the cone of silence you operate in is bullet proof...really do.....but me,I like to tell my friends when a dangerous situation is happening.Road issues,bad cops,gangster crap.....what's the harm?
If everyone lived like you .....nobody would do nothing.
It's a dangerous world out the Jer.

As adults we know that.

There's a lot of bad news out there Jer.

We don't need a keyboard patriot to remind us of that Jer.

When you post the specifics about a place and determine it's not safe you have by default told everyone that other places are safe. Think for your self travel smart use your head keep your eyes open and have as much fun as you can. Or stay at home read the news that non-news people copy and paste and never leave your house...........I'll vote........I'll go do something instead! AJUA "Life is Good"

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
I dont need "bullet proof" I just need "paranoid proof" and I think I have that covered. I don't think they make a pill for that but you may need to pursue it.

jerry

Smug but so were those real estate s***heads that called Kenny and me haters and idiots when we warned people the party was over. We even saved some people's life savings...felt pretty good sharing a bit of experience but hey your job here to jamb one more newbie in the van.

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
I'm sure there are plenty out here "thanking you for your service" it's not even close to the same thing. but whatever you are in control of the negative button..who am I to say no? Good for you and Kenney sitting there on the sidelines claiming you know but really you don't know, glad to know you are a team......awesome....keep up the good work! Fear sells we all know that. Erstwhile (look it up).....real happy life goes on, with or without you! I have over 60 people in town for tours...I am sure none of them will be injured in their tours of RP, if one is I will let you know so you can be of service to whoever buys or drinks your bad ju ju

jerry

Glad you have it all figured,but in the real world a few things are in flux such as the road issues from Penasco south could get a guy killed.Terry just gave a piece of advise to a forum reader that might have been a life saver.It is peak harvest season and the cartel truce may be ending. woud it have hurt one of you locals to note that a gun battle on the only highway most people will ever take to Penasco was happening?

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
Glad you have it all figured,but in the real world a few things are in flux such as the road issues from Penasco south could get a guy killed.Terry just gave a piece of advise to a forum reader that might have been a life saver.It is peak harvest season and the cartel truce may be ending. woud it have hurt one of you locals to note that a gun battle on the only highway most people will ever take to Penasco was happening?
no!, your crap is tiring totally. Get back on your comupter and do whatever you do. Life goes on outside your compound (mental or otherwise)

tmotsinger

Eating Newbie Gringo Taco
Well if I had the Mexican Marines and maybe state police that works for a different cartel chasing my crew and I came upon a tourist van headed to the Pinacates or home cruise port they would all be Duct taped to my sawed off while we negotiated my safe passage.
What a bitter thing to think, and a disgusting thing to say.

jerry

What a bitter thing to think, and a disgusting thing to say.
Bitter? Not a bit,I travel a lot in the coastal areas near Caborca by car,bike,foot and Atv and know how hardball these guys play but usually do not worry to much about it.I still tell my friends ( and they tell me) where the road is dangerous whether it is from construction,weather or gangsters.You have come upon a old forum arguement Tmostinger.Should information of potential problems in Sonora be shared and if at all how much is the question.I think a rolling gun battle ( which it was) headed for a town full of American tourists from the American border might qualify for a heads up.

playaperro

El Pirata
From what I read they had a head start from the border town police, they just waited for them at a roadblock outside Penasco. the only gun battle was chasing them in the sand when they bailed out of the truck. I personally report bad crimes but I rather let you take the heat for this one.

jerry

Perro it had both elements but there was a chase....police and military and the crew all over the road 100 mph plus
I think the Army roadblock should be reinstated outside of town